[1.1.2] Warships getting Kraken Attacks

So I've been having issues with loading in Warships in Kerbal Space Program. Going from Tracking Station to the Ship, or having a vehicle come into physics range causes ships to randomly explode.

I've been trying to figure out why my ships are exploding for last couple of days and seeing if I could find the source. I have Kerbal Join reinforcement as well as Airpark.

Mods List here: Link to Mods list (Idk how to add images, I'm having issues with that atm)

Spoiler

Here's gifs of what's happening (I literally can't seem to insert pictures of gifs using the insert other media tool. Not so used to forums)

http://gph.is/2rdHF8o

http://gph.is/2qpJtK2

(hope This ain't illegal to post them like this on the forum)

System Specs:
AMD Ryzen 1700 (3.2 Ghtz)
EVGA GTX 1080 SSC 
32GB G.Skill Aegis Ram
850 Watt PSU
SSD 256GB Samsung 840 Evo (Holds OS and the KSP Folder)
2x512gb HDD
1x2TB HDD

I'm guessing that there is a lot of clipping inside the ships. The physics probably doesn't like it when that many parts interact with each other and the terrain at the same time.

A suggestion I have is to use the welding mod to make larger structural plates and even hull pieces to lower part count and clipping,

Edited by Jas0n

8 minutes ago, Jas0n said:

I'm guessing that there is a lot of clipping inside the ships. The physics probably doesn't like it when that many parts interact with each other and the terrain at the same time.

A suggestion I have is to use the welding mod to make larger structural plates and even hull pieces to lower part count and clipping,

Alright I'll try that out. Also reducing the amount of clipping on my ships could also reduce the chance of kraken attacks right?
because if welding doesn't work I'll see if I could reduce the amount of clipping.

2 hours ago, Jas0n said:

I'm assuming it would, from my experience on the forums and youtube. You could always test it, maybe not with full-size ship but with small test crafts.

I'll test it with my little Panzer tanks first to see if it affects their armor.

EDIT: Welding Mod didn't work as well. However I decided to recreate one of the ships.
However reduced the amount of clipping by putting larger parts instead of the smaller parts. Made a huge difference (For now One ship)

Open Spoiler for pics

Spoiler

wal19J4.png
Here's the old ship look, you could probably tell the clipping all on it. Which this ship destroys itself half of the time back then. (German Cruiser Emden) 

and the New look.
osh9jBA.jpg

Edited by lancefoxcia
Added some pictures, and found a somewhat of a fix to my issue, more later.

HI this was a known issue for all large vessels particularly ships in 1.12.and even worse in 1.13 There was no fix, aside from smaller lighter vessels. and using KJR, even then most large LBP hulls would explode or fly into orbit when approached by other vessels . The only true fix is to upgrade to beyond KSP1.13 or stop using ships sadly

I should add that no such problems exist in 1.22 and multiple active sea going vessels can be in scene without issue.

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

5 hours ago, Jas0n said:

Welding mod didn't work as well? as in unsatisfactory results, or the mod doesn't work? 

unsatisfactory results. I tried many different weldings.

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI this was a known issue for all large vessels particularly ships in 1.12.and even worse in 1.13 There was no fix, aside from smaller lighter vessels. and using KJR, even then most large LBP hulls would explode or fly into orbit when approached by other vessels . The only true fix is to upgrade to beyond KSP1.13 or stop using ships sadly

I should add that no such problems exist in 1.22 and multiple active sea going vessels can be in scene without issue.

hmm, Well it's the I got a mod pack from thebeardypenguin on youtube and decided to use that pack.

But i know 1.2.2 would be the better version to use, however BDarmory has some weird changes to armor in the game, but I'm guessing there's a fix for that?

4 minutes ago, lancefoxcia said:

hmm, Well it's the I got a mod pack from thebeardypenguin on youtube and decided to use that pack.

nothing to do with the pack everything to to with the physics in 1.12

4 minutes ago, lancefoxcia said:

, but I'm guessing there's a fix for that?

Yes you need to use those mods that keep pace with BDAc dev , those mods have armor, those mods also have bullet penetration and type value, without which the current BDA applies a default setting.  There are currently to my knowledge 2 soon to be 3 mods that carry armor that meets BDA spec. The version of SMM you have chosen to use limits you immensely, many more parts currently  and the next update  in final testing (see thread) also has  armor

15 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

nothing to do with the pack everything to to with the physics in 1.12

Yes you need to use those mods that keep pace with BDAc dev , those mods have armor, those mods also have bullet penetration and type value, without which the current BDA applies a default setting.  There are currently to my knowledge 2 soon to be 3 mods that carry armor that meets BDA spec. The version of SMM you have chosen to use limits you immensely, many more parts currently  and the next update  in final testing (see thread) also has  armor

Alright, seeing that none of this will hurt my work i'm currently doing (A video series with it), I'm all up toe modifying a lot of setting configurations since I've been doing that for a lot of the parts.

So I'll be setting that up right now.
Also I was wondering how I could import my own turrets into the game. I have the modeling knowledge and I know how to animate in a 3d workspace (Not in blender but in Maya, however animations in maya should carry over). 

7 minutes ago, lancefoxcia said:

Also I was wondering how I could import my own turrets into the game

Linked below is  a full unity project with all assets , plug and play ,  It contains enough info on how to set up turrets and export them and from the assets you can also derive useful setup info. It is admittedly still in unity 4.22  but would upgrade ok, though there's littel point right now as a u4.22 turret works exactly the same as a u5.2 turret with the benefit some of the FX and animation processes are a lot more straightfwd in u4.22

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ra4ct7f52m8r6ya/BDAc U422 DemoScene.zip?dl=0

7 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Linked below is  a full unity project with all assets , plug and play ,  It contains enough info on how to set up turrets and export them and from the assets you can also derive useful setup info. It is admittedly still in unity 4.22  but would upgrade ok, though there's littel point right now as a u4.22 turret works exactly the same as a u5.2 turret with the benefit some of the FX and animation processes are a lot more straightfwd in u4.22

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ra4ct7f52m8r6ya/BDAc U422 DemoScene.zip?dl=0

Ok, thats sweet, Ill look into this once I get everything back up and running for my series.
I've always had an itch to see if I could put my own turrets into the game so that I could have much more diverse looking, and if they're good and functioning well, I'll send them over to you so that you could add them to your packs.

I've done some modding myself, especially in old games where I need to use a Hex editor to add in a model. For an example.

Spoiler

cpxH33z.png

Replacing Goomba's heads with Lugia's head in SM64. (Also got blinking to work as well)

2 hours ago, lancefoxcia said:

I've always had an itch to see if I could put my own turrets into the game

2 hours ago, lancefoxcia said:

I've done some modding myself, especially in old games where I need to use a Hex editor to add in a model.

As it goes, if you have half a brain,  I have to say that the unity KSP combo is  one of the easiest to mod  I've ever come across.  Unity will import almost anything it seems with the right export settings from your modelling app, and you'll find it a lot easier than editing hex code :)

11 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Ah I didn't that was an issue with large ships in general, I thought it was caused by the clipping.

Upgrading to 1.2.2 fixed all of my issues and actually made the game run much more smooth even with lots of warships.
one problem was all of my custom bases were gone when switching (Using kerbal konstructs) however it isn't much of a setback. 
Marking as answered.

Now gotta figure out how to use Unity.

if you got a discord or Skype @SpannerMonkey(smce) Pm me, I'd love to get a more hands on experience (I tend to learn better with a hands on experience, I have most of the things ready)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.