Game won't let me complete a contract

I'm running v1.2.2

This is so frustrating! I had a contract to mine 1050 units of ore from Minmus and return it to Kerbin. I have tried THREE TIMES now to complete the contract and it only ever gives me 3 out of 4 criteria:

Acquire 1050 units of fresh ore from Minmus COMPLETE (I collected 1065 units, but does this matter? It says it's complete!)

Have 1050 units on your vessel COMPLETE

Maintain stability for 10 seconds COMPLETE

Land your ore on Kerbin INCOMPLETE

Right now, this second, the damn ship is sitting in the sea, ore intact! If this isn't "landed on Kerbin" what the hell is? What am I missing?! I have tried jettisoning the ore once landed, I have tried landing on both land and sea, I have tried Recovering the Vessel, I have tried going into the Tracking Station and reloading the ship from there; and it still won't give me it! This was my first 'mining ore' mission and I was pleased it worked, but  I am not going to waste another 2 hours designing and testing a ship if the game's going to behave like this on mining contracts. The contract gives me over 500,000 credits, and I spent more than that on this mission! I want that money back. :P

EDIT: Could it be it literally means I have LAND the ore, on a lander, with engines and parachutes, back on Kerbin? If so, HOW WAS I SUPPOSE TO KNOW?  Sometimes these damn contracts can be so ambiguously worded!

Edited by TimKerbin

5 hours ago, TimKerbin said:

I collected 1065 units, but does this matter? It says it's complete!

Hi,

doesnt matter - at least 1050 needed.

Land your ore on Kerbin INCOMPLETE

Right now, this second, the damn ship is sitting in the sea, ore intact! If this isn't "landed on Kerbin" what the hell is? What am I missing?! I have tried jettisoning the ore once landed, I have tried landing on both land and sea, I have tried Recovering the Vessel

Could it be it literally means I have LAND the ore

Sitting in the sea may it be.

on a lander, with engines and parachutes

You should have parachutes on Kerbin :wink: but no need for anything special.

Seems you have a good save game, try reentering till you come down on land.

More info would be helpfull:

Post a picture of your watered vessel

Are you using Mods? If, full list please

(Or just use alt-F12 and tweak this contract as completed)

Edited by Draalo

8 hours ago, TimKerbin said:

I have tried landing on both land ...

1. Yes is does mean on land. Splashed doesn't cut it.

2. It doesn't have to be the same ore. So you can launch a ship with 1500 ore on it to the launchpad, and the contract will complete.

Hi!

I am sorry to inform you.

If you are in the sea you have splashed but not landed.

If you have descended on any continent, over land, to be more specific the contract would have been considered accomplished.

If you can tug the floating ore vessel to land you can still get it.

I have never tried to tug a floating vessel but I suggest:

1. include a claw

2. include several air intakes to increase buoyancy

3. include big wheels to move over land

4. include some sort of turbo fan to propel your vessel while floating over water

5. Include control surfaces to steer your rescue vessel at sea. 

6. test your design navigating nearby KSC

7. If you have included a CCR2 port at your ore retrieving vessel do not forget to include another at your rescue vessel, Then you can connect both ships even if the claw cannot do it (wrong height)

8.  If your floating vessel is somewhat far from KSC (More than 20 Km) or your patience is somewhat thin consider including some parachutes in your rescue vessel to fly and splash (not land) it nearby your ore vessel

Best luck!!

Ignacio

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:07 PM, TimKerbin said:

Could it be it literally means I have LAND the ore, on a lander, with engines and parachutes, back on Kerbin? If so, HOW WAS I SUPPOSE TO KNOW?  Sometimes these damn contracts can be so ambiguously worded!

Yes. It's like a legal document - "land" literally means land, not splash.

Good news for you is, if you only miss the last step, then you could just design a new ship, carrying only the number of required ore (game doesn't track where the ore come from), launch it, use separatron just to leave the ground for a second, then use parachute to make it "land" (on the launchpad). That will count.

4 hours ago, FancyMouse said:

Yes. It's like a legal document - "land" literally means land, not splash.

Good news for you is, if you only miss the last step, then you could just design a new ship, carrying only the number of required ore (game doesn't track where the ore come from), launch it, use separatron just to leave the ground for a second, then use parachute to make it "land" (on the launchpad). That will count.

For the amount of flight time required I assume even a decoupler may be enough. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.