What would you like to see added to KSP?

So the title speaks for itself. Want new parts? Want more facilities? Want..... Something that I can't think of because it's a Monday? Put it here!

I'd like to see more rover parts. As well as maybe a better way to test rovers. (Maybe a track?) 

16 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

As well as maybe a better way to test rovers. (Maybe a track?) 

That would be fun if its done in kerbal way :)

Kerbals should have many alternative ways of going to space, now in KSP there are only those ways used by real space agencies.
If KSP wants to educate people about "why we use rockets and planes?" there should be all possibilities, but those that are more effective in real world should also be more effective in KSP.

1. I'd like to see better surfaces on the worlds, more like the Mun. Airless (or think atmosphere worlds) need more craters, and indeed some smaller craters, ideally.

2. A decent career mode (my constant harangue). I have a lot of ideas on that subject, but they'd be pretty long essays (and have been).

3. Some kerbal autonomy in 2 forms:

---the ability for kerbals to do stuff themselves on EVA. Walk (or float on a tether in space), doing stuff vaguely appropriate to their specialty (collect samples, examine the craft, and the pilots can kick the tires or something). Tis would just be eye candy, but it would make stations and bases look alive.

---the ability to run scheduled, routine missions,w it a chance of an accident (low) based upon their skill level. Ie: station/base resupply or crew rotations.

3 minutes ago, IllyrianTheGreat said:

That would be fun if its done in kerbal way :)

Kerbals should have many alternative ways of going to space, now in KSP there are only those ways used by real space agencies.
If KSP wants to educate people about "why we use rockets and planes?" there should be all possibilities, but those that are more effective in real world should also be more effective in KSP.

So like "Okay, so this is why we use rockets instead of, say, a ginormous rubber slingshot!"

3 minutes ago, tater said:

---the ability to run scheduled, routine missions,w it a chance of an accident (low) based upon their skill level. Ie: station/base resupply or crew rotations.

So like the AI does the resupplies for you? Because if so, that would be a god-send for me; I can't rendezvous for the life of me XD

25 minutes ago, ccoel said:

More plane making stuff!

Kerbal guns for warplanes!

BDArmory

22 minutes ago, Shadow Wolf56 said:

a... bunch of cool new experiments to try out!!!

I think that would be nice too! Especially for career mode when you need that science grind

1 minute ago, DarkOwl57 said:

So like the AI does the resupplies for you? Because if so, that would be a god-send for me; I can't rendezvous for the life of me XD

I'd say that such a mission would likely need to be demonstrated as possible by the player. But if the AI could simply fly it, that would be cool as well. I actually like rendezvous and docking a lot, but some ability to have the kerbal skill actually matter would make sense, and the addition of such AI would be something many modern could use as a hook for much more interesting play. It opens the possibility to model competitors, for example (a commercial or nationalistic space race scenario, for example).

1 minute ago, tater said:

I'd say that such a mission would likely need to be demonstrated as possible by the player. But if the AI could simply fly it, that would be cool as well. I actually like rendezvous and docking a lot, but some ability to have the kerbal skill actually matter would make sense, and the addition of such AI would be something many modern could use as a hook for much more interesting play. It opens the possibility to model competitors, for example (a commercial or nationalistic space race scenario, for example).

So like you have an option to go into an auto-pilot? Or like you fly the mission once, the AI tracks what you do, and then it says "Okay, so this is what I have to do from now on" And just replicates your moves? 

I don't know, frankly, I just want the ability to set up an infrastructure where I can worry about designing stuff, and doing the flying I want to do, and let the "Space Program" I am supposedly managing do SOMETHING without me having to wipe their noses for them.

One more thing I'd like to see is a way to fill the crew capacity of a ship even if you don't have the kerbals to do so. I built a massive 406 part ship with at least 500 crew, and due to my terrible PC, I don't have the time to go in and out of the Astronaut Complex a billion times to get crew

A. Kerbal pilots that can execute a maneuver node.

2. A decent Mission Control/Planning Facility.

III. A dry lakebed in the desert with some runways and a giant compass painted on it.

- The end of the craptastic aesthetic.

• More consistency.

F) Believability.

VII.Validity.

8. Plausibility.

• Credibility.

-Verisimilitude.

Edited by razark

Isn't the reason for half the suggestions forum "What would you like to see added to KSP"? I mean besides development discussions.

What I would like: More flexible game modes; life support; better system for planetary bases.

New starting buildings (L0), and a new set also between the current L2 and L3 (the difference there is currently just... insane) for five total (e.g. newL0 -> currentL1 -> currentL2 -> new2.5 -> currentL3)

Being able to see upcoming transfer windows and plan missions/maneuvers pre-launch which stay with a vessel (i.e. Wernher pops up and says it would be a good time to send something to Jool in three months! or something, anything)

Once you can see the dV requirements (from your plan above) for the transfers, a built in dV report so you can actually see if your vessel can complete said mission

Formalised testing grounds/simulations, you can already manually cheat your stuff around to see how it will do from orbit or on the ground via the alt+f12 menu, but some way of buying this as a launch sim would be great

Atmospheric expansion for the rocket exhaust plumes

Planetshine

Clouds

Rings

Reflections

A launchsite on a coast near KSC (for testing naval ships)

Make the relaystation looks like a base (at least add a runway)

Routine operation scheduler

All I want for christmas are some UI improvements:

1)  ability to TYPE A NUMBER into the gimbal/thrust limiter/deploy range/fuel amount sliders in VAB and SPH (so you're telling me I can get 59 or 61 but not 60? WHY?)

2)  action group setup visible and configurable in flight and key presses give feedback of what the heck you just did (does 5 activate those engines or those engines?)

maybe this is something for ksp 2 but i would like to see stuff like sandlike surfaces that have the properties of lose dirt .  gliding over the surface of the mun with tiny rollerblade wheels at 50 m/s just doesn't feel right to me. :) (i know it's just a game)

maybe a campaign mode with some ai competition would also be nice.

On 5/11/2017 at 8:59 PM, captainb said:

ability to TYPE A NUMBER into the gimbal/thrust limiter/deploy range/fuel amount sliders in VAB and SPH

This for ALL sliders like those. The slider inaccuracies (can't think of a better word for this case) are my biggest gripe for the tweakables in the editors.

We need a beauty overhaul.

i think we should add clouds (for once:/) maybe enhance the surface so it looks better (mun looks bad in stock and so do others...)

and even have realistic atmosphere(or at least an ok one)

They should also make the sun look better. It looks bad in stock. :)

Edited by Shadow Wolf56

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.