Ship Resource Error

ON loading the shiplist in the VAB, one of my craft turned out to be corrupted (it has since been removed), with these three errors popping up in the console (not necessarily in this order):

Spoiler

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,ConfigNode].Add (System.String key, .ConfigNode value)
    ShipTemplate.LoadShip (.ConfigNode root)
    KSP.UI.Screens.CraftEntry.Init (System.IO.FileInfo fInfo, Boolean stock)
    KSP.UI.Screens.CraftEntry.Create (System.IO.FileInfo fInfo, Boolean stock, .Callback`1 OnSelected)
    KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.BuildCraftList ()
    KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.Start ()

[ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,ConfigNode].Add (System.String key, .ConfigNode value)
    ShipTemplate.LoadShip (.ConfigNode root)
    KSP.UI.Screens.CraftEntry.Init (System.IO.FileInfo fInfo, Boolean stock)
    KSP.UI.Screens.CraftEntry.Create (System.IO.FileInfo fInfo, Boolean stock, .Callback`1 OnSelected)
    KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.BuildCraftList ()
    KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.onVABtabToggle (Boolean st)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`1[System.Boolean].Invoke (System.Object[] args)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`1[System.Boolean].Invoke (Boolean arg0)
    UnityEngine.UI.Toggle.Set (Boolean value, Boolean sendCallback)
    UnityEngine.UI.Toggle.Set (Boolean value)
    UnityEngine.UI.Toggle.set_isOn (Boolean value)
    UnityEngine.UI.Toggle.InternalToggle ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Toggle.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Could somebody elaborate on what this means so I can stop it happening again?

.craft of the broken ship (needs NFC, lots of USI stuff, TS and SXT)

Edited by voicey99

10 hours ago, Akira_R said:

It will be a lot easier to figure out what's happening here if you include your entire log file and a list of mods you are using.

<schnip>

I guess I deserve to be patronised on that one, here they are. There is a modlist at 08:36:52.459.

When you say the craft is corrupted what do you mean?

Does the game freak out when you try to load it?

If that is the case could you load up the game, go into VAB and try and load the craft, after game freaks out go ahead and Alt-F4 out of the game. Then upload your output log not your ksp log. if you follow the link I posted it will tell you where to find that log file.

18 hours ago, Akira_R said:

When you say the craft is corrupted what do you mean?

Does the game freak out when you try to load it?

If that is the case could you load up the game, go into VAB and try and load the craft, after game freaks out go ahead and Alt-F4 out of the game. Then upload your output log not your ksp log. if you follow the link I posted it will tell you where to find that log file.

By the craft being corrupted I mean it doesn't show up in the list of vessels available to launch from the pad and the list of vessels to load in the VAB was broken (i.e. blank) until I deleted it-which is a hallmark of a corrupted file. I know where to find the log (ignore all the CC errors, that's just sigmabinary).

What I'm basically asking here is what broke it so I don't have to make my other vessels from scratch in the future.

Edited by voicey99

Hi, a couple of things I know, that can damage a craft file leading to ui misbehavior . Remove a mod that the craft prefab depends on,  changing positions or method of  attachment nodes in parts used on the craft prefab,  changes to part models that the craft requires  that  have changed the dimensions  and node positions,

I would imagine that located in your log somewhere is a reference to that particular craft that indicates the editor could not find the crafts root part.  caused usually by removing a needed mod  or a badly user edited craft file 

The only other way  i've seen this happen is if by some vague chance the game crashed while saving the craft

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

The only other way  i've seen this happen is if by some vague chance the game crashed while saving the craft

It did indeed crash when saving, this is probably the culprit.

This would also probably be related to the >500GB of NREs it had spewed out in the preceding minutes (this bug in USI FTT has since been fixed).

Edited by voicey99

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.