Your Favorite Randomized Kerbals

We all know Jebediah, Valintina, Bill, and Bob. However, one can't run an interplanetary space program off of just 4 Kerbalnauts! So we have the others, whose names are randomly generated. These are often the un-sung heros of the space program, doing far more dangerous, pioneering, and/or signifigant actions and get no praise. This thread is to shine light on them! 

Currently I am quite attatched to one specific female Kerbal named Beala. Some of you might know that my main 4 ate currently on vacation. So Beala has been taken the brunt of the force, the work of 4 veteran kerbals on her. And she did a good job! At first she was a test pilot, and I just happned to be on a craft making rampage. She flew on most of them. Then I realized this. I continued on until I grew an attatchment to her. And I wasn't exactly grateful at first, sending her on almost suicide missions, and she survived! She is assigned on all of my most inportant flights, I recall she was on the STS-0.1, and I think STS-1 as well. She did far more of the grimey work, while the others are reserved for more 'press worthy' work. That is until the shuttle program, as stated earlier, launched. :wink: 

So who are your unsung heros?

My original idea of this thread was to talk about your favorite randomized kerbals' names AND their stories! So just keep that in mind...

Edited by Spacetraindriver

The big 4 seem to creep into every flight. When I remember to give them the boot my lineup includes Trauki - she is my favorite pilot. She almost always returns to Kerbin with an intact craft. Jeb can't say that.  I also have Jendine as a back up pilot. My engineer of choice is Harmy. Why? His name is close to Harney - they sell great tea.   

My sister got attached to two kerbals named Patbo and Malman (and one I edited so that it was named after her). Naturally, I also kinda got attached. I turned Malman and her name sake into orange suits on my main testing save.

Edited by qzgy

I have conburry kerman who test fly 174-seat passenger jet when the big 4 is on the mun. Conburry seems to never lose his cool when flying a huge aircraft that's barely able to turn. His excitement in flight might turns into a horrified looks when something goes wrong though

I normally ignore rescue contracts (other space agencies don't fit into my worldview), but when I saw one come up for Nina Kerman, I couldn't say no.  She became my first Kerbal to step onto Duna, though that was in a pre-lifesupport game so I am not sure I count it as anything but a sim anymore.

Nina is my daughter's name.  :)

Probably Erianna Kerman, the first pilot of my favorite ship, the EX-9 Eos. I had a half finished story showing off the Eos with her as the Pilot, and by sheer chance she and her EX-9 were the sole survivors of the 2v1 Battle of Minmus, destroying 2 enemy vessels. Even though she is regularly piloting ships during armour testing, she is yet to be killed in any of my saves.

6 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Thompy Kerman

I think SQUAD has an @Just Jim Emiko Station addiction

While that's a nice thought, Thompberry was a game generated name. Emiko Station was just getting going, and I was thinking I need a mad scientist of some sort, and when I went and looked, there was a scientist named Thompberry.... and I knew that was the one. 

So anyone has a chance of getting a Thomp-something.... or Thompberry himself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.