What would you like to see added to KSP?

Yes broken record here....

But time should keep slipping into the future. As a start but other time mechanics would be good as well, even if they have been basically completely ruled out.  I'd rather see paradoxical separate time lines for missions so we can plan by play and still have the tycoon challenge be challenging.  

On 5/8/2017 at 7:19 AM, DarkOwl57 said:

So the title speaks for itself. Want new parts? Want more facilities? Want..... Something that I can't think of because it's a Monday? Put it here!

I'd like to see more rover parts. As well as maybe a better way to test rovers. (Maybe a track?) 

What I do want to see is not in Kerbal Space Program PC, but for the Xbox Kerbal Space Program. This is more of a question. Is there a development of mods for Xbox? And if not, will there be?

On 5/8/2017 at 9:51 AM, DarkOwl57 said:

Or like you fly the mission once, the AI tracks what you do, and then it says "Okay, so this is what I have to do from now on" And just replicates your moves? 

As someone one said, "There's a mod for that". But this is probably to add into stock isn't it.

On 5/8/2017 at 9:40 AM, tater said:

3. Some kerbal autonomy in 2 forms:---the ability for kerbals to do stuff themselves on EVA. Walk (or float on a tether in space), doing stuff vaguely appropriate to their specialty (collect samples, examine the craft, and the pilots

See above

5 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

As someone one said, "There's a mod for that". But this is probably to add into stock isn't it.

See above

There's a mod where kerbals EVA as NPCs out of focus?

Am I the only one who wants more aircraft parts? More specifically 'large' or what I like to call 'Rokomax' size parts. The old Mk3s used to be this, but they werent very circular, or adabtable. I mean, theres just a huge gap in aircraft parts between the Mk2 and Mk3, and there arent any aircraft parts for that size yet sooooooo...

I'd like to see wind physics on ships and aircraft's. I actually technically experienced a wind/storm physic in KSP yesterday when I landed at the North Pole, I know there is this bug where you keep stalling and drifting if flying too close to the central point of the North Pole, but it felt like a very strong blizzard hit me since I had a very hard time landing the aircraft in a straight line with my huge heavy transport aircraft.

Another thing I'd love to see is clouds and dust storms in planets like Duna. Yes I know there is the scatterer mod but still.

And finally but not least, seasons. In summer it'd be hot in the KSC side of the planet and in winter it would be cold or colder.

I'm really very happy with what I've got in KSP 1.2 (didn't upgrade to 1.3 - don't want to risk damaging my current career game), so if it was never improved again I wouldn't complain.

However in a different thread someone said how they would like what can be seen of the other planets and moons in the Kerbol system being restricted to grainy and out of focus "telescopic images" until they had been explored using probes, etc.  If this was to ever happen, which does sound like an awful lot of fun, then I would also like to see cameras being added to science so our probes could send back images of what they see.

For some reason I always imagine these "photos" coming back to Mission Control in form of them being printed line by line from the top of the monitor to the bottom, a bit like how I suspect they would have been received back in the 60's when the USSR and NASA were doing this sort of thing.

As I've said just a few moments ago though, I think we already have a really fantastic game and can't put into words just how much enjoyment I'm getting out of it, especially now as I've finally figured out how to get more rockets into orbit, instead of blowing up mid-flight and showering down like confetti all over the good planet Kerbin.

Edited by The Flying Kerbal

Well for me theres a whole mess of things - here's my complete list. Pretty much suggestions for parts, I'd love to see structural parts get some love, things like procedural triangular panels. Plus having more cockpit functionality (the MFDs on the larger cockpits) as well as things like interiors where you can walk around. I would welcome a new solar system and atmospheric effects (providing there was a proper editor/options for it).

What would I like to see added to KSP? In a word - immersion. Which is a bit of a nebulous concept so let me give some examples of things I'd like to add to improve immersion. Usual caveat applies to any of these suggestions that can be implemented through existing mods - I don't care and would like to see them in the stock game anyway.

1. Sound design. Long due for an overhaul. If I'm launching a rocket I want it to sound like a rocket rather than a toddler blowing an extended raspberry. If I'm in space then no sounds please unless I'm flying in IVA mode. Then let's have some decent background noises - coolant pumps, fans, RCS thrusters firing etc. Bonus points if those thrusters sound louder from inside a Mk1 lander can than a Mk1-2 capsule.

2. Launch effects. RealPlumes or something similar please. Stock SRBs aren't too bad but the current stock graphics for liquid fuelled engines are massively underwhelming. The Mainsail allegedly has enough power to rival small nations - it sure doesn't look like it.

