[1.2.2] Quarter Sized Real Solar System (2.5x Stock Scale) Version 1.0

pap1723

• 4 months later...

Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 crashes KSP 1.3.1 before the main menu. Is it possible to make 1.3.1-9 work with Quarter RSS? I'll do it myself if I have to.

Edit: The issue might be too recent a version of Sigma Dimensions. Locating others..
I had Quarter RSS working with Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 and Sigma 0.9.6. Now I've done something wrong as not even those three alone will make Quarter RSS show up. Typical.

Edit 2: Got it working again somehow. Sigma Dimensions 0.9.6 is the version to use with QuarterRSS if anyone's curious.

Edited by Synthetic

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

@IvanOV-104

Hello there, I coincidentally started a x2.5 scale RSS career recently. QSRSS is outdated and the Rescale! mod wasn't working for me either so I just ended up re-scaling it myself manually.

It was a pain to get working with the visual effects and editing all of the various config files from the latest release of RSS to scale it down by a factor of four wasn't fun but I did eventually get it to a satisfactory state for a playthrough. There may still be some oddities with some of the planets/moons terrain meshes as I didn't have time to spend hours finely tweaking each one but it's overall pretty solid in my opinion.

Here is a link to download the required portions of my GameData folder, just copy it into a fresh install of the game. Confirmed working in version 1.7.1 but Kopernicus should be the only mod that is version locked so if you have a different game version going forward then that should be the only mod you need to change out.

[Download link removed by moderator. Please don't share out your actual GameData folder, due to licensing concerns. We realize you're just trying to be helpful, and we're sorry to have to remove the link. Log files are okay to share, and it's great to list which versions of which mods you have installed, but please don't share the actual contents of GameData.  Thank you for your understanding.]

Hope this helps you,

Mojibake

Edited by Snark
Download link removed by moderator

On 6/19/2019 at 12:18 AM, Sᴄɪɴᴛɪʟʟᴀᴛá´ÂÊ€ said:

@IvanOV-104

Hello there, I coincidentally started a x2.5 scale RSS career recently. QSRSS is outdated and the Rescale! mod wasn't working for me either so I just ended up re-scaling it myself manually.

It was a pain to get working with the visual effects and editing all of the various config files from the latest release of RSS to scale it down by a factor of four wasn't fun but I did eventually get it to a satisfactory state for a playthrough. There may still be some oddities with some of the planets/moons terrain meshes as I didn't have time to spend hours finely tweaking each one but it's overall pretty solid in my opinion.

Here is a link to download the required portions of my GameData folder, just copy it into a fresh install of the game. Confirmed working in version 1.7.1 but Kopernicus should be the only mod that is version locked so if you have a different game version going forward then that should be the only mod you need to change out.

[Download link removed by moderator. Please don't share out your actual GameData folder, due to licensing concerns. We realize you're just trying to be helpful, and we're sorry to have to remove the link. Log files are okay to share, and it's great to list which versions of which mods you have installed, but please don't share the actual contents of GameData.  Thank you for your understanding.]

Hope this helps you,

Mojibake

Thank you so much!

I really appreciate it, would you mind if I post it in the RSS thread? (Of course giving you credit)

• 2 weeks later...

@Sᴄɪɴᴛɪʟʟᴀᴛ�ʀ

I finally got to download your configs, and it's a great experience, my only problem is that the Earth has no skybox, during daytime the sky is completely black(I don't know if the problem persists with other atmospheric bodies), do you know any possible fix?

Other than that no problems at all.

unknown.png?width=400&height=225

I've been having a lot of fun with it

6 minutes ago, IvanOV-104 said:

@Sᴄɪɴᴛɪʟʟᴀᴛ�ʀ

I finally got to download your configs, and it's a great experience, my only problem is that the Earth has no skybox, during daytime the sky is completely black(I don't know if the problem persists with other atmospheric bodies), do you know any possible fix?

Other than that no problems at all.

I've been having a lot of fun with it

Do you have Distant Object Enhancements installed? 

42 minutes ago, IvanOV-104 said:

Yeah

I would go read what that mod does. I recommend reading what all of your mods do before you install them

DOE dims the skybox when facing bodies or the sun, like real life would do because bodies reflect light and make stars in line of sight very hard to see.

Edited by Galileo

12 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I would go read what that mod does. I recommend reading what all of your mods do before you install them

I do know what the mod does, in fact, I use it very often

I'm thinking my problem has to do with visual enhancements

But I'll remove DOVE anyways

Edited by IvanOV-104

13 minutes ago, IvanOV-104 said:

I do know what the mod does, in fact, I use it very often

I'm thinking my problem has to do with visual enhancements

But I'll remove DOVE anyways

No, it’s definitely DOE, not the visual enhancements. DOE  dims the skybox, which means it will make it much darker, or nearly black when the camera is facing a body or the sun. Which is the exact issue you said you were experiencing. It’s not an issue however, but it is the correct behavior.

29 minutes ago, Galileo said:

No, it’s definitely DOE, not the visual enhancements. DOE  dims the skybox, which means it will make it much darker, or nearly black when the camera is facing a body or the sun. Which is the exact issue you said you were experiencing. It’s not an issue however, but it is the correct behavior.

Oh, I see.

Any possible fix?

I removed Distant Objects Enhancements and problem persists

Thanks for your time by the way

Edited by IvanOV-104

@IvanOV-104

Hi Ivan, if you meant night-time and by skybox you meat the actual ambient light then that can be adjusted in the regular game settings in the menu. Under graphics settings, turn Ambient light adjustment up to your liking, I find that a 10% boost is more than sufficient.

If the actual atmosphere is black during the day then I don't have a fix, I believe it is a known scatterer issue that affects some people though. Could you post a screenshot of daytime at the space center with the scatterer menu open (Alt + F10)? And just curious as to what version of the game are you running in case that is affecting it for some reason?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 4:54 PM, Sᴄɪɴᴛɪʟʟᴀᴛá´ÂÊ€ said:

If the actual atmosphere is black during the day then I don't have a fix, I believe it is a known scatterer issue that affects some people though

That's exactly my problem

On 7/4/2019 at 4:54 PM, Sᴄɪɴᴛɪʟʟᴀᴛá´ÂÊ€ said:

And just curious as to what version of the game are you running in case that is affecting it for some reason?

I'm using 1.6.1, I'm planning to switch to 1.7.3

Sorry for the late response

Edited by IvanOV-104

• 7 months later...
13 hours ago, Wirelex said:

this mod need recompile to 1.8.1

The mod has nothing to recompile, it's just config files.  But it does bundle outdated versions of its dependencies.  From Quarter-RSS-v10.zip, just install the QuarterRSS folder and not the rest of it.  Then go download and install separately the 1.8.1 version of Kopernicus.

11 hours ago, OhioBob said:

The mod has nothing to recompile, it's just config files.  But it does bundle outdated versions of its dependencies.  From Quarter-RSS-v10.zip, just install the QuarterRSS folder and not the rest of it.  Then go download and install separately the 1.8.1 version of Kopernicus.

Oh, ok.

• 1 month later...

I'm having problem, all planet is tilting to 45° inclination, is it intended ?

Also during daytime, the sky completely black i don't have any mod for visual enhancement

I'm playing with latest version of Kopernicus (1.8.1)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.