[1.2.2] Quarter Sized Real Solar System (2.5x Stock Scale) Version 1.0

pap1723

9 hours ago, Wallygator said:

My implementation has the moon on an equatorial 0 degree inclination. Going todo a reinstall and see if it goes away. Unless that's just the way it is at the moment.

EDIT:  It was my own issue - rebuilding my install corrected the inclination back to normal.

EDIT2: I would really like to get RSS extended working with this mod.

RSS Extended would be tough. There are some duplicated bodies, but mostly, the things added are very small. Many of them do not have proper SOI and will be difficult to implement at only a quarter size. 

On 5/6/2017 at 1:38 PM, JedTech said:

Hey, I'm looking for a way to adjust inclinations to be more stock-a-like. Will the following config do the trick or does it need to be more specific to QSRSS?
https://github.com/Galileo88/SSRSSContinued/blob/master/Stockalike Inclinations/Stockalike_Inclinations/Stockalike_Inclinations.cfg

That will not work as I used custom configs that I wrote. Basically what you would need to do is go through each file in Planets sunflower and change the inclination value to 0. That will put everything on the ecliptic. 

19 hours ago, Abrecan said:

Awesome mod! been having plenty of fun with this, but I had noticed I get a lag spike / graphics spike (?) when orbiting Phobos... the rock is almost warping when I look at it lol

Hmmm, I will check the values to make sure that I didn't break something. I know that I did a flyby at some point and didn't notice anything, but it has been a while. 

17 hours ago, QiJian said:

Great mod! Replaced RSS at the first time.

Can't see Mars from earth orbit useing telescope from Tarsier Space Technology with Galaxies mod. Moon is ok, no problem in RSS.

I have not used Tarsier, but I don't know not know why it wouldn't work. Strange. 

1 hour ago, pap1723 said:

RSS Extended would be tough. There are some duplicated bodies, but mostly, the things added are very small. Many of them do not have proper SOI and will be difficult to implement at only a quarter size. 

Fair enough.

But one can dream...

Would be nice to have Eros though, as that was one of the initial astroid missions envisioned in the early 1960's. (Even though Eros is not in RSS extended in the first place).  Sadly, it's likely that it is just too small.

Regardless, plenty to do without it...

Edited by Wallygator

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:38 PM, JedTech said:

Hey, I'm looking for a way to adjust inclinations to be more stock-a-like. Will the following config do the trick or does it need to be more specific to QSRSS?
https://github.com/Galileo88/SSRSSContinued/blob/master/Stockalike Inclinations/Stockalike_Inclinations/Stockalike_Inclinations.cfg

That file might work if you change the first line to,

@Kopernicus:AFTER[QuarterRSS]

Noticed a bug in your Remote Tech config. It needs an @ symbol in the config, should read @RemoteTechSettings and for good measure :FINAL incase anyone hase Seti-Rebalance installed

11 hours ago, Sovek said:

Noticed a bug in your Remote Tech config. It needs an @ symbol in the config, should read @RemoteTechSettings and for good measure :FINAL incase anyone hase Seti-Rebalance installed

Thanks Sovek I will add that for the next update.

2 hours ago, Youre_avarage_Kerbal said:

is there a way to have scatter and clouds?

Yes, if you go to the Github.com link in the OP, there are RSSVE configs included. I am not going to be supporting that installation as I just don't have time. Also please don't bother Phineas Freak about it either. 

Here is how to install. Go to the RSSVE forum post and follow ALL installation instructions. After completing everything, simply overwrite the RSSVE folder with the one provided. 

On 2017-5-8 at 10:08 PM, pap1723 said:

Yes, if you go to the Github.com link in the OP, there are RSSVE configs included. I am not going to be supporting that installation as I just don't have time. Also please don't bother Phineas Freak about it either. 

Here is how to install. Go to the RSSVE forum post and follow ALL installation instructions. After completing everything, simply overwrite the RSSVE folder with the one provided. 

let me readback

1. install rssve into game with quarter rss

2. read instructions

3. place configs in rssve for it to work

4. ???

5. clouds

1 hour ago, Youre_avarage_Kerbal said:

im having this problem, black screen with the loading icon, thats it

That usually means that you did not install the correct textures, or that you did not install the textures correctly.

Just now, Youre_avarage_Kerbal said:

but, its stuck there

also, i switched to ssrss

OK, then we cannot help you here anymore.

2 minutes ago, Youre_avarage_Kerbal said:

but, its stuck there

It might be loading, just taking longer than normal. If you click around it will crash it.

3 minutes ago, Youre_avarage_Kerbal said:

also, i switched to ssrss

K.

26 minutes ago, SpaceIsCool said:

I made a Saturn V but it flops around a lot when I take off and it just has enough power, how can I fix this?

