What would you like to see added to KSP?

Less paperwork and moar explosions!!!

ducks under trinitrotoluene barrel...

On 7/7/2017 at 3:03 PM, KerBlitz Kerman said:

Better contracts or mods that auto install or...

a forum access inside of KSP?

Check the link in my Signature for the better Kontract Movement...

There's very little I bother to want to see added to stock for reasons both obvious and not... That said...

I'd mainly like to see native support for multiple stars-- not for myself but for Kopernicus and, therefore, every planet-altering mod and modder out there. All Squad has to put out there is Proxima Centauri  and maybe a dummy planet, and let the community do the rest.

Selfishly, though, :P I'd like some much needed fixes and additions to the resource system: 

• Variance/variability in abundance and altitude of atmospheric resources. It's pretty static where everything is proportional to atmosphere density. And I resent the fact that the upper half of every atmosphere is resource-less and useless except for aerobraking. The implementation here can be identical to that of exospheric resources but with the altitude center expressed as a percentage.
  • Ability to put immense resource bands around Sun and any other stars. This would enable proper operation of the likes of bussard scoops, and make proximity to the star both important and realistic. Attempting this now would lead to an incredible bug.
  • A solution to the broken atmosphere harvester system. These things are said to now need to be moving in order to work, which is very wrong.
Edited by JadeOfMaar

I think there should be a Kerbal Named Kike Pence that touches all your flight hardware and will reduce science yields.

Also, The Jool system is not representative of the outer solar system. There needs to be an ice-giant planet. Also, as a devout "Pluto-Hater" I want Squad to make a bunch of KBO objects, and name one Brown, and the other Tyson.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:48 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

I'd mainly like to see native support for multiple stars-- not for myself but for Kopernicus and, therefore, every planet-altering mod and modder out there. All Squad has to put out there is Proxima Centauri  and maybe a dummy planet, and let the community do the rest.

you can get rid of the multiple star problem by creating a black hole that all the stars orbit around.

Just now, razark said:

Adding a "k" to the beginning of everything is sometimes not the best idea.

OK, didn't know that . . .     Just trying to Kerbalize Pence, wasn't trying to offend anybody.

I now know that you should never trust the loading hint "Adding K to every word".

I'd like to see just a few small things -

• I'd like to see the original KSC turned into something workable - or at least a runway and hangars like the island airfield.
  • I'd like to see a stock harbor - vehicle spawn point near the coastline of the KSC.
  • I'd like to see some of the stock parts revamped to look better. With recent stock parts additions, some of the older parts are just butt (as in tank butt) ugly!

7 minutes ago, razark said:

Adding a "k" to the beginning of everything is sometimes not the best idea.

^^ Yes, this... I also think that changing random letters in words to "K" is also not the best idea...

Edited by adsii1970

10 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

^^ Yes, this... I also think that changing random letters in words to "K" is also not the best idea...

The letter was the first letter of the word, not random. I was just trying to make fun on the Vice President and imagine him Kerbalized. Sometimes Irony can slap you in the face.

Edited by UranianBlue
typo

1 hour ago, UranianBlue said:

I think there should be a Kerbal Named Kike Pence that touches all your flight hardware and will reduce science yields.

Hey..

1 hour ago, UranianBlue said:

The letter was the first letter of the word, not random. I was just trying to make fun on the Vice President and imagine him Kerbalized. Sometimes Irony can slap you in the face.

HEY!! *Glances at mods* NO POLITICAL CONTENT! Now remove it because I don't want this turning into a political flamewar.

49 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

NO POLITICAL CONTENT! Now remove it because I don't want this turning into a political flamewar.

There was no political content.  A well known person did something, and UranianBlue made a reference to it. 

He does happen to be well known because of politics, but this reference had nothing to do with any sort of public policy or the man's views.

Talking about JFK inciting the Apollo Program would be more political than the post in question, since it's based on actual policies.

2 hours ago, UranianBlue said:

You'd be surprised what I've seen "Kerbalized" on the forum. A while back ago, somebody change Chewbacca to Chewbakka. I've also seen other letters besides "C" changed to K... and that was what I was referring to.

