How do I interpret Kerbnet functions?

Hello again fellow Kerbals.  I have a rover that I have been testing around the KSC and I have been trying to learn how to use the Kernet aboard my Rovemate.  I have located a "?" mark on the Kerbnet that when I am on top of it just happens to sit right in the middle of my crawlerway.  My questions are: 1.  How do I interpret this map?  2.  How do I figure out what the question mark is?  3.  What can I do with this info?  Here is a picture:

hpioseD.png

Edited by Ncog Nito
Put questions before picture, because no one was responding.

The question mark shows you anomalies (Eastereggs and stuff like that). I am not aware of an anomaly on the crawlway, but your picture shows your are not quite there yet (it could be the black obelisk that is visible just north of the KSC).

15 minutes ago, egoego said:

The question mark shows you anomalies (Eastereggs and stuff like that). I am not aware of an anomaly on the crawlway, but your picture shows your are not quite there yet (it could be the black obelisk that is visible just north of the KSC).

I rolled over it while on the crawlerway.  I just didn't backup before I did the screenshot. 

I have seen other people saying that the question mark anomalies are very innacurate. They are supposed to be the easter eggs, and that question mark is probably the black monolith just north of KSC, like egoego said.

I personally have noticed the inaccuracy when trying to find the anomalies on Minmus, as it always was a very far distance away. Generally, you should look around the spot it says the easter egg is at, and hope to find it.

The anomaly detector is intentionally inaccurate by up to a couple kilometers max. Yes, that is the KSC monolith that you are detecting.

The top of the KerbNet screen is the direction you are heading, in surface coordinates.

The edge-to-edge mapped distance depends on your altitude, and FoV.

All landed vessels are assumed to be at an altitude of a few meters above the surface.

You can't do anything with the KSC monolith. But every other ? anomaly that you detect will get you funds (and rarely a tech unlock) if you get within a kilometer of it. And the anomalies themselves are generally really cute and worth visiting.

When you are flying over anomalies with KerbNet turned on, set a waypoint on the anomaly so that you can come back and find it again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.