KSC Air And Car Show. [9-17 UPDATE]

Not sure if it is the type of craft you want, but here's one of my favorite ones to scoot around Kerbin in:

If it qualifies, it is on a Mk 2 airframe, only has three mods, and I will gladly edit this post after I get it uploaded to KerbalX.

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Not sure if it is the type of craft you want, but here's one of my favorite ones to scoot around Kerbin in:

If it qualifies, it is on a Mk 2 airframe, only has three mods, and I will gladly edit this post after I get it uploaded to KerbalX.

I can't wait. This will go under the "Light Aircraft" category. :)

I've had this craft sitting around for a while now, and I would go back to it every now and then to fix something that I thought was out of place and do some fine-tuning. So, I present the 1:1 scale F-16C Block 50 Fighting Falcon. 

Spoiler

mpRQb1l.png

lhM0VMd.png

LBN5kul.png

I tried to get all the details that I could without adding too much part count, and so it stays practical. This craft can do very sharp turns with afterburners on but still performs well without afterburners too. I prefer to use afterburners only when necessary, such as takeoff or doing a maneuver. Keep in mind that to keep the proportions correct I had to partly clip the engines into each other. As a result, the craft has a high TWR and really doesn't need much power to take off. 

Link

On 6/30/2017 at 5:49 PM, Munbro Kerman said:

I've had this craft sitting around for a while now, and I would go back to it every now and then to fix something that I thought was out of place and do some fine-tuning. So, I present the 1:1 scale F-16C Block 50 Fighting Falcon. 

Reveal hidden contents

mpRQb1l.png

lhM0VMd.png

LBN5kul.png

I tried to get all the details that I could without adding too much part count, and so it stays practical. This craft can do very sharp turns with afterburners on but still performs well without afterburners too. I prefer to use afterburners only when necessary, such as takeoff or doing a maneuver. Keep in mind that to keep the proportions correct I had to partly clip the engines into each other. As a result, the craft has a high TWR and really doesn't need much power to take off. 

Link

Sorry I'm so late. You're in.

I had this Soviet bird hanging around in rain behind SPH. Would Mk.3 cargo plane qualify as a heavy or a light aircraft?

It can fly a one way trip to the edge of the South pole in about ten ton load and it can land on or take off from a top of a dime.

Zls9VGh.png
https://kerbalx.com/Wafflesforkrebs/AN-12E

Edited by ImmaStegosaurus!

On 7/8/2017 at 10:50 PM, ImmaStegosaurus! said:

I had this Soviet bird hanging around in rain behind SPH. Would Mk.3 cargo plane qualify as a heavy or a light aircraft?

It can fly a one way trip to the edge of the South pole in about ten ton load and it can land on or take off from a top of a dime.

Zls9VGh.png
https://kerbalx.com/Wafflesforkrebs/AN-12E

Probably a heavy. 

EDIT:
Congratulations! You are our last "Heavy Aircraft" entry!

That means you have just closed the heavy aircraft submission!

:D 

To everyone else: 

Heavy aircraft submissions are now CLOSED

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

4 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

What. In. The. Name. Of. The. KRAKEN??!!!

*looks at airplane* Umm...*coughs* *asks question*, "How can anyone fly a airplane from the back facing backwards"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.