KSP Challenge: Taking the scenic route!

11 minutes ago, Badie said:

Yes they are weekly, this time we had a release so the new one will be next Wednesday :wink: 

I had a feeling that was the case. I imagine y'all were pretty busy the last few days. :wink:

3 hours ago, zxv_3815 said:

This challenge took a me a long time to research the orbital velocity, ways to see how to see if I was in orbit, and lots of practice, but I finally did it. :D

"Done circ ... :/ ... Done circliz ... :mad: ... Done orbit :cool:"

Figured, since I'm on a bit of a challenge-binge, that I'd hit this one up.

It was a lot of fun, and took me a few tries to make happen.  Feels good to succeed.  Especially in 1.3, and without using my typical crutch of MechJeb.

Edited by Aetharan

1 minute ago, Just Jim said:

They didn't do one last week because, unknown at the time, @SQUAD was getting the 1.3 release ready. But I believe tomorrow things will pick up where they left off.

I meant for this challenge :wink:

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

@Badie I just wanted to say Congrats on setting all this up... You know the community likes something when you fill 4 pages in a week full of submissions and smiles :) 

Agreed, the weekly challenges seem to be quite a hit, congrats @Badie :)

Shouldn't these challenges posts be under the challenges sub-forum? *bigwink* :wink:

I'd do the challenge, but I want to download a bunch of graphic enhancement mods to make it really scenic... the only problem is that my internet is horrifically slow, and it's apparently going to take 3 days to download. Well.

12 hours ago, Badie said:

Thanks to your help @Just Jim and the help of  other members of this community! I really enjoy every challenge! 

No problem. :)

2 hours ago, ToTheMun said:

Shouldn't these challenges posts be under the challenges sub-forum? *bigwink* :wink:

I'm starting to think if these weeklies keep going the way they are, @Badie might have to start a new sub-forum in the challenges section just for past weekly challenges, like an archive.

Edited by Just Jim

2 hours ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

These challenges are great, I'm going to start participating in them more!

The only reason I didn't participate in this one is I didn't think I could actually do it. :P

If I can do it, then anybody can.  Give it a shot!  The worst that could happen is a few explosions.

3 hours ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

These challenges are great, I'm going to start participating in them more!

The only reason I didn't participate in this one is I didn't think I could actually do it. :P

I really want to do more of these as well, but I usually get so caught up in writing I don't have the time to really get creative with challenges, unless I can use a ship or something I already have built and available. 

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Badie said:

I´m always open to hear ideas guys so if you have any please PM me and we will work on it :D 

@Badie, what I suggested a couple posts ago, if these weekly challenges continue to be a hit, you may consider starting a new sub-forum in the challenges section for the old ones, like an archive.  :)

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

@Badie, what I suggested a couple posts ago, if these weekly challenges continue to be a hit, you may consider starting a new sub-forum in the challenges section for the old ones, like an archive.  :)

Yes I think that´s a good idea 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.