Liquid fuelled engines under-performing

I'm having a problem with all (as far as I can tell) of my liquid fuelled engines under-performing on every launch. A little way into the flight (usually at around 7-10km up), the thrust of the engine drops off, but the right click menu and Kerbal Engineer readouts both say the normal level of thrust, just the navball G-Meter, and the actual performance of the rocket, vary. The thrust gradually returns to normal levels, getting back up to full performance at around 30km. Also, the fuel consumption of the engine remains the same.

Output log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B442KKEvDnJ9Nm1JcXFSVmI0Nmc

You mean the jet engines or rocketengines.

If you mean the jet engines, that's because there's no oxidizer in the air if you go higher into the atmosphere. For a combustion to happen, you need a fuel and a oxidizer. Airbreathing engines, like jet engines, they take the oxidizer from the air. Rocketengines have their own oxidizer because they need it in space, since there's no oxygen. 

For instance, the OMS engines of the spaceshuttle used the combination of MMH and NTO. MMH is here the fuel and the NTO is the oxidizer. But ksp just simplified all the fuel to just liquid fuel and liquid oxygen.

Just some extra Information: higher in the air is less resistance/drag. So your jetengines need less thrust to get the same TWR.

Edited by DrLicor

Ah that way, quite brilliant haha. I couldn't find any anomalies in the output log that could explain your bug.. Sorry. I think it's a mod that messes with the atmosphere or something like that. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.