KSC Air And Car Show. [9-17 UPDATE]

On 5/16/2017 at 4:17 PM, Lo Var Lachland said:

Open slots:
Light Aircraft: 0 SLOTS OPEN. SUBMISSION IS CLOSED.

Heavy aircraft: 0 SLOTS OPEN. SUBMISSION IS CLOSED.

Cars: 16 slots open.

Trucks: 15 slots open.

Wacky stuff: 3 slots open.

Looks like some of us "wacky," but all of us fly! Guess I'll have to get my rove on... ish. :wink:

How exactly might you classify a flying motorbike? :rolleyes: Bo's not a car or truck or plane. Maybe it's wacky to think a bike could fly like a plane? IDK... Judges plz? 

https://kerbalx.com/DarkLion/Bo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2017 at 1:37 PM, Dark Lion said:

It's awfully still and quiet on this thread. Better gather my advanced medical equipment. Could be in shock from Bo wierdness...

:o
[Pokes thread with a stick]

Lol. Once I get all the positions filled, I will finally post the show. 

On 8/16/2017 at 10:52 AM, tsgaerospace said:

can i change my car entery?

To what?

Already have this car in another challenge, but I'll submit it here.

Only has Tweakscale for a mod, apart from that it's dead stock parts.

The AVRO Grand Prix Special!

https://kerbalx.com/GDJ/Avro-Gran-Prix-Special

COt7bEx.png

She's a 1.007 tonne, all performance, no frills, scare-the-poo-poo-out-of-you racecar.
- AWD design with a 55/45 torque split biased to the rear
- 0 to 100 km/hr in just under 3.2 seconds.
- top speed of 190 km/hr
- 4.5G sustainable turning
- powered by two 50 unit fuel cells and 300 units of battery backup

She's a monster that's not overly forgiving, but master it and you'll do wonderful things to your opponents.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Just reproduced the same car in 1.3. For some reason the top speed of the 1.3 version is 130 km/hr.
I'll be completely honest: I may have messed around with the 1.2.2 wheels when the DAKAR 2017 challenge was happening. If that is the case when somebody runs this model in their version of 1.2.2 it may reflect the lower speed, and you have my apologies for the mix up in the statistics regarding top speed.

However, the car still really turns good!

Edited by GDJ

• 1 month later...

Hello!  I would like to submit one of my cars, the R-5 Turismo R.

tdkdkhp.png

Rl1N45x.png

My other cars tend handle a bit better, but I like the aesthetics of the R-5 the most :)

Mods: Tweakscale and DCK for paintjob (does not affect stats, vehicle can still be loaded and will function the same without DCK).

Edit: Download link here: https://kerbalx.com/Slam_Jones/R-5-Turismo-R

Edited by Slam_Jones
Download link

4 hours ago, Slam_Jones said:

Hello!  I'm thinking about submitting one of my cars, the R-5 Turismo R.

Spoiler

tdkdkhp.png

Spoiler

Rl1N45x.png

The download actually isn't ready yet because the car likes to slide around on its roof or do as shown in the spoiler below.  However, I should be able to get it a bit smoother in the performance department!

Reveal hidden contents

The R-5 gets upset sometimes...

8dLk38L.png

My other cars handle significantly better, but I like the aesthetics of the R-5 the most :)

Mods: Tweakscale and DCK for paintjob (does not affect stats, vehicle can still be loaded and will function the same without DCK).

Will see if I can finish tuning today and get it uploaded :)

What's DCK? 0_o

40 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

What's DCK? 0_o

A very excellent new(ish) mod that allows one to change up the textures of many stock parts to essentially 'paint' your vessel, as well as adding a few optional textures for wheels (rims).  Highly recommended! :)

Edit:  The Turismo is now uploaded!  Tuned to minimize chance of roll-over, with great drifting potential.  Not recommended for off-road use.

https://kerbalx.com/Slam_Jones/R-5-Turismo-R

Edited by Slam_Jones

8 hours ago, Slam_Jones said:

A very excellent new(ish) mod that allows one to change up the textures of many stock parts to essentially 'paint' your vessel, as well as adding a few optional textures for wheels (rims).  Highly recommended! :)

You should check out the latest DCK release ... Adds 15 colors selected by @Azimech, 9 more camos courtesy of @SpannerMonkey(smce), a couple M1 Wheels courtesy of @Wrench Head as well as KAX

Dukes of Hazard Orange would look nice on that R-5 Tourismo :wink:

I suppose I'll enter my Selenium I to the "Cars" category.

2017-09-15%2013-39-27.png

2017-09-15%2013-47-36.png

It's a turbine powered super-car, which also features solar panels and fuel cells for casual road driving.

There is a pure race version which has reduced weight and more power and thus can go faster, but it is harder to control so I decided not to upload that one.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

welp, we still need things :(

I guess folks don't like to rover as much...? I've struggled to build a practical truck but I've got a line-up of 3 car variants for my "Boose" model. Should I send all 3?
Yes, yes, I read "1 entry per category" just fine, but I'm psyched to see all this tonnage (all these beautiful submissions:confused:) wrapped up under a single bow too. I'm just trying to speed things along a bit considering this has been riding through several game versions now. That might also play a part in slowing things down too.
Speaking of version... are the expansion parts also welcome? 

1 minute ago, Dark Lion said:

I guess folks don't like to rover as much...? I've struggled to build a practical truck but I've got a line-up of 3 car variants for my "Boose" model. Should I send all 3?
Yes, yes, I read "1 entry per category" just fine, but I'm psyched to see all this tonnage (all these beautiful submissions:confused:) wrapped up under a single bow too. I'm just trying to speed things along a bit considering this has been riding through several game versions now. That might also play a part in slowing things down too.
Speaking of version... are the expansion parts also welcome? 

Oh please do. I'm sick of waiting :P 

NO DLC

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

3 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Oh please do. I'm sick of waiting :P 

Really?! :o Well, I'll get right to work then!
Standby... someone forgot to do individual photo shoots for the 3 unique makes. Back shortly!

3 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

NO DLC

Duely noted.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.