[1.4.1] ScrapYard - The Common Part Inventory - 1.1.0.107 (2018-03-18)

magico13

On 4/19/2018 at 1:18 PM, magico13 said:

You can enable the cost overrides in the normal settings window for a save. It doesn't work correctly in all cases, particularly with KCT which uses this mod in kind of weird ways.

I don't see this option to do this.

On 3/24/2018 at 7:43 PM, magico13 said:

If you notice any parts that no matter how many time you try to apply the part it won't "stick", then make a note of the part and any modules listed. I know of at least two modules doing this: RealChutes and the stock procedural fairings. I have to implement a new feature to get those to behave correctly. I can't promise I'll get every module working 100%, but I also won't be able to try if I don't know what modules are misbehaving :wink: 

I'm having this issue with the RO Conic Cockpit and all procedural tanks / structural cylinders. It's hard to say what the offending module is seeing as procedural tanks are fairly straight forward.

6 hours ago, Omnipius said:

I'm having this issue with the RO Conic Cockpit and all procedural tanks / structural cylinders. It's hard to say what the offending module is seeing as procedural tanks are fairly straight forward.

It probably is the procedural modules on the procedural tanks. I had to include special processing to make TweakScale work so I likely will for procedural tanks as well.

Hello! Have a little problem using 1.3.1 with build 82 and KCT... Made a small craft, launched, landed.recovered, and... nothing. The inventory is empty, All parts are "new". Whrer should I look and searh for the problem?

Thank you!

Edited by Lan_Morehell

5 hours ago, Lan_Morehell said:

Hello! Have a little problem using 1.3.1 with build 82 and KCT... Made a small craft, launched, landed.recovered, and... nothing. The inventory is empty, All parts are "new". Whrer should I look and searh for the problem?

Are you using the normal recover button? So you have auto apply turned on? If not then all parts will be new by default and you'll have to manually apply inventory parts to the craft. If you're really not sure if it's working correctly you can send me the save file and the log file and I can look into it.

Ahh.. I think I just realized -- Auto Apply needs to be switched off if i'd like it to force-use a new part, right? I was trying to get a craft to use a new science part (vs one that I think was broken/full) and it kept switching back to an inventory one.

Edited by Beetlecat

17 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Ahh.. I think I just realized -- Auto Apply needs to be switched off if i'd like it to force-use a new part, right? I was trying to get a craft to use a new science part (vs one that I think was broken/full) and it kept switching back to an inventory one.

Yes, unless there aren't any in the inventory. You can discard parts that you don't want to keep around for whatever reason, though it can be a bit tedious if there are a lot of them.

19 hours ago, magico13 said:

Are you using the normal recover button? So you have auto apply turned on? If not then all parts will be new by default and you'll have to manually apply inventory parts to the craft. If you're really not sure if it's working correctly you can send me the save file and the log file and I can look into it.

Hi!

Yes, normal recovery! The inventory is just empty :( auto-apply does not change anything...

Here are the save and log^

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g55XxEkZ3UOB9y2_-Rtifpz1qDSAB-mE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yuh6xVu7xkOs6W-nq7ESC_i4s5TQXY71

Saved right after launch and recovery of "untitled spacecraft:" with Octa-core, chute and RT-10. 

1 hour ago, Apollo13 said:

Suggestion:  When I sell a used part, I should not receive full value.  Perhaps, 75% for a part used once and 50% for a twice-used part.

The eventual intent is to allow configuring it based on a formula like KCT uses, which could account for the number of times it was used and such. But the stock settings page only allows for very basic configuration options. I can add a slider that at least lets you pick a constant percentage pretty easily.

On 4/27/2018 at 5:58 AM, magico13 said:

It probably is the procedural modules on the procedural tanks. I had to include special processing to make TweakScale work so I likely will for procedural tanks as well.

Is this something that can customized in a cfg or does it need to be done in the plugin code that is KSP version specific? RO is only recently up to 1.3.1, so updates that are only available in 1.4.x aren't terribly useful for RO players right now.

28 minutes ago, Omnipius said:

Is this something that can customized in a cfg or does it need to be done in the plugin code that is KSP version specific? RO is only recently up to 1.3.1, so updates that are only available in 1.4.x aren't terribly useful for RO players right now.

It sort of depends. If it's a module not being detected then that is a config change, but if it needs special handling (like TweakScale did) then it's a code change. I might end up needing to backport KCT for RP-0 so I can maybe do the same with ScrapYard for the same reason. Otherwise you all are gonna keep pestering me ;):P

19 minutes ago, magico13 said:

It sort of depends. If it's a module not being detected then that is a config change, but if it needs special handling (like TweakScale did) then it's a code change. I might end up needing to backport KCT for RP-0 so I can maybe do the same with ScrapYard for the same reason. Otherwise you all are gonna keep pestering me ;):P

Well, that would be lovely. Thanks! :P

I'm actually more than happy to modify configs if that's all that it takes and there is sufficient documentation. Is it just a matter of adding the offending module names to ModuleTemplates.cfg? Or does it take more than that? I'm perplexed as to what, if any, specially processing could possibly be needed for cockpit parts.

Edited by Omnipius
typo

On 4/30/2018 at 6:53 AM, Lan_Morehell said:

Hi!

