[1.4.2] Chatterer Extended - more kerbalized chatter for "Chatterer" [v0.6]

hoover2701

Chatterer Extended

This add-on for the formidable "Chatterer" mod by Athlonic will add more than 600 new kerbalized chatter-files for your hearing pleasure.
Obviously requires "Chatterer" to work.

"Chatterer" is one of my top favourite mods as it adds to the ambience in spades. I simply cannot play KSP without this mod. This is my way of saying thank you to @Athlonic for maintaining that mod and supporting it continously.

This little mod extension currently adds 625 new kerbalized chatter-files to "Chatterer".

Features:
- Apollo 10 (120 clips)
- Apollo 12 (45 clips)
- Apollo 13 (45 clips)
- Apollo 17 (70 clips)
- STS-51d (100 clips) including female chatter
- STS-61c (98 clips) including female chatter
- STS-63 (39 clips) including female chatter
- Expedition 18 (28 clips) female set only
- Expedition 51 (80 clips) including female chatter

The audio files used for creating the soundclips stem from the NASA Audio Archive. The STS61c, STS-63, Expedition 18 and Expedition 51 thankfully feature female transmissions so Valentina's soundclips from the original "Chatterer" get some much needed support.

Installation instructions:
- original "Chatterer" has to be installed
- unzip the contents of "Chatterer_Extended.zip"
- place the "Gamedata"-folder in your KSP-directory (this adds several new folders in the "Chatterer/Sounds/Chatter" folder)
- open "Chatterer" in game
- in the "Chatterer" settings tab enable "Show advanced options"
- open the "Chatter" tab, click on "Chatter Sets" and type "apollo10", then press "Load", repeat this step with the following chatter sets: "apollo12", "apollo13", "apollo17", "sts51d", "sts61c", "sts63", "expedition18" and "expedition51"
- enjoy more babble

7dr8ZCb.png

Dependencies:
- you need "Chatterer" obviously

Version history:
v0.6.2

- corrected version checker file for KSP 1.4.2
v0.6.1
- corrected version checker file for KSP 1.3
v0.6
- added Apollo 12 Chatterer files (45 clips)
- added Apollo 17 Chatterer files (70 clips)
v0.5
- added STS-51d Chatterer files (100 clips)
v0.4
- added Expedition 51 Chatterer files (80 clips)
v0.3
- replaced faulty "capcom_23.ogg" (Apollo 10)
- added more Apollo 10-chatter (now 120 clips)
- added STS-61c Chatterer files (98 clips)
v0.2.1
- added version checker file
v0.2
- added ISS Expedition 18 Chatterer files (28 clips) and Apollo 13 Chatterer files (45 clips)
v0.1
- Apollo 10 Chatterer files (66 clips), STS-63 Chatterer files (39 clips)

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Download:

Spacedock

Edited by hoover2701
update v0.6.2

I have had Chatterer since it came out and love the ambiance it provides. This add on is like putting tons of candy sprinkles on an already great ice cream cake!

Thanks for taking the time to put this together @hoover2701!

Downloaded from Spacedock and will have Jeb try out tonight. :) 

Will provide feedback if any.  Cheers!

4 minutes ago, Red Stapler said:

I have had Chatterer since it came out and love the ambiance it provides. This add on is like putting tons of candy sprinkles on an already great ice cream cake!

Thanks for taking the time to put this together @hoover2701!

Downloaded from Spacedock and will have Jeb try out tonight. :) 

Will provide feedback if any.  Cheers!

Thank you for the kind words!

I'd appreciate any kind of feedback! :D

10 minutes ago, hoover2701 said:

Thank you for the kind words!

I'd appreciate any kind of feedback! :D

For sure, my pleasure!

Hey, you should also see if you can get listed under the "Additional Sound Packs" section in the [1.2.2] Chatterer v.0.9.92....thread OP so this gets more visibility as it is a most worthy cause. :)

Between Chatterer, this add on and Sound Track Editor, my KSP ambiance will be awesome.  You should check out Sound Track Editor if you have not and want to edit the music KSP plays.  I have a bunch of great playlists downloaded for free from Kevin MacLeod's website.  

Edited by Red Stapler
more infos

1 hour ago, Red Stapler said:

For sure, my pleasure!

Hey, you should also see if you can get listed under the "Additional Sound Packs" section in the [1.2.2] Chatterer v.0.9.92....thread OP so this gets more visibility as it is a most worthy cause. :)

Between Chatterer, this add on and Sound Track Editor, my KSP ambiance will be awesome.  You should check out Sound Track Editor if you have not and want to edit the music KSP plays.  I have a bunch of great playlists downloaded for free from Kevin MacLeod's website.  

I have heard of Sound Track Editor but have yet to test it. Normally I just listen to my ambient playlist and turn the game music off.

@Athlonic will check my extension to his mod. So there is hope my little extension will appear on the first page of the Chatterer-thread. That would be a great honor as it is my favourite ambiance mod! :wink:

6 minutes ago, fourfa said:

https://spacedock.info/mod/1367/Chatterer Extended/

^^^^ it's worth putting the above link in the OP, as users can then Follow and get notifications about updates.  The link in the OP goes direct to download and skips the main page

Thank you for pointing this out. I changed the link to the main page of the mod.

2 hours ago, hoover2701 said:

Oh man, I was afraid of that question! :P To be honest I have never even bothered with that tool as a user (I use JSGME Mod Enabler since Silent Hunter 2 days). What would I have to do to publish this on CKAN?