3. Contracts. Let me put faces to names here. What does the CEO of Rockomax actually look like? It would be nice to have  Civ style talking heads for the various companies. Also - lets have some background info on these companies, even if that's only cosmetic. Better yet make that info easily moddable (including an option to delete them) for those that get bent out of shape by the mere mention of 'story' in-game.

4. Accepting that KSP is unlikely to ever have an official background story, at least give us the tools to create our own. Give us Final Frontier style service logs for our kerbonauts. Have the Companies actually react to what we do in-game. If I muck up a string of contracts for Rockomax, let's have that talking head CEO I mentioned above, get more and more grumpy. If I fail a contract for one of the smaller companies, maybe they go bust. 

5. If I'm running Kerbin's first space program (which I clearly am because I'm racking up a string of world firsts) then what were all these companies doing before I came along? Why not have companies spawn (for want of a better word) and grow, depending on how I run my space program. Give them some history and update that history depending on what I do.

Maybe Probodobodyne start off as two telecoms engineers working for another company. Inspired by your first Duna probe, they decide they want to found their own satellite company. Probodobodyne then spawns as a contract provider and starts offering satellite related contracts. Bonus points if those contracts happen in any sort of logical progression. Maybe the Comsat market has been largely cornered by another company, so Probodobodyne decide to contract you to set up their spiffy Munar mapping cluster. Then they progress to offering you targeted landing missions to drop their ore detecting landers at strategic spots. Assuming you choose to do that for them, they team up with another company to build mining facilities - and start offering appropriate contracts for those.

TL: DR - make me believe there's more to Kerbin than a field, a handful of buildings and a string of random requests from Gene.

I want to see physics added that could make for some really cool KSp mission reports/ image stories. Like giving Kerbals actual inertia, as they have the mass of a midget, but the drag of a boat. So you can't walk around on moving ships, and the wings of planes. Like I just made an "airbase" which is a runway flying in the air. It is a cool design, and planes can dock(bless you KAS) and kerbals can transfer, but they can't walk around on the plane and maintenance the planes with KIS/KÄS STUFF

I'd like to have these features:

Optional Dv/TWR readouts with customizable settings.

Procedural Terrain Decorations. (in small scale) - seamless; grass, rocks, etc)

Per-planet/biome effects. (Dirt particles on impact, walking/sprinting/(wheel)rolling/dragging, etc.)

Much more readable & interactive actions for ISRU.

Also, tiny objects to feel the scale.

Edited by Reusables

PROCEDURAL GENERATE WORLD - Outerra or similar.

I created a topic out of this.

Check out this to understand.

https://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3062.0

http://www.outerra.com/

A recording system that would allow me to review the entire mission from different aspects without the need to worry about piloting. Also a bunch of tools to help create nice videos.

What I'd really like to see is 1.875m parts. That way the boosters would look right on shuttles, we could have correct layer- caking on Saturn replicas, 2 kerbal "gemini" capsules (good for early career without resorting to probe cores), 2 kerbal landers, etc.

I know "there are mods for this", but I believe it should be stock.

Best,
-Slashy

1 hour ago, GoSlash27 said:

What I'd really like to see is 1.875m parts. That way the boosters would look right on shuttles, we could have correct layer- caking on Saturn replicas, 2 kerbal "gemini" capsules (good for early career without resorting to probe cores), 2 kerbal landers, etc.

I know "there are mods for this", but I believe it should be stock.

Best,
-Slashy

@GoSlash27 i never would have thought you were a man that would find aesthetics important for its crafts.

most of your designs excel in efficiency and minimalism.

i hope i didn't offend you in any way cause your designs usally rock!:)

Edited by xendelaar

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:46 AM, KSK said:

3. Contracts. Let me put faces to names here. What does the CEO of Rockomax actually look like? It would be nice to have  Civ style talking heads for the various companies. Also - lets have some background info on these companies, even if that's only cosmetic. Better yet make that info easily moddable (including an option to delete them) for those that get bent out of shape by the mere mention of 'story' in-game.

if you click the logo for the company offering you the contract, it will tell you a few things about them, some have things like "get this done yesterday" or a basic description

it MIGHT be Contract Configurator, but I haven't checked

I would love it if Squad did as Paradox does, and just add a few of the more essential mods as base game functions. Kerbal Alarm Clock is so essential when you first learn the game to understand interplanet transfers, i can never understand why it hasn't been made stock years ago.

Weather. Hands down. That with the EVE Mod would be awesome. Imagine having to fly in rainy weather, or flying your rocket and being struck by lightning. I also Kind of want Gas Giant 2. That would be cool.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.