Posted (edited)

Alright, so I just saw your response, @MiffedStarfish- but in the time it took for me to see it, I already made one :v

4xFKFcQ.png

It works, but isn't nearly as good as what Rockwell intended due to various reasons. Does VTOL takeoff/land though, and can get *close* to the Mach wall, but not cross it.

W7ZW8GZ.png
0sM5h73.png

Here's a download link anyways just to share.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2qxc2spmmwynzb/Rockwell XFV-12.craft?dl=0

Also, if the XFV-12's not available/has been done already, what might be an aircraft I could attempt to make and submit?

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

5 hours ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

Also, if the XFV-12's not available/has been done already, what might be an aircraft I could attempt to make and submit?

Boeing's X-32 JSF hasn't been picked up by anyone yet. It's up in six (first flew September 2000). Plus, it's the happiest plane you'll ever see.

USAF X32B 250.jpg

12 hours ago, Servo said:

Boeing's X-32 JSF hasn't been picked up by anyone yet. It's up in six (first flew September 2000). Plus, it's the happiest plane you'll ever see.

USAF X32B 250.jpg

Alrighty, I'll get right on it! Shouldn't take too long, especially since it's a somewhat more traditional wingform to work with than the XFV-12.

Heheheheheheheheheh...

tjPryX3.png

Intake shape wasn't the easiest to make while keeping it relatively streamlined, but I think I got it.

dIdHQu8.png

It's most definitely a pudgy 'ol JSF prototype, for sure.

riFSpV5.png

12 hours ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

-snip-

Nice! I feel the front air intake could be angled up a bit more to help it look more like the actual thing.