Parachutes not working

Hi all,

i decided to add some new mods to KSP the yesterday day (I last played before that on Monday). Since then the parachutes haven't been working (un-clickable, dont show in staging, do not deploy, however i can still put them onto the craft in the VAB/SPH)

I have since uninstalled the mods and they still do not work, however the staging and setting of the parachutes are now settable and they still deploy, the drag mechanic does not seem to work on them however, drag works correctly on the rest of the craft.

My previous (and now current again) mod status is:

-FAR

-MechJeb2

-KAC

-Nodesplitter

using ModuleManager.2.6.25

I installed the following (after which the parachutes no longer worked)

-Planetshine

-DockingPort alignment indicator

-Stock Visual Enhancements

-Environment Visual enhancements

-Re-entry particle effect

Using Module manager 2.7.5

i have a folder in my GameData which is ModularFlightIntegrator i do not recall downloading this (it is not in my KSP downloads folder which i download all the .zip files to) i assume it is stock from squad but unsure

Yes i have checked to make sure these mods are up to date and compatible (should not matter if i uninstall though?)

I play 64bit btw

if you need some more info to help me out, just say so and i'll be happy to supply it

Thanks in advance!

Kerbinkind

Edited by Kerbinkind

8 hours ago, Brent Kerman said:

Using two or more module manager versions is asking for trouble. Use only the latest. I had three one time and everything it changed was screwed up.

Hi Brent,

thanks for the response, i think it does indeed have something to do with the module manager, i was running both of them when this problem appeared, however, i removed 2.7.5 and i still had a problem, i just removed 2.6.25 and tried 2.7.5 by itself but i still get the original problem (where i cannot interact with the parachutes at all, as if it were just a visual piece) I am new to modding etc, i ran stock for a long time, how would i go about getting the .log file a lot of mod devs want before they will help you? 

I also noted just now, while trying out module manager 2.7.5 that my control surfaces do not work and i am unable to interact with them either in flight or in the SPH/VAB

Thanks Kerbinkind

Edited by Kerbinkind
additional info ref/ control surfaces

15 minutes ago, Kerbinkind said:

I currently have no Squad folder in the locallow folder, the only "squad" folder on my computer (through the search function) is in the GameData in my KSP file :(

Then this may help you

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.