56 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Hey..

HEY!! *Glances at mods* NO POLITICAL CONTENT! Now remove it because I don't want this turning into a political flamewar.

There is a big difference between science and politics. One is based in facts and the other is based in opinions. Mike Pence ACTUALLY TOUCED THE SPACE HARDWARE! It's also true that Mike Pence just doesn't agree with the majority of scientists today, especially on the environment . . . What I was suggesting is that there would be a Kerbal that would negatively affect some of your science yields while increasing funding. The magnitude may depend on what contracts you have selected, what strategies you are using, what parts you have on your rocket, etc . . Yes, I kerbalized his name and it, coincidentally, turned out to be an anti-Semitic slang word. The irony there is obvious, no matter which side of the political spectrum you sit on. Thank you @razark for pointing our my mistake. I will be more careful when kerbalizing words in the future.

Now that I think about it, the next update should contain a mod that occasionally causes parts to fail, because, lets be honest, rockets only break if they're poorly designed or if they are badly flown. In real life, they tend to do something called exploding, even if the design works often. Then, when the part fails, a picture should pop up on the screen that shows Mike Pence Kerbal touching the critical space hardware.

We should also have ridiculous mandatory contracts that say that Donald T. Kerman wants us to go to Duna by his second term at worst. Then, since the contract is impossible to accomplish in real life, you fail and loose lots of reputation and money.

The thing that KSP is lacking is politics. Politics plays a greater role in the space program than science. So, there should be random elections in the game, and various Kerbal administrations alter funding, contracts, and priorities, therefore making the game more realistic. Just my opinion as a member of the National Space Society.

1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Hey..

Face it man, politics has DEFINED the space program. Every administration changes what NASA's goals are; that's called politics.

13 hours ago, razark said:

There was no political content.  A well known person did something, and UranianBlue made a reference to it. 

He does happen to be well known because of politics, but this reference had nothing to do with any sort of public policy or the man's views.

Talking about JFK inciting the Apollo Program would be more political than the post in question, since it's based on actual policies.

13 hours ago, UranianBlue said:

There is a big difference between science and politics. One is based in facts and the other is based in opinions. Mike Pence ACTUALLY TOUCED THE SPACE HARDWARE! It's also true that Mike Pence just doesn't agree with the majority of scientists today, especially on the environment . . . What I was suggesting is that there would be a Kerbal that would negatively affect some of your science yields while increasing funding. The magnitude may depend on what contracts you have selected, what strategies you are using, what parts you have on your rocket, etc . . Yes, I kerbalized his name and it, coincidentally, turned out to be an anti-Semitic slang word. The irony there is obvious, no matter which side of the political spectrum you sit on. Thank you @razark for pointing our my mistake. I will be more careful when kerbalizing words in the future.

Now that I think about it, the next update should contain a mod that occasionally causes parts to fail, because, lets be honest, rockets only break if they're poorly designed or if they are badly flown. In real life, they tend to do something called exploding, even if the design works often. Then, when the part fails, a picture should pop up on the screen that shows Mike Pence Kerbal touching the critical space hardware.

We should also have ridiculous mandatory contracts that say that Donald T. Kerman wants us to go to Duna by his second term at worst. Then, since the contract is impossible to accomplish in real life, you fail and loose lots of reputation and money.

The thing that KSP is lacking is politics. Politics plays a greater role in the space program than science. So, there should be random elections in the game, and various Kerbal administrations alter funding, contracts, and priorities, therefore making the game more realistic. Just my opinion as a member of the National Space Society.

Face it man, politics has DEFINED the space program. Every administration changes what NASA's goals are; that's called politics.

The last post involving misiour Pence got locked within a day. Now cool it

13 hours ago, UranianBlue said:

FDA,SHFDNJKCSALUJNSJASMHNFKJ AMDS,HFNJWEKAMLSD,GBFWJHLEAM,SHFNJK,MDSAGHFNBADHJF,FJXHDBAHS,DMNFHVNBDHJFNMDA,B

Imagine this in the career mode:

#1:  You get money for successful space missions, lots of which is necessary for rockets capable of reaching the farthest planet in the solar system.

