Precision landing tutorial

I've managed to work out a fairly decent technique for making precision landings on airless bodies in KSP so I thought I'd make a video explaining how I do it. Hopefully this will be of some help to people having trouble with this part of the game. This is my first time making a gameplay video of anything and I stumble over my words in a few places but I think that overall it turned out okay. Using vid.me since YouTube's been doing some pretty crappy things lately and I figured it would be best to just stay away from that platform. I'm not sure if this will embed, but if it doesn't just click the link.

https://vid.me/6st7

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but... the Mun doesn't spin like other planets or moons. (I think) So you might want to try on Minmus or something. Because, at least in my experience, if I line up make maneuver node to take me head on into the centre of a crater, I will still be heading for the centre of that crater after a few minutes of suborbital flight.

The Mun does rotate, it just does it more slowly than other bodies (so that its rotation speed matches up with its orbital speed.) I don't have a sure-fire way to account for rotation when setting up the manoeuvre nodes (basically you just get a "feel" for the body's rotation, try to compensate as best you can and make adjustments as you get closer) but once you're done with the nodes and on your final approach setting the navball to Surface mode will cause the speed and prograde/retrograde indicators to take the body's rotation into account, so you can still use the techniques outlined in this video to land.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.