Now it's over, I'm dead, and I haven't done anything that I want.

Whirligig Girl

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Hmmmm... ya know... it almost looks like Kerbol is turning into a red giant....

Is this the intro to a story? If so, I'm already intrigued.  :)

So I won't sit at home anymore, and you won't see my head in the window, and I won't be around every anymore and I'll be up there in the wall at the store.

I will never say the word procrastinate again, I'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed.

It's actually an advertisement for a mod that will eventually be made.

9 hours ago, Brent Kerman said:

Is that North Kerbin Dynamics, Kopernicus, Hyperedit shenanigans, or some mod I haven't heard of?

Unreleased Kopernicus mod of mine.

9 hours ago, Shadow Wolf56 said:

Um...

Ok...:/

I didn't apologize for when I was eight and I made my younger brother have to do whatever I say. Did a large procession wave their torches as my head fell in the basket, and was everybody dancing on the casket? Now it's over, I'm dead, and I haven't done anything that I want or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do.

The sun ain't no red dwarf, I hope it never morphs into some supernova'd collaps'd orb, no, no, no.

1 minute ago, GregroxMun said:

It's actually an advertisement for a mod that will eventually be made.

Oh, that's right.. you make planet packs!!!!  Oh, cool!  I look forward to a red giant system!!!  :D

2 hours ago, Physics Student said:

Is that a moon or a thermonuclear explosion?

A Sun. Well, a Dun. 'Cuz it's 'dun' being on the main sequence.

3 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

EVACUATE! 

GET TO A NEW SOLAR SYSTEM! 

NAO!

As a matter of fact, that's a big part of the plan. There will be a red dwarf system passing by the Dun system: the goal is to use this as an opportunity to escape from the system.

10 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

A Sun. Well, a Dun. 'Cuz it's 'dun' being on the main sequence.

As a matter of fact, that's a big part of the plan. There will be a red dwarf system passing by the Dun system: the goal is to use this as an opportunity to escape from the system.

Uh oh. 

Something like this:

• Dun: A red giant star that is done being on the main sequence.
  • All planets: Moved to be 1.43 times further from the parent star due to the 30% mass loss due to stellar wind and fusion.
  • Moho, Eve, and Gilly: A distant memory, having been swallowed by the Dun quite a while ago.
  • Kerbin: A dead, molten chunk of lava.
  • Mun: Same.
  • Duna: Scorched airless rockball.
  • Ike: Scorched airless rockball, but that's not really very new.
  • Dres: Thin water vapor atmosphere.
  • Jool: Now a cloudless deep blue world, Sudarsky Type III.
  • Laythe: Runaway greenhouse effect.
  • Tylo: Ice vaporized into a thin atmosphere. New home of the KSC is on the pole.
  • Bop: A few more craters I guess.
  • Pol: Ditto.
  • Eeloo: Melted with a thick atmosphere.
  • Vall: Ejected into a distant orbit, partially melted.

The story is that at some point during the Sun's evolution into the Dun, the Jool system entered the habitable zone. Some kerbals moved there from Duna, and then continued Kerbal civilization there. Some of them entered hibernation while the rest died out, now that the system was depleted of habitable worlds. They woke up from their protected hibernation modules, and did their best to set up a protected space center on Tylo's North Pole. Astronomers were able to use the stars to find out just how long it's been. But they also find something else: a nearby star with no angular motion and a fairly high blue shift. It's the star which has become known as Savior. A red dwarf star, it will pass below the radius of Jool's orbit. If Kerbalkind is to survive, they must colonize Savior's planets. And there's really only one chance at it.

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2017 at 4:46 PM, GregroxMun said:

Something like this:

• Dun: A red giant star that is done being on the main sequence.
  • All planets: Moved to be 1.43 times further from the parent star due to the 30% mass loss due to stellar wind and fusion.
  • Moho, Eve, and Gilly: A distant memory, having been swallowed by the Dun quite a while ago.
  • Kerbin: A dead, molten chunk of lava.
  • Mun: Same.
  • Duna: Scorched airless rockball.
  • Ike: Scorched airless rockball, but that's not really very new.
  • Dres: Thin water vapor atmosphere.
  • Jool: Now a cloudless deep blue world, Sudarsky Type III.
  • Laythe: Runaway greenhouse effect.
  • Tylo: Ice vaporized into a thin atmosphere. New home of the KSC is on the pole.
  • Bop: A few more craters I guess.
  • Pol: Ditto.
  • Eeloo: Melted with a thick atmosphere.
  • Vall: Ejected into a distant orbit, partially melted.

The story is that at some point during the Sun's evolution into the Dun, the Jool system entered the habitable zone. Some kerbals moved there from Duna, and then continued Kerbal civilization there. Some of them entered hibernation while the rest died out, now that the system was depleted of habitable worlds. They woke up from their protected hibernation modules, and did their best to set up a protected space center on Tylo's North Pole. Astronomers were able to use the stars to find out just how long it's been. But they also find something else: a nearby star with no angular motion and a fairly high blue shift. It's the star which has become known as Savior. A red dwarf star, it will pass below the radius of Jool's orbit. If Kerbalkind is to survive, they must colonize Savior's planets. And there's really only one chance at it.

Wow! I'm writing a story about this!

2 hours ago, Nightside said:

I came back as bag of snacks accidentally taken off the shelf before the expiration date.  

I came back as a bag of snack food accidentally taken off the shelf before the expiratiooon date.

Did a large procession launch their boosters as my head poofed in the basket

and was everybody landing on the casket?

Now it's over, I'm dead, and I haven't Dun anything that I want

or I'm still alive, and there's nothing I want to do.

Edited by GregroxMun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.