[1.3.1] Landing aiming. 10.feb.2018

DennyTX

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@DennyTX

Great mod, if it gets on CKAN I'll be making it a recommended mod for some of my mods

Two things:

First the link you have send people directly to the download, bypassing the mod page, so people can't get on the notification list for updates.  You should update the OP with this:

https://spacedock.info/mod/1365/Landing AIM

Second, while I see that you did check off the CKAN box when uploading, it never got in (never even got submitted). Would you like me to add it for you?

Many thanks. Link fixed.

Sure, i want it on CKAN. (Seems i have checked CKAN box when published this on spacedock, but seems like something strange has happens, previous mods has been caught by CKAN automatically). I will be thankfull

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, it will be there in a few minutes.

One suggestion, would be to add a toolbar button for it instead of right-clicking the part.  The button would activate/deactivate it on the active craft.  This would also remove the MM dependency

this was in test version ;), with its own window with some more settings (color, quatinty of points etc), but beta-testers have asked me to simplify and move trigger to RightMouseClick. Also, i have had an idea with upgrade ladder for career (firstly works on small, next - middle, lastly orbital ranges). In addition, someone asked to show slope and time till impact at the hit point....

btw, i can revert it if community want.

2 minutes ago, DennyTX said:

this was in test version ;), with its own window with some more settings (color, quatinty of points etc), but beta-testers have asked me to simplify and move trigger to RightMouseClick. Also, i have had an idea with upgrade ladder for career (firstly works on small, next - middle, lastly orbital ranges). In addition, someone asked to show slope and time till impact at the hit point....

btw, i can revert it if community want.

I'm just concerned that there are too many things to right-click

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm just concerned that there are too many things to right-click

second that, a toolbar button would be awesome (instead of the right click)

Edited by Blackline

On 11.5.2017 at 0:33 PM, DennyTX said:

Ages ago i saw a mod, allowing to see trajectory's prediction in flight scene. But it has been lost.  

Now - it back. Just displays trajectory predictions. Partless, ON/OFF and nothing more. (adds itself with the help of MM-patch to each unit with ModuleCommand). This mod is designed to help with a more accurate landing. If activated in the flight scene, it will draw the trajectory and predict the point of contact.

But... but why not integrate it into trajectories? :( I take pull requests, you know.

Also, I can't even seem to get the Icon to show up. Tried both the release from SpaceDock and to compile it myself, and on 2 computers and a total of 3 different installs.

DLL seems to be loaded, can even set a breakpoint in FixedUpdate(), but IsLandingAid never turns true.

Maybe has something to do with this exception:

[ERR 23:03:20.664] NameToLayer is not allowed to be called from a MonoBehaviour constructor (or instance field initializer), call it in Awake or Start instead. Called from MonoBehaviour 'LandingAim' on game object 'cupola'.
See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
	UnityEngine.LayerMask:GetMask(String[])
	LandingAim.LandingAim:.ctor()
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	Part:AddModule(String, Boolean)
	Part:AddModule(ConfigNode, Boolean)
	PartLoader:ParsePart(UrlConfig, ConfigNode)
	<CompileParts>c__Iterator62:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Is this Mod working for you guys? Am I just too stupid?

ps.: But seriously, I'd love it if you took a look into merging your code into Trajectories. We have a list of Surface-Relative coordinates for the calculated trajectory (including Aerodynamic forces!!) which you could use as a guide instead of the orbital trajectory.

Worst case, I'd probably steal your code if that's OK.

On 5/13/2017 at 5:11 PM, Kobymaru said:

Also, I can't even seem to get the Icon to show up. Tried both the release from SpaceDock and to compile it myself, and on 2 computers and a total of 3 different installs.

DLL seems to be loaded, can even set a breakpoint in FixedUpdate(), but IsLandingAid never turns true.

No  toolbar button with this, just a right-click on the active command part

Feature request: can you make a target relative mode (from a docking port), so I can see how the port moves relative to a space station and so I can move the trajectory 'into' the target docking port and just float?

2 hours ago, Kamik423 said:

Feature request: can you make a target relative mode (from a docking port), so I can see how the port moves relative to a space station and so I can move the trajectory 'into' the target docking port and just float?

Try this:   http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/160249-122-augmented-reality-ar-docking-revived-released/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 10:42 PM, MarlboroMan said:

What makes this mod so special that it gets pinned to the top of the forum, no disrespect but it's out of date and I can think of many other more worthy mods to go at the top.

The moderators liked it.  Every month they pick a few, and pin them for the month.  This month this thread was one - and it was up to date at the time it was pinned.

• 3 weeks later...

Does it work with 1.3? Not sure but i think Trajectories doesn't have the white cross which makes it insanely hard to predict where exactly you land.

I ll have to check it out though maybe there is a newer version.

Edited by Boyster

On 7/16/2017 at 10:32 AM, Boyster said:

Does it work with 1.3? Not sure but i think Trajectories doesn't have the white cross which makes it insanely hard to predict where exactly you land.

I ll have to check it out though maybe there is a newer version.

Trajectories did incorporate a crosshair. It's now toggle-able, so it may start out as "off".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.