The New Colonial Alliance

The-Doctor

41 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

sorry to burst your buble but EM drive propulsion is not infinite, it requites power, which requires resource.

The Antimatter Collector part can make Antimatter for power.

2 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

The Antimatter Collector part can make Antimatter for power.

Antimatter collector? Idk it had one, I should look into it

The atmospheric pressure of Proxima B is a nuisance, it's really high, I attempted travelling to the sea and the pressure was so high I barely moved. I think any colony set up there would have to be at the highest latitudes. The ships design is pretty much finalized, we just need the other stuff to be updated and then the manufacturers to get their stuff built and we'll be ready to go. I think it would be best to send all ships to proxima b, since it will take likely 100 to 500 years to reach there, depending on what RSS does in slowing down the ship due to the increased size of the gravity wells. 

Got the Dart's design done! 

The EM Drive provides constant thrust. We can do a trajectory where we accelerate for the first half of the cruise, and then decelerate for the last half. Even with the EM Drive's low thrust, we can achieve a significant fraction of the speed of light. 

The antimatter reactor has enough antimatter in the tanks for a hundred thousand years (I went waaay overkill). With the collector, we'll never run dry!

Edited by KAL 9000

So, I'm presently engaged in training exercises for the construction part of our operations on Mun and Minmus. My question is: will any mining and refining/production of parts on-site occur? Or are we carting all our parts along pre-made?

Never mind, didn't remember

Edited by ElJugador

16 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

Got the Dart's design done! 

The EM Drive provides constant thrust. We can do a trajectory where we accelerate for the first half of the cruise, and then decelerate for the last half. Even with the EM Drive's low thrust, we can achieve a significant fraction of the speed of light. 

The antimatter reactor is has enough antimatter in the tanks for a hundred thousand years (I went waaay overkill). With the collector, we'll never run dry!

EM Drive? Uhh, the kerbstien drive is the propulsion system we're using, EM drive is too unrealistic/hypothetical for the mission

9 hours ago, ElJugador said:

So, I'm presently engaged in training exercises for the construction part of our operations on Mun and Minmus. My question is: will any mining and refining/production of parts on-site occur? Or are we carting all our parts along pre-made?

Never mind, didn't remember

You're focused on mining or on practicing base building with keridian dynamics? I really hope you are, good work

On 5/11/2017 at 1:08 AM, nestor_d said:

Hey man, how's things going?? Can you send me a private message here on the forum so I can give you my personal facebook account name so we can talk? My old account was removed

6 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

EM Drive? Uhh, the kerbstien drive is the propulsion system we're using, EM drive is too unrealistic/hypothetical for the mission

No, the EM Drive is for the Dart probe.

7 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

No, the EM Drive is for the Dart probe.

Use the Kerbstien drive, I hope the EM Drive works but we don't know yet, putting it on the mission feels like using infinite fuel and sorta feels like cheating

2 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

Use the Kerbstien drive, I hope the EM Drive works but we don't know yet, putting it on the mission feels like using infinite fuel and sorta feels like cheating

*Switches to Kerbstein*

*Adds a crapton of LithiumDeuteride* 

*Looks at KER

0.5%c... 0.5%c... 0.5%c... 

I WENT FROM ∞ TO 0.5%C! COME ON!

1 hour ago, KAL 9000 said:

*Switches to Kerbstein*

*Adds a crapton of LithiumDeuteride* 

*Looks at KER

0.5%c... 0.5%c... 0.5%c... 

I WENT FROM ∞ TO 0.5%C! COME ON!

That's what happens when you switch from "magic" to "slightly plausible magic".

0.5c is still more than I can do with the mother ship a LOT more, I barely breach 0.1c without using too much fuel, I haven't yet tested the 2 tank variation, I'll put it on and leave it for the day, if I get to 0.5c using all the fuel, I'll know about 40% of the fuel will get me about 0.25c or so, which is beyond good enough. 

5 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

0.5c is still more than I can do with the mother ship a LOT more, I barely breach 0.1c without using too much fuel, I haven't yet tested the 2 tank variation, I'll put it on and leave it for the day, if I get to 0.5c using all the fuel, I'll know about 40% of the fuel will get me about 0.25c or so, which is beyond good enough. 

No, 0.5%c. As in, 0.005c.

2 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

Increase the fuel tank and engine size, decrease the probe size. 

