[WIP][1.3.1+] Warbird Cockpits! - 0.3PRE - Mk1 Capsule, Mk1 Inline Cockpit, Mk2 Inline Cockpit

Hey mate, could you try making a bomber cockpit? Firespitter already has a B-17, But I need a cockpit that is similar to the B-25/B-24/B-26

10 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Hey mate, could you try making a bomber cockpit? Firespitter already has a B-17, But I need a cockpit that is similar to the B-25/B-24/B-26

I'd love to, but someone else would have to make the exterior and interior models. I am no good at modeling.

• 2 weeks later...

Small update: I've been pretty busy with real life this week. My niece, who was born premature and with esophageal atresia last October, has finally been released from the specialty hospital in Boston, and my brother, sister-in-law, and she are moving back home to Houston next week. So I've been busy getting their house ready for them, and haven't done a whole lot on the IVAs. However, I did take about three hours from my sleep the past couple of nights, as inspiration struck.

So I made this:

It's an analog radio stack more in keeping with the style of the Vintage Kerbonov. I'm planning to add an on/off switch, gain knobs, and transmission / reception indicators gauges before I release it with the next version of the mod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2017 at 0:17 PM, Murican_Jeb said:

Are you still working on this?

Yes. Been very busy at work, and my band is playing a major show in a few weeks, so that's where all my free time has gone the past couple of weeks.

Edited by theonegalen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I apologize for the delays. Real Life has been pretty busy. First, my band performed in Baltimore (we traveled from Houston). Then I was trying to get registered for college classes. And now I'm trying to recover from Hurricane Harvey, which flooded my home this past week. That recovery is probably going to take a week or two, then I will hopefully be able to return to work on the mod, depending on the status of my computer.

41 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

And now I'm trying to recover from Hurricane Harvey, which flooded my home this past week

ugh, sry you got caught up in all of that. Hope all turns out well, or at least as well as can be. I had to deal with Sandy but I'm about 15min inland from the Jersey Shore so flooding wasn't an issue

On 9/1/2017 at 7:37 PM, Drew Kerman said:

ugh, sry you got caught up in all of that. Hope all turns out well, or at least as well as can be. I had to deal with Sandy but I'm about 15min inland from the Jersey Shore so flooding wasn't an issue

Thanks for the well wishes! Watch out for Irma, because it sounds like she might come roaring up the coast laying waste to everything.

6 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Thanks for the well wishes! Watch out for Irma, because it sounds like she might come roaring up the coast laying waste to everything.

The west is burning, the east will be flooded and the central plains just need some sort of mega-tornado and all will be perfectly apocalyptic!

14 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

The west is burning, the east will be flooded and the central plains just need some sort of mega-tornado and all will be perfectly apocalyptic!

Not to mention the recent eclipse! Eclipses, of course, don't cause any damage, but they feel apocalyptic.

• 1 month later...

Everything's been a pretty big mess over here. Now I'm back in school, but I still don't have a good setup for modding. My computer is pretty borked and I'll need to get a new one, but that probably won't be possible until I get another job.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just updated my KSP install and got inspired by the newest release of Airplane Plus!

I'm hoping to release the X-1 and 1.3.1 update soon.

IMGUR ALBUM

Pmwx070.jpg

On 11/25/2017 at 3:23 PM, Daniel Prates said:

I think I must be doing something wrong... the warbird cockpit works fine, but I am not getting the new kerbonov cockpit: in the SPH only the usual KN-2 cockpit shows. I understood that there would be two, one with the older IVA and one with the newer. Did I not get this right?

Sorry I never got back to you, I was away from KSP and the internet for a while sorting out some things. I am not sure what may be going on here. What version of KSP are you using, and does the issue persist?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, something in the X-1 throwing a nullref when it loads. I'm going to have go through all the prop configs to figure out what's up.

In other news, I'm working intermittently on the APP B-29 cockpit, and today I started ASET-ifying the stock Mk1 Inline cockpit. I've decided to base it on the F-15C, which has one MFD and a bunch of traditional instruments.

I'm going to have to switch over to MAS  from RPM before long. That will take a while, because I've never worked with MAS and cfgbashing is the closest thing I know to programming. The switch will improve both functionality and performance. It will be a little way down the road, however. I want to get a few more cockpits designed before I tear into MAS. I don't expect the looks of most of the cockpits will change much, except for the addition of a few choice instruments that MAS will facilitate.

Also, I just released a new beta version of the mod on Spacedock. SXT Bonny and Clyde cockpits, and APP Mk1 Supersonic (X-1) and Mk1 Viewer's Cockpit all included.

Edited by theonegalen

• 1 month later...

An update on what I'm up to:

I've decided not to stop working on this mod, despite the new EULA / ToS. I just enjoy putting this stuff together too much to give up on it just yet. That might change if @MOARdV decides never to update RPM or MAS again, or it might not. Everything might just be for 1.3.1 forever, I don't know. We'll see.

I started playing career mode again, which meant I needed to throw together a stock Mk1 Command Pod IVA. So I figured I'd just go ahead and do the other stock cockpits as well. Here's a preview:

xco8fuq.png

IMGUR ALBUM

Mk1 Inline Airplane / Spaceplane cockpit:

ZUy5TUA.png

IMGUR ALBUM

6fzV8Zy.png

IMGUR ALBUM

Haven't started on the Mk2 pointy nose cockpit yet. The head positions are ridiculous, and the Mk2 Inline looks like a Blackbird cockpit, so it's much more fun.

On 6/7/2017 at 3:29 PM, theonegalen said:

A small preview: Two Kerlingtons.

I've also made some bugfixes and small improvements to the KN-2. Coming as soon as I finish the Clyde.

On 7/1/2017 at 4:51 PM, theonegalen said:

Small update on the SXT Clyde, now that the Bonny is finished. I plan to release both together with the next version. Put about 12 hours into it this week. :)

Neither of these have images, is that meant to happen?

1 hour ago, Sebforce116 said:

Neither of these have images, is that meant to happen?

They used to have images. Some forum issue or another deleted them. If you go to my imgur account page, there are a few albums of various cockpits there. There should be some images in the OP as well. Unless the forum screw up from yesterday got rid of them.