I think LGG is asking if you'd like it up on CKAN -- or am I mistaken? :wink:

13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

CKAN?

@linuxgurugamer: Could you clear up what you mean by that? As I pointed out above I have no experience whatsoever with CKAN as I have always used JSGME Mod Enabler for KSP-modding needs. If however you want to integrate it on CKAN you're welcome to do as you see fit.Thank you in advance for a short answer.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, I'll get it added to CKAN for you.

Edit:  It's there

:blush: That was fast! Thank you very much! Is there something for myself to consider if I'll update my mod?

Edited by hoover2701

Updated this mod extension to v0.2. Added ISS Expedition 18 soundclips (28 files) and Apollo 13 soundclips (45 files). The Expedition 18 soundclips are used as female pilot chatter although in reality this was a female mission control operator (Cathy?). I think it fits quite well. I hope you like the additional files and appreciate every feedback I can get! :D

2 hours ago, hoover2701 said:

:blush: That was fast! Thank you very much! Is there something for myself to consider if I'll update my mod?

No, just keep your version numbers consistent.

I would suggest adding a .version file, would help both AVC and CKAN.

If you do, I would suggest using the AVC site to make it:  hhttp://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/?page=Home

and let me know if you do add it, I'll update the netkan info for it

Liking this a lot.  Its nice to have extra chatter.  There is at least one clip where it sounds like mission control talks over top of the the astronauts.  Could you clarify if this is the intended behavior ie. as a result of the "translation", or if there is an issue with separate audio clips not being spaced out correctly when played?

21 hours ago, hoover2701 said:

@Athlonic will check my extension to his mod. So there is hope my little extension will appear on the first page of the Chatterer-thread. That would be a great honor as it is my favourite ambiance mod! :wink:

Done :wink:

48 minutes ago, captainb said:

Liking this a lot.  Its nice to have extra chatter.  There is at least one clip where it sounds like mission control talks over top of the the astronauts.  Could you clarify if this is the intended behavior ie. as a result of the "translation", or if there is an issue with separate audio clips not being spaced out correctly when played?

Hmmm, you are right. I put this on my to-do-list for the next version. In case you want to delete the file, it is the file "capcom_23" in the "capcom" folder of the Apollo 10 soundfiles. Maybe I did something wrong when exporting the file to .ogg. Thanks for letting me know!

8 minutes ago, Athlonic said:

Done :wink:

Thank you very much! :D

19 hours ago, hoover2701 said:

@linuxgurugamer: Done. I hope I did everything correctly...

Looks good, except for the location of the file.

For your next version, put the file in the Chatterer directory, so that the AVC mod can see it, right now it won't get installed

For your next version I suggest using this web site:

https://jsonformatter.org/

to both check the format and "beatify" it for easier reading.

For example, this is what the KSP-AVC site generates:

{"NAME":"Chatterer Extended","URL":"http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/160545-122-chatterer-extended-more-kerbalized-chatter-for-chatterer-v02/","DOWNLOAD":"https://spacedock.info/mod/1367/Chatterer%20Extended","VERSION":{"MAJOR":0,"MINOR":2,"PATCH":1,"BUILD":0},"KSP_VERSION":{"MAJOR":1,"MINOR":2,"PATCH":2}}

and, using this web site:

{
  "NAME": "Chatterer Extended",
  "URL": "http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/160545-122-chatterer-extended-more-kerbalized-chatter-for-chatterer-v02/",
  "DOWNLOAD": "https://spacedock.info/mod/1367/Chatterer%20Extended",
  "VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 0,
    "MINOR": 2,
    "PATCH": 1,
    "BUILD": 0
  },
  "KSP_VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 2,
    "PATCH": 2
  }
}

I'll get the nextkan updated for you

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Chatterer Extended v0.3 is ready for download.

This is quite a massive update almost doubling the number of clips from the previous version.

First I replaced the faulty "capcom_23.ogg" from the Apollo 10 mission. While doing that I made some more Apollo 10 - soundclips (now 120 in total).

Finally, I recorded 98 soundclips from the Columbia mission STS-61c. This is a "complete" set with both male and female Kerbal-chatter.

Have fun! :cool:

19 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Looks good, except for the location of the file.

For your next version, put the file in the Chatterer directory, so that the AVC mod can see it, right now it won't get installed

For your next version I suggest using this web site:

https://jsonformatter.org/

to both check the format and "beatify" it for easier reading.

I'll get the nextkan updated for you

@linuxgurugamer: Thank you for your support. I "beautyfied" the version file according to your instructions and placed the version file in the Chatterer folder.

Edited by hoover2701

I just found a great soundclip on the NASA Archives! It's file no. 5 on this site. POTUS Trump speaking to the astronauts on the ISS, especially Peggy Whitson, the first woman astronaut to command the ISS. She also broke the record for most total days spent in space by any NASA astronaut. Trump congratulates her on achieving that. Anyway, this is a great source for more chatter for Chatterer Extended. Look forward to kerbalized Trump in Mission Control! :D

Chatterer Extended v0.4 is ready for download.

Source material for Expedition 51 soundclips originates once again from the NASA Archives. This time though, Mission Control is the POTUS himself. Read more about it here.

80 new Chatterer files for your hearing pleasure (including female chatter).

Edited by hoover2701

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.