KSP display is too large. [SOLVED]

Okay. This is weird. I have an iMac, with a 5120 x 2880 resolution display. KSP has always looked normal on my screen, but today it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 10.49.57 AM

This is very squished and low res for my computer. 

It used to look like this:

Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 3.40.37 PM copy

As you can see, a LOT larger. 

Any help?

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

6 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Okay. This is weird. I have an iMac, with a 5120 x 2880 resolution display. KSP has always looked normal on my screen, but today it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 10.49.57 AM

This is very squished and low res for my computer. 

It used to look like this:

Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 3.40.37 PM copy

As you can see, a LOT larger. 

Any help?

Sorry I can't help but....

NYAN CAT!!! (April Fools)

For what I know, the operating system may force a low but safe screen resolution when the one required by an application isn't supported (something alike a control panel should list all supported resolutions with your display).

KSP stores the resolution in the settings.cfg (lines "SCREEN_RESOLUTION_WIDTH = " and "SCREEN_RESOLUTION_HEIGHT = "). Of course those can be changed via the settings (Graphics) in game, but better check what really is stored. It should also work directly editing those two lines with values supported by your display.

Therefore, check what the values stored are; if they don't both match one of the supported resolutions, change them to one supported you like. Maybe do some experiments with lower resolution first, I've heard of some crazy high resolution being working in KSP but can't tell if the one you wish would. Also, did you change any other graphical settings before having this issue? Not having a Mac can't tell, but could be possible not all combinations of settings like V-sync or Frame Limit work at such resolution (Frame Limit in particular, its frequency by Width by Height by 4 defines the number of bytes your GFX must send to the display each second, with a Frame Limit = 120 that would amount to ~7.1 GB/s which is pretty high and may not be supported).

do you not have a resolution select in your settings, adjust that back to normal would be my first suggestion, if now then copy your saves folder and mods if you have any, from inside the application and delete\reinstall it, and put them back into it.

there does appear to be a mod issue in the loading screen, not that it is causing this but,

I would verify the local files,(thru steam) as corrupt files do happen,assuming the system is fine outside of kerbal land and if that doesn't help then i would remove all mods and start with a "gamedata/squad" only setup and then verify your resolution's good again (if that resets the screen res)adding mods back .

hope this helps

Jammer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.