[1.3.1] Landing aiming. 10.feb.2018

DennyTX

20 hours ago, DStaal said:

I've never found it...

12 hours ago, Blackline said:

Do you say that trajectories has a landing marker in-game (meaning not map mode)?

make sure you're looking at the latest version (1.6.8+)

Edited by Beetlecat

• 5 months later...

This is (or has been) integrated into Trajectories.

This is different than Trajectories.  Trajectories attempts to calculate landing from orbit, but that is very difficult.  For example, the same craft can have a huge difference in landing site depending on the angle of the craft as it enters the atmosphere (and I'm referring to non-winged vehicles).  So you use it as an estimate, but you still need to pilot it down.

This mod doesn't take anything into account other than  (I believe) gravity.  So it will be accurate only for short distances, the longer you have to fly horizontally(ie:  if you were at 20,000m at 500m/s), the less accurate it will be.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2017 at 6:51 AM, Blackline said:

Tried it yesterday, but it seems a bit glitchy. Thx for the advice tho!

Trajectories only shows a projection in map view. Any way to enable vessel view like this mod?

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Greetings.

I have asked for @DennyTX's permission to update / continue / adopt / release the above named wonderful mod.

I absolutely love this mod and really want others to enjoy it as well. It isn't Trajectories(which I love), and that is what I like about it. Small footprint and one single feature. I like it.

Hopefully I hear back from @DennyTX with an answer. In the case I don't hear back from @DennyTX, I intend to respectfully proceed as permitted by the individual licenses of this mod as soon as the end of March 2020.

I will provide recognition of original authors/maintainers; and I will gladly step aside should he ever want to continue this mod yourself.

Thank you kindly in advance!

LandingAim: license-CC%20BY--SA-green.svg 68747470733a2f2f6c6963656e7365627574746f

SpaceDock-listed-blue.svg Github-Indexed-blue.svg?style=plastic

https://github.com/DennyTX/Landing-Aim

https://spacedock.info/mod/1365

more when there is more.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

On 3/10/2019 at 8:24 AM, Def_por4 said:

Really cool mod! But unfortunately in career it can be a bit cheaty. Is it possible to  optionaly add into tech tree part switching-on landing aim?

It's possible, possibly.

This is great to hear @zer0Kerbal!

On 3/10/2019 at 1:24 PM, Def_por4 said:

Really cool mod! But unfortunately in career it can be a bit cheaty. Is it possible to  optionaly add into tech tree part switching-on landing aim?

I believe so, if isn't the real question; but rather how difficult.

I have the code from Biomatic - and it is in is own little file TechChecker.cs - and so it not only looks possible, but probable.

caveats:

1. still won't be a special part, unless somebody supplies the part and texture (would be a lower tech tree option)
  2. where in the techTree would you want it?
  3. where in @Nertea's CommunityTechTree would you like to see it?
1 hour ago, Probus said:

It's possible, possibly.

This is great to hear @zer0Kerbal!

:D

Edited by zer0Kerbal

On 3/19/2020 at 5:42 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

Greetings.

I have asked for @DennyTX's permission to update / continue / adopt / release the above named wonderful mod.

I absolutely love this mod and really want others to enjoy it as well. It isn't Trajectories(which I love), and that is what I like about it. Small footprint and one single feature. I like it.

Hopefully I hear back from @DennyTX with an answer. In the case I don't hear back from @DennyTX, I intend to respectfully proceed as permitted by the individual licenses of this mod as soon as the end of March 2020.

I will provide recognition of original authors/maintainers; and I will gladly step aside should he ever want to continue this mod yourself.

Thank you kindly in advance!

LandingAim: license-CC%20BY--SA-green.svg 68747470733a2f2f6c6963656e7365627574746f

SpaceDock-listed-blue.svg Github-Indexed-blue.svg?style=plastic

https://github.com/DennyTX/Landing-Aim

https://spacedock.info/mod/1365

more when there is more.

@DennyTX has given his blessing. More when there is more. Until then:

THIS.IS.PRE-RELEASE.
YOU.HAVE.BEEN.WARNED.

for KSP 1.7.3 - hasn't been tested on any other.

Spoiler

@zer0Kerbal zer0Kerbal released this 2020 Mar 12

the more tests, reports back the faster it will get released for 1.7.3/1.8.1/1.9.1 (sequentially)

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.