You want me to remove the resource scanners, radar altimetry terrain mappers, biome scanners, magnetometer, orbital science equipment, and most importantly the Mystery Goo? NO, SIR! Fine, much larger tanks it is.

4 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

You want me to remove the resource scanners, radar altimetry terrain mappers, biome scanners, magnetometer, orbital science equipment, and most importantly the Mystery Goo? NO, SIR! Fine, much larger tanks it is.

Have an engine size that is 20x, with a gigantic fuel tank or 2

-The First Landing-

TheDoctor strapped himself into the cockpit of the SSTO, and pushed the powerup button. His fingers prepared to type in commands at the terminal. There was the sound of the computer starting up. 

Booting... 100% 

Bootup complete! Preparing systems check on N7 Aerospace SSTO Type D... 

Thank you for choosing N7 Aerospace. Beginning systems check... 

Structural Integrity: 100% 

Heat Shielding: Intact  

Hull Breaches Detected: 0 

Mainframe Computer: Online 

Autopilot (AR202 MechJeb personality construct): Online 

Renewable Carbon Dioxide Scrubbers: Online 

Internal Heater: Online 

Internal AC: Online 

Thermostat Internal Temperature Controller: Online 

Toilet and Water Reclaimer: Online, Online 

Snack Pantry: Online, Filled 

Water Tank: 100% 

Oxygenator: Online 

Batteries: Online, 100% Charged 

Docking Port: Online, Extended, Connected 

Deuterium: 0% 

Tritium: 0% 

Helium-4: 0%

Deuterium-Tritium Fusion Reactor: Online, Shutdown (relying on external power) 

Charged Particles Electric Generator: Online 

Inline Radiators: Online 

Cargo Bay: Online, Closed 

Crew Cabins: Online 

Monopropellant: 0% 

Atmospheric Intakes: Online, Closed 

Liquid Hydrogen: 0% 

RCS Thrusters: Online, Shutdown 

Thermal Turbojet: Online, Liquid Hydrogen Mode, Shutdown 

Misc. Systems: Online 

Systems check complete! All systems online. 

WARNING: Fuel Empty 

Console: Initiate Fuel Transfer 

Fuel Transferred! 

Console: Seal Docking Port Bulkheads 

Sealed! 

Console: Undock Docking Port 

Undocked! WARNING: Power Low! 

Console: Switch To Internal Power, Fusion Reactor On 

Power levels stabilized! 

Console: Switch From Autopilot To Manual Control 

Manual Control activated! 

The SSTO entered the atmosphere of Proxima b. Plasma enveloped the craft, slowing it to Mach 3. TheDoctor gripped the controls tightly as the plasma disappeared, to be replaced by the normal atmosphere. Expertly piloting the craft, he brought it down to a hundred m/s, touching down on a flat strip of land and deploying the airbrakes. 

As it slowed to a stop, he shut off the engines and radioed a message back to the ARC Destiny. 

"Destiny, this is N7-D18. Touchdown confirmed." 

The bridge of the ARC Destiny erupted in cheers.

Edited by KAL 9000

I'm sorry about my previous inactivity, I was utterly caught up in a lot of schoolwork but I managed. I should have a few equipment proposals for you in the coming days. Any specific requirements I should look into designing for?

This is Genesis Corp, the planet wide effort to colonize space chock full of kerbals, here is our latest product.

Here is a interplanetary crew transporter. Its nothing on the size that you have been building, but we think its pretty impressive.

c6rSAU6.png

It can hold up to 320 crew members and has a massive amount of delta-v. It will get to the star you want, then you can use it for interplanetary crew transfers in that star system. It uses a Daelalus engine and as you can see, a few massive fuel tanks. It accelerates at a comfortable 0.5g and has a massive reaction wheel in the rear so it can change orientation somewhat quickly at 4-times physics warp.

GgLiRJc.png

Yes, those are Mk3 passenger cabins. And yes, I didn't scale them down. This vessel uses TAC life support and has a probe which will deliver the transport to the star you want. It has a 7.5 meter docking port on the front, but it is a Space-Y docking port so I don't know if scaled up regular docking ports would work. 

neW33jP.png

This pic has all the necessary stats on it, you can see it has 4,500,000 m/s. If it needs more I think I can give it to her. It's christened Emma, after the Genesis Corp's administrator's mother. She fainted once we presented it to her. 

Enough small talk, We hope this will help the colonization effort, and the product can change, if you so wished.

Here is the present download from KerbalX: https://kerbalx.com/crafts/29725/edit

Edited by Alpha 360