Ammonia for Kerbalism Greenhouse

Zipmafia

Has anybody successfully used the greenhouse in kerbalism with TAC life support? I have a space station set up, but my greenhouse says it doesn't have any ammonia. I sent up some tanks of liquid ammonia, but I guess that's not what they meant. I see that the mini chemical plant can convert hydrogen and nitrogen into ammonia, but when I sent up a craft with the chemical plant and some hydrogen, nothing happened. Has anybody gone through this already that can help me out, I'm about ready to give up on the game for a while if I can't figure this out.

ammonia means a part in game that holds "ammonia"

"liquid ammonia" is a different set of letters than "ammonia" and as far as the game is concerned, may as well be "elephants"

Kerbalism should ship with "big tanks" and some other tanks that hold "ammonia" as a resource. However, you're almost certainly going to get a ton of errors in general besides this trying to use two different life support mods. Since they suppress things about one another, possibly including the chemical plant processes, etc? 

Just use one of them.

Also, screenshots.

Edited by Crimeo

12 minutes ago, Crimeo said:

ammonia means a part in game that holds "ammonia"

"liquid ammonia" is a different set of letters than "ammonia" and as far as the game is concerned, may as well be "elephants"

I realized this pretty quick, and felt stupid for thinking it might work. For some reason I just took it for granted, and thought that maybe they transported it in liquid form. Duh!

13 minutes ago, Crimeo said:

Kerbalism should ship with "big tanks" and some other tanks that hold "ammonia" as a resource. However, you're almost certainly going to get a ton of errors in general besides this trying to use two different life support mods. Since they suppress things about one another, possibly including the chemical plant processes, etc? 

Just use one of them.

Yeah, I was being a dumb dumb, and forgot that Kerbalism includes it's own life support system. I was thinking it needed one for some reason, but this fixed me right up.

Thank you so much!

Now for a fresh start, bleh.

On 7-5-2017 at 9:56 PM, Zipmafia said:

Has anybody successfully used the greenhouse in kerbalism with TAC life support? I have a space station set up, but my greenhouse says it doesn't have any ammonia. I sent up some tanks of liquid ammonia, but I guess that's not what they meant. I see that the mini chemical plant can convert hydrogen and nitrogen into ammonia, but when I sent up a craft with the chemical plant and some hydrogen, nothing happened. Has anybody gone through this already that can help me out, I'm about ready to give up on the game for a while if I can't figure this out.

Well what you could do is add a LqdAmmonia to Ammonia converter, KSPI-E has several, and even IFS has a Cryogenic tank has a build in 2 way converter.

Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.