Yes, normal recovery! The inventory is just empty :( auto-apply does not change anything...

I knew I was forgetting to look at someone's logs and I just found these again, so sorry about the wait. You need to download KCT build 44 since KCT is looking for a missing method since the ScrapYard version is a little too new. If http://magico13.net:8080 isn't working then use http://71.72.9.204:8080/. I'm definitely going to need to backport KCT and ScrapYard back to KSP 1.3.1 I guess :P

On 5/6/2018 at 12:32 AM, Omnipius said:

I'm actually more than happy to modify configs if that's all that it takes and there is sufficient documentation. Is it just a matter of adding the offending module names to ModuleTemplates.cfg? Or does it take more than that? I'm perplexed as to what, if any, specially processing could possibly be needed for cockpit parts.

There's not much in the way of documentation yet, but it's fairly straightforward if you look at the examples in the ModuleTemplates.cfg. The name can be matched using Regex and there are a few additional things that can be used to add requirements or prevent recovery of a part. Although in this case it might be that something is matching that shouldn't be, if you're not able to get them to match in the editor. In that case you'd want to save the craft and compare it to the modules in the part in the inventory and look at what doesn't match.

On 5/10/2018 at 3:39 AM, magico13 said:

I knew I was forgetting to look at someone's logs and I just found these again, so sorry about the wait. You need to download KCT build 44 since KCT is looking for a missing method since the ScrapYard version is a little too new. If http://magico13.net:8080 isn't working then use http://71.72.9.204:8080/. I'm definitely going to need to backport KCT and ScrapYard back to KSP 1.3.1 I guess :P

There's not much in the way of documentation yet, but it's fairly straightforward if you look at the examples in the ModuleTemplates.cfg. The name can be matched using Regex and there are a few additional things that can be used to add requirements or prevent recovery of a part. Although in this case it might be that something is matching that shouldn't be, if you're not able to get them to match in the editor. In that case you'd want to save the craft and compare it to the modules in the part in the inventory and look at what doesn't match.

Thank you! Sorted problem out in radical way - installed 1.4.3... Unhappy that some mods dont't work, but scrapyard works perfectly :cool: . BTW, the question now is: Can I somehow review the whole inventory? Right now i can apply some parts to use, but as the count of parts increases, I'd like to know on early design stage, what exactly do I have in my inventory and also what failure probability does each part have?

27 minutes ago, Lan_Morehell said:

Thank you! Sorted problem out in radical way - installed 1.4.3... Unhappy that some mods dont't work, but scrapyard works perfectly :cool: . BTW, the question now is: Can I somehow review the whole inventory? Right now i can apply some parts to use, but as the count of parts increases, I'd like to know on early design stage, what exactly do I have in my inventory and also what failure probability does each part have?

In the "advanced" section of the stock part selector there's a ScrapYard tab that shows you only parts that are in the inventory. You'd have to select one of them to see how many of them you have, but at least you'd have an idea of what you've got just by looking at that.

I second the back port of ktc and scrap yard to 1.3.1 for RO/RP-1 users, this mod is just too needed for balance and racing

I think I've narrowed my matching issues down to how RealFuels implements multiple tank configurations. So, I want to block ModuleFuelTanks from being stored but still let the part be stored. 

SY_FORBIDDEN_TEMPLATE blocks the module, but also the entire part.

Is there a way to define a module template that shouldn't be stored without preventing the entire part from being stored?

9 hours ago, Omnipius said:

Is there a way to define a module template that shouldn't be stored without preventing the entire part from being stored?

Not yet, that's something I'm working on because I need to do that with stock fairings. The initial expectation was that only modules that match a Module Template would get stored in the first place, so they'd need to be crafted to only match the modules expected. I went with a fairly broad match condition for procedural parts (matching on *procedural* or *proc* but not *processor*) because writing ones for individual modules was going to be a pain. You can alter the regex for that module template to not match ModuleFuelTanks.

I haven't finalized how I'm going to specify not including certain modules, but I was originally planning on having priorities for matching Module Templates and having a field in the template that would say to not store that specific module when set to true (ie DoNotStore = true or something like that). Then you can still have a broad *procedural* template but override it with ProceduralFairing with a higher priority that says not to store it. That functionality can also be used for any other special requirements/processing that a specific module needs.

It looks like applying a part from the inventory manually (rather than using Quick Apply) is not firing any of the events (at the very least I'd expect it to fire OnSYInventoryAppliedToVessel) - this was with KCT installed, don't know if it happens in stock, didn't test that far.

Also, is there any chance that clicking the "New Part" button could also fire an event once RefreshPart_Node has finished it's thing?

6 hours ago, severedsolo said:

It looks like applying a part from the inventory manually (rather than using Quick Apply) is not firing any of the events (at the very least I'd expect it to fire OnSYInventoryAppliedToVessel) - this was with KCT installed, don't know if it happens in stock, didn't test that far.

Also, is there any chance that clicking the "New Part" button could also fire an event once RefreshPart_Node has finished it's thing?

I added an event for that a while back, I thought I tagged you when I posted about it but maybe not. Anyway, you'll need to subscribe to OnSYInventoryAppliedToPart which is fired whenever you apply an inventory part or choose "New Part". It passes the part along as the only parameter. If you're not seeing that event being fired then something's definitely wrong.