[1.4.1] ScrapYard - The Common Part Inventory - 1.1.0.107 (2018-03-18)

magico13

1 hour ago, magico13 said:

I added an event for that a while back, I thought I tagged you when I posted about it but maybe not. Anyway, you'll need to subscribe to OnSYInventoryAppliedToPart which is fired whenever you apply an inventory part or choose "New Part". It passes the part along as the only parameter. If you're not seeing that event being fired then something's definitely wrong.

Derp. Sorry, I knew about that new event. I thought I'd subscribed to all the events, but somehow I was seeing "OnSYInventoryAppliedToPart" and "OnSYInventoryAppliedToVessel" as the same thing. I'm going to assume that event is working, because if it wasn't KCT would have an issue. I'll let you know if I find out differently.

Edited by severedsolo

31 minutes ago, dlrk said:

Are the new versions backwards compatible?

With 1.3.x? No, but I might make a build that is at some point. I believe current builds would work with anything from 1.4.0 to 1.4.3 but I haven't tried all of them.

Hi,

in first I would thanks you for your mod, because I use it, it's useful , and a thanks is the minimum I can do ;) .  I use it with KCT and Oh Scrap!

I search a way to sell parts in one click. or perhaps configure it to automatically sell some type of parts. I explain.

I don't want my chutes fail, so I want to always use new chute on each builds. This seem to be already how it works, cause at each build/launch, chute are tagged as new parts. In my inventory I have more than 100 chutes used only one time and to gain some funds (cause I use budget mod too and to finish the month I need funds, but because having all this chutes used one time and never reused it take a lot of place in my hangars (and in a no RP way in my RAM I assume))

So I have sell all this chutes one by one, it take me more than 20 minutes a lot of clicks, my finger and my mouse are heating :D

Is there a way to do it at once or if not can I suggest to add a button "sell all"

thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english, not my native language

Hi Love this set of mods! Gives a ton more depth to this game :) 

Just curious if it's possible now or in the future to disable the Unity theme for Scrapyard Inventory & OhScrap! GUI. I really dislike the transparent unity theme. Thanks!

21 hours ago, SomeWebDevGuy said:

Just curious if it's possible now or in the future to disable the Unity theme for Scrapyard Inventory & OhScrap! GUI. I really dislike the transparent unity theme. Thanks!

Oh Scrap will be moving to PopUpDialog at some point, when that happens it will be changed to use the KSP skin

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ! I just started a new career on 1.4.4 with KCT, StageRecovery and ScrapYard, plus several other mods, and the part recovery to the inventory is not working.

When recovering a vessel, I have the following error log:

[LOG 19:32:16.366] [ScrapYard] Recovered
[ERR 19:32:16.367] Exception handling event onVesselRecovered in class EventListeners:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ScrapYard.InventoryPart..ctor (.ProtoPartSnapshot originPartSnapshot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScrapYard.EventListeners.VesselRecovered (.ProtoVessel vessel, Boolean someBool) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`2[ProtoVessel,System.Boolean].Fire (.ProtoVessel data0, Boolean data1) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 19:32:16.367] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ScrapYard.InventoryPart..ctor (.ProtoPartSnapshot originPartSnapshot)
    ScrapYard.EventListeners.VesselRecovered (.ProtoVessel vessel, Boolean someBool)
    EventData`2[ProtoVessel,System.Boolean].Fire (.ProtoVessel data0, Boolean data1)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`2:Fire(ProtoVessel, Boolean)
    VesselRetrieval:recoverVessel(Vessel)
    VesselRetrieval:recoverVessels()
    <OnLevelLoaded>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

KCT is build #69 and StageRecovery is #7. I tested with ScrapYard #107 and #109, got the same error.
Strange, the recovery works fine on a sandbox save. It only bugs on career mode.

EDIT: Also, a single part can be recovered, but a multi-parts vessel cannot.

If you need more info ask me. I really love these mods, can't play a career without them ^^

Edited by Shinsaka

Looks like I'm getting a similar error:

[ERR 20:32:01.217] Exception handling event onVesselRecovered in class EventListeners:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ScrapYard.InventoryPart..ctor (.ProtoPartSnapshot originPartSnapshot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScrapYard.EventListeners.VesselRecovered (.ProtoVessel vessel, Boolean someBool) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`2[ProtoVessel,System.Boolean].Fire (.ProtoVessel data0, Boolean data1) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 20:32:01.219] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ScrapYard.InventoryPart..ctor (.ProtoPartSnapshot originPartSnapshot)
	ScrapYard.EventListeners.VesselRecovered (.ProtoVessel vessel, Boolean someBool)
	EventData`2[ProtoVessel,System.Boolean].Fire (.ProtoVessel data0, Boolean data1)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	EventData`2:Fire(ProtoVessel, Boolean)
	VesselRetrieval:recoverVessel(Vessel)
	VesselRetrieval:recoverVessels()
	<OnLevelLoaded>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

ScrapYard ver. 1.1.0.107

KCT ver. 1.4.0.69

Stage Recovery ver. 1.8.0

EDIT: It's odd. I can go so far as to construct a rocket, do it's Rollout, followed by a Rollback, then Scrap it - and the parts show up in the ScrapYard inventory. However, if I Recover a vessel, the parts don't show up, and I see the above error in the logs. 

Edited by jfjohnny5
new info from testing

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if ScrapYard is the culprit, but I noticed that sometimes when recovering parts I get negative refunds - sometimes much more than tha actual value of the vessel. I was testing a MKS miner on the launchpad, so it might have to do with the resources I gathered. Does someone experience similar issues?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again everyone, as you may have noticed I've been pretty distant from the KSP community and KSP modding for some time. I am sorry to say that I am going to be stepping back from modding entirely. I love KSP, I love the community, and I love making mods that help others enjoy KSP as well, but I haven't actively played KSP for more than a month or so in a few years and I'd like to play other games and work on other projects. I have a game idea I might pursue that is inspired by KSP and Terraria, so if I do end up making progress on that I will let you all know.

