Probe to Sarnus

Cristy2017

I installed OPM and a bunch of mods so I wanted to try and send something out there. I made a simple probe and launched it. :D

aRv84rL.png

This is the rocket I sent it with.

Ywc8O2X.png

I didn't take any screenshots from the launch because I wasn't expecting to post it here :sealed: (I did the rocket screenshots after I finished the mission) 

5kLbcgD.png

Performing the burn that will take me to an encounter...

FFzSdGO.png

Already on my way! 

iSDHJEh.png

cn1eM7r.png

Making a mid-course correction to adjust my trajectory...

vO84Qzj.png

Taking into account I could go closer to Sarnus, it gives me a pretty powerful gravity-assist, this could be useful when going to the further planets.

eJnzSdc.png

I noticed Custom Asteroids mod created an asteroid in orbit of Sarnus! (Or it got captured somehow) 

WwIdIYI.png

And the relay network I set up in keostationary orbit around Kerbin so I could control the probe out there.

sgBAxMU.png

The final stretch takes a LONG time because of the low orbital velocity around Kerbol.

zW6H4db.png

Hello Sarnus!

GPwWx2l.png

fyH6oyR.png

Setting a maneuver node... I noticed that I have a lot of extra delta-v, should I try going to Tekto or another planet?

ypuEkoB.png

Capture burn!

x9i8p0L.png

Orbit achieved.

YQL1bjC.png

Sun is distant and the energy I get is very little. I must take this into account for future missions by bringing extra batteries or RTGs

A few screenshots:

m4KcB4X.png

WlXnmub.png

d3QQuLy.png

Eeloo orbit is closer than expected, but not enough to get an encounter.

Sooo this mission is done until I decide if I should go to one of the moons.:cool::D I'm enjoying the OPM 

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.