KSP 1.0.5

Petras

TL;DR: How can i get 1.0.5?

EDIT: You can select prerelease and previous versions from the betas tab of the game's Steam properties. 1.0.5 should be available along with 1.1.3.

Hello

First of all I just wanna say this: I absolutely love this game, it's my favorite, it's like minecraft but in space.

Most of all I love building planes, but there's this problem: since the wheel rework on 1.1 the wheels have become extra-bouncy and landing is very hard. I have to cancel my vertical velocity to like 0.5 m/s and even then sometimes I just bounce off the runway. It is very frustrating to me, and this game is unplayable in this state. Sure, rockets work fine, but i'm not about the rockets. I remember in 1.0.5 i could land with 5 m/s vertical velocity with no problem, this feat is impossible in 1.2.

Which brings me to my question: How can i get the 1.0.5 build? I know i can torrent it, but the torrents seem to have viruses with them. Is there a legitimate way to obtain 1.0.5? I own the game and have no problem proving it somehow.

Edited by Petras

Don't even name torrents again, that's against forum rule 2.2.a (discussing piracy) and will get you banned before you even realize it. Not joking! And besides, true those can hold all kinds of malware embedded in them.

Both the official KSP Store and Steam still hold KSP 1.0.5 for download. Possibly other retailers do as well, but I can't check with them.  Should you need specific instructions about how to download 1.0.5 from one of the sites mentioned above, tell which one you bought KSP from.

2 hours ago, Petras said:

TL;DR: How can i get 1.0.5?

Hello

First of all I just wanna say this: I absolutely love this game, it's my favorite, it's like minecraft but in space.

Most of all I love building planes, but there's this problem: since the wheel rework on 1.1 the wheels have become extra-bouncy and landing is very hard. I have to cancel my vertical velocity to like 0.5 m/s and even then sometimes I just bounce off the runway. It is very frustrating to me, and this game is unplayable in this state. Sure, rockets work fine, but i'm not about the rockets. I remember in 1.0.5 i could land with 5 m/s vertical velocity with no problem, this feat is impossible in 1.2.

Which brings me to my question: How can i get the 1.0.5 build? I know i can torrent it, but the torrents seem to have viruses with them. Is there a legitimate way to obtain 1.0.5? I own the game and have no problem proving it somehow.

I don't do planes, but I'm pretty sure this solves your problems:

The plugin part allows you (even minus the new parts, entirely) to adjust the way wheels behave, and it fixes many of the stock problems with them.

3 hours ago, Petras said:

Most of all I love building planes, but there's this problem: since the wheel rework on 1.1 the wheels have become extra-bouncy and landing is very hard. I have to cancel my vertical velocity to like 0.5 m/s and even then sometimes I just bounce off the runway. It is very frustrating to me, and this game is unplayable in this state. [...]

I had a similar opinion of the gears in 1.2. (I skipped 1.1.) For 1.2, the best thing I could do for the stock gears was crank the spring and dampener settings to max. It made the wheels "stiffer". I could still bounce off the runway on a hard landing, but it wasn't exacerbated (as badly) by the recoil from the gears.

It was my workaround until Adjustable Landing Gears was picked up by the KerbalFoundries team/dev. ALG is a bit quirky now with it using KF's plugin (KSPWheel), but it's VERY nice to have flush-fitting gears that look nice and have motors. (My only complaint would be the max weight limits.) I haven't touched the stock gears again since KF picked up ALG.

1.0.5 was fun while it lasted, but the performance and stability enhancement in 1.2 (plus mods leaving 1.0.x behind) don't really make it worthwhile to play 1.0.5 unless you have a vested interest/investment in it (like a very advanced career save or a MUST-HAVE mod for you that hasn't been updated for newer version.) Not to mention official 64-bit support. (1.0.5 required a workaround for that. Heavily modded installs would crash regularly and easily otherwise with the horrible memory leaks.)

1 hour ago, diomedea said:

Don't even name torrents again, that's against forum rule 2.2.a (discussing piracy) and will get you banned before you even realize it. Not joking! And besides, true those can hold all kinds of malware embedded in them.

Both the official KSP Store and Steam still hold KSP 1.0.5 for download. Possibly other retailers do as well, but I can't check with them.  Should you need specific instructions about how to download 1.0.5 from one of the sites mentioned above, tell which one you bought KSP from.

Hello, thank you for the answer, I have bought the game from Steam, but i cannot find the 1.0.5 version, i can just find the previous version (1.1) which I do not like. Can you give me a hint how to download 1.0.5 from steam please?

Hello, thank you for the answer, I have bought the game from Steam, but i cannot find the 1.0.5 version, i can just find the previous version (1.1) which I do not like. Can you give me a hint how to download 1.0.5 from steam please?

You can select prerelease and previous versions from the betas tab of the game's Steam properties. 1.0.5 should be available along with 1.1.3.

beta_list_pixel.png

Certainly. From the Steam browser, search the library for Kerbal Space Program. Right-click on KSP and, from the menu that now shows, select "Properties"; it will open a new window with 5 tabs, the last tab is "Beta" and has a pull-down menu for the beta you want to get. One of the entries you can select in there is "previous - 1.0.5. Kerbal Space Program". Being a public beta accessible to all who beought the game, you aren't required to fill a code and should be set: Steam will update your install to KSP 1.0.5

Thank you for the answers guys. I have indeed found what i was looking for. I knew about that window you guys are pointing me to, but the last time i checked I only saw 1.1.3 and 1.2.9. Guess I was just blind lol. Anyways, thank you for the answers, have a nice day :)

Also, when will my comments just appear? It's frustrating to need to wait to be approved by a moderator

Edited by Petras

Just now, Petras said:

Also, when will my comments just appear? It's frustrating to need to wait to be approved by a moderator

It's a measure in place to prevent spambots. You need 5 approved comments to leave the approval queue. Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

Hello, it's me again, I just can't seem to get 1.0.5. When I select 1.0.5 in Steam, like here:

On 5/7/2017 at 7:55 PM, technicalfool said:

beta_list_pixel.png

It just downloads 1.2.2. Steam shows that it is supposed to be 1.0.5, because it shows "Kerbal space program [previous]" in my game list:
IHLUtXl.jpg

but when I load it up it's just 1.2.2. Is it just me?

Maybe I have to press some other button too? Like, something else instead of "close" in the bottom right to save my choice?

Edited by Petras

• 2 years later...
21 hours ago, kspmemes said:

Hey, I found anotherlink to earlier versions. the 0.18 dosent work though, dunno why, but you can get 0.7.3 through 0.16.

What link is this? Some of the version you're including are not free to share or distribute. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.