Use kerbal joint reinforcement. It's a mod you will need to do a search for.

25 minutes ago, SpaceIsCool said:

I made a Saturn V but it flops around a lot when I take off and it just has enough power, how can I fix this?

I'm on mobile so I cannot link, but look up the mod Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. I don't play without it. 

3 hours ago, SpaceIsCool said:

Hold up, why did you post in this thread? Post in the thread you got the Saturn V from.

Regardless, advice:

Spoiler

As others have said, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement can fix the wobble. If you don't want it, you can "enable advanced tweakables" in your game options & autostrut the bejezzus out of it.

About the low thrust, make sure that all the engines are actually firing (it sounds stupid but I've done it before) and also make sure you have Community Resource Pack installed, which is included in BDB's download.

Edited by minepagan

17 minutes ago, minepagan said:

Hold up, why did you post in this thread? Post in the thread you got the Saturn V from.

Regardless, advice:

Reveal hidden contents

As others have said, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement can fix the wobble. If you don't want it, you can "enable advanced tweakables" in your game options & autostrut the bejezzus out of it.

About the low thrust, make sure that all the engines are actually firing (it sounds stupid but I've done it before) and also make sure you have Community Resource Pack installed, which is included in BDB's download.

Thanks for the advice, the reason why I posted it here is because I just registered and I thought I was on BDB's page, so that was my fault.

1 hour ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Do you need EVE or another Atmosphere-replacing mod? because my skies are permanently pitch-black.

That should absolutely not be happening, but it means you must have some visual mod of some type installed? This mod does nothing to the visuals.

4 hours ago, pap1723 said:

That should absolutely not be happening, but it means you must have some visual mod of some type installed? This mod does nothing to the visuals.

erm, I don't think, but here's a listing of all my mod folders in GameData:

Spoiler

000_AT_Utils
000_FilterExtensions
000_FilterExtensions Configs
000_USITools
AirplanePlus
B9PartSwitch
Bluedog_DB
Coatl Aerospace
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
CryoEngines
CryoTanks
DeployableEngines
Dimensions
DIRECT_LV
DMagicOrbitalScience
DMagicScienceAnimate
EasyVesselSwitch
Firespitter
HabTech
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
KAS
KerbalAtomics
KerbalEngineer
KerbalJointReinforcement
KerbalReusabilityExpansion
Kerbaltek
KIS
Kopernicus
kOS
KronalUtils
KSEA
ModularFlightIntegrator
ModuleManager.2.7.5.dll
ModuleManager.2.7.6.dll
ModuleManagerLicense.md
NearFutureProps
QuarterRSS
RealPlume
ReentryParticleEffect
RSS-Textures
SmokeScreen
StateFunding
SXMk2
SXT
Tantares
TantaresLV
Trajectories
TweakScale
UniversalStorage
WildBlueIndustries

PS: how do you move the space center?

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

Playing with Remote Tech installed and I noticed that there is only one ground transmission station and it's a thousand or so kilometers to the South of KSC. Is that a known issue with this mod or Remote Tech? I had a thought that it might be a leftover piece of code missed when converting Kerbin to Earth so the mission control coordinates are where KSC used to be on Kerbin.

EDIT: Fixed it by copying the GroundStations settings from the QuaterSizedRSS RemoteTech_Settings file into the regular RemoteTech Default_Settings file. For some reason the custom config wasn't loading correctly for me.

Edited by Sᴄɪɴᴛɪʟʟᴀᴛ�ʀ
Fixed

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again! I'm looking forward more than ever to using this mod here, but I just can't seem to get it to install correctly. I've extracted it just as I normally would any other mod to the GameData folder, booted up the game, but no dice. Any advice? I'm running KSP 1.3.

Thanks in advance for any help! excited to be enjoying one of your mods again!

10 hours ago, MattMarquo said:

Hello again! I'm looking forward more than ever to using this mod here, but I just can't seem to get it to install correctly. I've extracted it just as I normally would any other mod to the GameData folder, booted up the game, but no dice. Any advice? I'm running KSP 1.3.

Thanks in advance for any help! excited to be enjoying one of your mods again!

Did you move the other files included in the download besides QuarterRSS to the GameData folder? Kopernicus and ModuleFlightIntegrator?

If so, did you follow the next step and download a texture pack from here?

https://github.com/pap1723/ScaledRSS-Textures/releases

EDIT: Oh yeah, the mod also isn't updated for 1.3 yet. So if it still doesn't work after making sure you have correctly installed it then you might want to just revert to 1.2.2 if you want to use it. 1.3 is mainly a localisation patch, you aren't really missing anything if you go back to 1.2.2 and will actually have a larger selection of mods to choose from since 1.2.2 is 6 months old.

Edited by Sᴄɪɴᴛɪʟʟᴀᴛ�ʀ

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.