I originally started modding just because I wanted to play with a mod (KCT) that needed some work before it was really playable. That evolved into several related mods and served as a great way to learn programming. I have now been a professional .NET developer for over two years as a result of what I learned while modding and I am eternally grateful to this community for helping me bring my mods to life and pushing me to learn more. When I started I just barely understood how to write C# and now I do it professionally.

I do not have specific successors in place for my mods. If you are interested in taking over development of any of my mods, please send me a PM. I will ping some specific people now who might be interested or might know people who are, but this is open to everyone. @Starwaster, @severedsolo, @NathanKell, @linuxgurugamer

Thank you all for your support over the years, you've been great :D Hopefully I'll see you around :) 

*drops to knees and cries dramatically* Nooooooooo!

Aww man, I'm really sad to see you go. It's been a long journey since those early days of the KCT beta and noob me bugging you for features (before I started doing this stuff for myself and realising how difficult it was obviously :) ).

In terms of taking over, realistically I may have to take ScrapYard if nobody else picks it up, for Oh Scrap!, but I feel like KCT, ScrapYard and StageRecovery need to go as a suite which I'm not sure I can do justice to right now (although I'm sure I could learn!).

I will wait and see if anyone else expresses an interest, and throw my hat in if nobody offers.

Edited by severedsolo

1 hour ago, severedsolo said:

I feel like KCT, ScrapYard and StageRecovery need to go as a suite

StageRecovery is far enough removed that it can live entirely independently. KCT is just removed enough that it can be independent, but it's definitely designed with ScrapYard in mind. KCT also shares the same MagiCore dependency as ScrapYard so that could get weird, but that's also a small enough dll that just the parts ScrapYard uses could be dropped into ScrapYard itself. I can also help out with any issues that come up during the transition.

@magico13 - If I'm going to do it, I'll take all 4 (KCT, SY, SR and Magicore) - but I will have to wait a few weeks. My daughter starts school on 7 September, at which point I will have my free time back and will make a decision (tbh my own modding has fallen by the wayside recently, Summer Holidays are hard work for all parents, but doubly so when you have an autistic kid).

On a personal note - thank you for your work over the years. I consider all your mods to be essential to my install, and can't possibly imagine playing without them. You have helped me learn loads about KSP modding over the last couple of years. Good luck with whatever you do next, and I'd be interested to see/test your game when/if you get it working.

Edited by severedsolo

On 8/25/2018 at 1:30 AM, severedsolo said:

@magico13 - If I'm going to do it, I'll take all 4 (KCT, SY, SR and Magicore) - but I will have to wait a few weeks. My daughter starts school on 7 September, at which point I will have my free time back and will make a decision (tbh my own modding has fallen by the wayside recently, Summer Holidays are hard work for all parents, but doubly so when you have an autistic kid).

On a personal note - thank you for your work over the years. I consider all your mods to be essential to my install, and can't possibly imagine playing without them. You have helped me learn loads about KSP modding over the last couple of years. Good luck with whatever you do next, and I'd be interested to see/test your game when/if you get it working.

@severedsolo If all are too much, then maybe I can help with one or two

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 11:47 AM, magico13 said:

With 1.3.x? No, but I might make a build that is at some point. I believe current builds would work with anything from 1.4.0 to 1.4.3 but I haven't tried all of them.

I'm currently on 1.3.1 with RO etc. and KCT. Scrapyard is working! Except the procedural parts don't seem to work. Recovered a tank, applied it, it said it was applied but didn't effect construction time or price. Apart from that, it seems to be working fine for me!

Update to previous post - as with previous posts, scrap inventory works in sandbox, does not work in career, hoping that help narrow down the issue.  Thanks!

UPDATE - after adding mods one by mod, found the issue to be with toolbar mod.  When i deleted it, it worked fine.  And im not trying to imply that this mod needs fixed because of this, just want others to see what the solution was for me to see if it helps them.  Thanks for a great mod and great fun!

Edited by gsamelon

2 hours ago, gsamelon said:

Update to previous post - as with previous posts, scrap inventory works in sandbox, does not work in career, hoping that help narrow down the issue.  Thanks!

UPDATE - after adding mods one by mod, found the issue to be with toolbar mod.  When i deleted it, it worked fine.  And im not trying to imply that this mod needs fixed because of this, just want others to see what the solution was for me to see if it helps them.  Thanks for a great mod and great fun!

Perhaps you could provide log files for both the runs in which there's a failure and one in which it works after removing said toolbar mod, that removal being the only change.  I'm assuming you mean this mod, which means @linuxgurugamer should be told about it too.  And I'd imagine he'd like log files too.

4 hours ago, gsamelon said:

Have you tried the minimal? ie:  just Scrapyard and the ToolbarController.?

BTW, “toolbar mod” is the Blizzy Toolbar, mine is the ToolbarController

What is the minimal mods which causes the problem?

Just a heads up, but @severedsolo will be taking over development of ScrapYard! He's the developer of Oh Scrap!, a mod built on top of ScrapYard, and was a guiding force during most of ScrapYard's development. He's probably the second most knowledgeable person on Earth about ScrapYard, so I can't think of anyone better to take over development. He's a busy guy though, so don't expect sweeping changes at first, but hopefully some of the half-finished parts of ScrapYard will be able to be completed through his hands. Please join me in saying congrats to @severedsolo!