#2:  Once you have enough money to build a rocket capable of reaching the farthest planet and get to that planet, there are valuable elements to be mined from that planet.

#3:  Upon mining the elements from the planet, new technology utilizing those elements makes it possible to build ships that can reach other solar systems.

#4:  The new solar system has a variety of new elements or minerals which makes terraforming possible.  Space missions can be started from any terraformed and colonized planet.

#5:  Resources should be gained at a rate proportionate with how many planets you have terraformed and colonized.  Besides space missions, resources could also be spent on planetary defensive structures which will be necessary b/c - >>>>>

#6:  After a certain amount of time in this career mode has passed, a hostile Kerbal-esque race from another solar system attacks, destroying any insufficiently protected colonies created and ending the game if resources weren't managed properly.  Balancing your budget between military and exploration would be key.

#7:  If defenses are sufficient, the invaders will be destroyed and their ships/intergalactic travel techniques learned from.

#8:  Retaliation or peace could be achieved at this point, it's up to the player.  There could be many other races in the galaxy to be warred against or made allies with.

#9:  Either way, with intergalactic travel now much easier thanks to the intel gleaned from the defeated enemies, many more solar systems that were once way too far away can be reached.  Anything could be on those planets, think like in Star Trek 

The hard part has been done, hostile AI is easy.  Almost EVERY game developer has hostile AI, it should be a piece of cake for this development team.

8 hours ago, drew m said:

Imagine this in the career mode:

#1:  You get money for successful space missions, lots of which is necessary for rockets capable of reaching the farthest planet in the solar system.

#2:  Once you have enough money to build a rocket capable of reaching the farthest planet and get to that planet, there are valuable elements to be mined from that planet.

#3:  Upon mining the elements from the planet, new technology utilizing those elements makes it possible to build ships that can reach other solar systems.

#4:  The new solar system has a variety of new elements or minerals which makes terraforming possible.  Space missions can be started from any terraformed and colonized planet.

#5:  Resources should be gained at a rate proportionate with how many planets you have terraformed and colonized.  Besides space missions, resources could also be spent on planetary defensive structures which will be necessary b/c - >>>>>

#6:  After a certain amount of time in this career mode has passed, a hostile Kerbal-esque race from another solar system attacks, destroying any insufficiently protected colonies created and ending the game if resources weren't managed properly.  Balancing your budget between military and exploration would be key.

#7:  If defenses are sufficient, the invaders will be destroyed and their ships/intergalactic travel techniques learned from.

#8:  Retaliation or peace could be achieved at this point, it's up to the player.  There could be many other races in the galaxy to be warred against or made allies with.

#9:  Either way, with intergalactic travel now much easier thanks to the intel gleaned from the defeated enemies, many more solar systems that were once way too far away can be reached.  Anything could be on those planets, think like in Star Trek 

The hard part has been done, hostile AI is easy.  Almost EVERY game developer has hostile AI, it should be a piece of cake for this development team.

No to just about all of this. Ksp is not a fighting game at heart (according to its creators and current devs), if you want to fight, use mods. Actually, since you think AI is easy, why don't you write a mod for it? 

On 7/27/2017 at 8:21 AM, TheRagingIrishman said:

No to just about all of this. Ksp is not a fighting game at heart (according to its creators and current devs), if you want to fight, use mods. Actually, since you think AI is easy, why don't you write a mod for it? 

It wouldn't replace what's here, so what would it hurt?  If such a mode were added to the game, popularity would sky rocket and you know it.  Elements of KSP + Civilization + Starcraft + Star Trek would make the best game ever.  Someone else will do it after the copyrights to this thing have expired.

EDIT:  I don't think you know what a fighting game is.  Civilization and Starcraft aren't fighting games.  It's about resource management and strategy and would add a great layer of depth to this game.

Edited by drew m

Just now, KerBlitz Kerman said:

Fake G-s... just strap your Kerbal onto a high speed Jet... I have killed dozens... the gravity of the situation was to much for them to bear...

:D

No, I am talking more on the range of artificial planets... I am already tinkering around with ring stations that I can land on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.