Weird Radar found in crater (Kerbin)

dgomes003

So, i just went on a big journey around Kerbin, and i notice something i've never seen before. Apperently there is a Radar on the outline of that big crater in Kerbin. Is something really small! I noticed a little dot on the distance and i went there, i knew for shore it wasnt a tree because it was to far way to spawn. Is this an easter egg or something!? Its deffently something strange. 

I should have stopped to see it up close (i flew pass it with a jet) there could be something interesting wrote on the wall.

Anyway, i have some pics of the thing.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwr8Vi6aksM9ZlZ1d3FXUVctOWs

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwr8Vi6aksM9QWZMelJkV2J3MjA

Edited by dgomes003

That's the ground relaystation. If you enabled commnet feature and your rocket is away from kerbin, you might notice a green line that connects your craft to kerbin. That's the role of those radar dish, providing signal connection so you can transmit science and control probe in deep space

There are a number of those large dishes scattered around Kerbin.  The one you found is Crater Rim Station.  When you have a mission in space, at least within Minmus orbit (likely much further if you have better antennae on your spacecraft), and have communications enabled in settings, the comm status display (right end of the mission clock) will tell you which ground station you're connected to when you hover over the middle icon.  KSC has one (presumably the array of dishes at the Tracking Station), there's one at Crater Rim, one at Nye Island (where I once accidentally landed a tandem pair of command pods straddling the island), something-or-other Massif, and possibly one or two more.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.