Small Craft Megathread

Welcome to the Small Craft Megathread. From here, you can post your small craft/s in any way you see fit! Modded craft(s) are also acceptable, but you will have to include the link to any mods that you used parts of in your design. I am permitting, say, a picture of a large craft with the small craft (like a little shuttle) around the large craft, but the photo(s) will have to be focused on the small craft. Rovers are also accepted, as are sea vessels (they must be seaworthy though, so don't just build a little jetski or something and have the pictures of it on land, they will have to also be in water). Anyway, enough talking!

11 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

10t sounds right, but I'm not the OP.

That's just mass though. I was actually talking about physical dimensions. It's possible to have a VERY dense craft if one wants with clipping. (As already demonstrated with ROUND-8's.)

23 hours ago, StahnAileron said:

What's the upper-limit cut-off for the definition of "small"?

Whatever your feels say. A maximum 5x5x5 meter craft is small to me..

Small crafts eh, well, here's a couple of craft you'll be seeing once KSP 1.3 comes out.

They where built in the 1.3 prerelease, and are now inaccessible because i reverted back to 1.2 to get some proper stuff done.

The first one is what i call the ITB (interceptor test bed).

It was a scaled down interceptor model used to test all kinds of fancy doodads. It also served as an aerodynamics tesbed for a next generation interceptor, that eventually turned into the KF-18 Fornet.

A lot of our engineers that took part in that project said that the original ITB was just too cute and fun. So, instead of scrapping the prototype R/C jet, they brought it back to the KSC and are now using it as a "big boys R/C park flyer"

jgsIwU0.png

The other aircraft is a four engined "Protected cargo plane" that served in KW2 as a personal transport for many high ranking officers that wanted to feel a little safer/comfy while flying into the front-lines.

Y2lp4Zd.png

This one is of course a scaled down replica of it built by a small group of KSC staff as "party piece" to be used in airshows and conventions.

21 minutes ago, kapteenipirk said:

Small crafts eh, well, here's a couple of craft you'll be seeing once KSP 1.3 comes out.

They where built in the 1.3 prerelease, and are now inaccessible because i reverted back to 1.2 to get some proper stuff done.

The first one is what i call the ITB (interceptor test bed).

It was a scaled down interceptor model used to test all kinds of fancy doodads. It also served as an aerodynamics tesbed for a next generation interceptor, that eventually turned into the KF-18 Fornet.

A lot of our engineers that took part in that project said that the original ITB was just too cute and fun. So, instead of scrapping the prototype R/C jet, they brought it back to the KSC and are now using it as a "big boys R/C park flyer"

jgsIwU0.png

The other aircraft is a four engined "Protected cargo plane" that served in KW2 as a personal transport for many high ranking officers that wanted to feel a little safer/comfy while flying into the front-lines.

Y2lp4Zd.png

This one is of course a scaled down replica of it built by a small group of KSC staff as "party piece" to be used in airshows and conventions.

Is the last craft stock? Or are those modded propeller engines?

1 hour ago, BogusDionysus48 said:

So in ksp 1.3 they have propeller engines?

Yeah, as Selfish_meme said, you have to build them yourself.

In this case, a 0.5m intake makes up the engine cowling, while a nosecone works as the crank case. The sylinders are small communitron antennaes, and the propellers are bigger communitron antennaes.

It uses jet engines mounted in the rear of the inboard engine nacelles to propel it.

On 2017-05-26 at 8:50 AM, kapteenipirk said:

Yeah, as Selfish_meme said, you have to build them yourself.

In this case, a 0.5m intake makes up the engine cowling, while a nosecone works as the crank case. The sylinders are small communitron antennaes, and the propellers are bigger communitron antennaes.

It uses jet engines mounted in the rear of the inboard engine nacelles to propel it.

lol I didn't see that it was made for of smaller parts! :P

Special Message

400 views! 400 VIEWS! This thread has been viewed over 400 times now! That's a BIG milestone for me! Thanks for looking at this topic and uploading your awesome small craft designs! Keep it up! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.