Jump to content

[WIP] [1.11.x] MOARdV's Avionics Systems - MAS Interactive IVA! (v1.2.3, 21 May 2021)


MOARdV
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, warp_08 said:

is it possible to modify the position and orientation of the kerbals on already existing pods, let me explain: I am creating an IVA for a Near Future Spacecraft cockpit, but I find that the seats are not high enough, is it possible to change that?

I think the answer is "it depends".

If the seats are built in to the IVA mesh, then moving the seats may cause the interior to look messed up.

If the seats are props, I think you should be able to use a  one-shot TRANSLATION on the root node of the prop to get it to reposition (or tie the TRANSLASTION to a control, so the crew member can adjust the seat as needed).

alexustas made a seat that had height adjustment so female Kerbals could have the same viewpoint as male Kerbals.  I don't remember how he got the Kerbal and their viewpoint to move with the prop. and the prop was never released.

It might be that MAS would need some changes to make sure everything gets moved together - prop, Kerbal model, and Kerbal camera.  I'll add a GitHub issue to remind me to dig into that when I've got time to dedicate to modding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, warp_08 said:

is it possible to modify the position and orientation of the kerbals on already existing pods, let me explain: I am creating an IVA for a Near Future Spacecraft cockpit, but I find that the seats are not high enough, is it possible to change that?

I know it's possible, but just a user here. The ASET avionics Mk1 cockpit features a seat up/down switch. The ALCOR capsule has a similar function in the seat. Tells me you aren't stuck in place and the game can know where the Kerbal is inside the cockpit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/18/2021 at 3:38 PM, MOARdV said:

I think the answer is "it depends".

If the seats are built in to the IVA mesh, then moving the seats may cause the interior to look messed up.

If the seats are props, I think you should be able to use a  one-shot TRANSLATION on the root node of the prop to get it to reposition (or tie the TRANSLASTION to a control, so the crew member can adjust the seat as needed).

alexustas made a seat that had height adjustment so female Kerbals could have the same viewpoint as male Kerbals.  I don't remember how he got the Kerbal and their viewpoint to move with the prop. and the prop was never released.

It might be that MAS would need some changes to make sure everything gets moved together - prop, Kerbal model, and Kerbal camera.  I'll add a GitHub issue to remind me to dig into that when I've got time to dedicate to modding.

the seats in the NF pods are props, but if i use translation to adjust the seats, the kerbals model and the kerbal camera doesn't move 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/18/2021 at 10:51 AM, ElonsMusk said:

I know it's possible, but just a user here. The ASET avionics Mk1 cockpit features a seat up/down switch. The ALCOR capsule has a similar function in the seat. Tells me you aren't stuck in place and the game can know where the Kerbal is inside the cockpit.

Okay, that must be what I was thinking about, then.  It's been a few years since I looked at that.  I need to go back and figure out how I got that to work, then. :)

22 hours ago, warp_08 said:

the seats in the NF pods are props, but if i use translation to adjust the seats, the kerbals model and the kerbal camera doesn't move 

Since @ElonsMusk reminded me that there was a seat position adjuster already in RPM, I should be able to get it working in MAS as well, with some additional functionality.

14 hours ago, Errol said:

I'm wondering how difficult it would be to adapt them for the stock mk1-3 pod (and/or restock)?

I tried making an IVA for the stock Mk 1-3 pod.  The problem is that the crew do not sit next to each other.  The center seat is closer to the console than the other two, so it is really difficult to use a single prop size for the entire console.  If you make props sized so they look right on the center seat, they look tiny for the other two crew.  And if you make them easier to read for those two, they're huge for the center seat.  It's a real shame, too, since I wanted to use that IVA for an Apollo-style setup.

Adapting the IVA for the stock pod is possible, but it'd be a lot of work.  Some of the components in that IVA are specific to the BDB Saturn V stack, so they'd be decorations if the command pod is on a different launch system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, LHACK4142 said:

Is there a large collection of ready-to-play IVAs?

I'm going to take a moment to shill my own collection of ready-to-play IVAs.

GitHub - SingABrightSong/SABS_IVA: IVAs for Kerbal Space Program using MOARdV's Avionics System

Should cover all the stock + DLC pods, though I won't say that the IVAs are particularly well designed. 

I'm not sure if the automated RPM  patcher is working yet, but if/when it is you should also be able to use any RPM IVA and have it work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, SingABrightSong said:

I'm not sure if the automated RPM  patcher is working yet, but if/when it is you should also be able to use any RPM IVA and have it work.

It's not done yet, since I haven't converted all the hundreds of ASET RPM props to MAS yet.  It'll be done eventually, but some of the props take a lot of work (particularly the MFDs).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2021 at 2:35 PM, warp_08 said:

is it possible to modify the position and orientation of the kerbals on already existing pods, let me explain: I am creating an IVA for a Near Future Spacecraft cockpit, but I find that the seats are not high enough, is it possible to change that?

Yes... however, thats done seperately from anything really having to do with MAS... Although, there *are* electrically adjustable seat props in one of the ASET packs... You could theoretically just edit the appropriate IVA cfgto swap them in... But thats also not specific to MAS, I think vOv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one experiencing issues with the JSI cameras working properly with MAS? For example, they don't/can't pivot, turn etc., nor do they actually work properly (appear zoomed in or the image is unclear). Is there an MAS alternative camera mod or something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

Am I the only one experiencing issues with the JSI cameras working properly with MAS? For example, they don't/can't pivot, turn etc., nor do they actually work properly (appear zoomed in or the image is unclear). Is there an MAS alternative camera mod or something?

I used to think they should not work at all, so I wrote a patch adding MASCamera partmodule to JSI camera.

@PART[JSIPrimitiveExternalCamera]
{
    MODULE
   {
      name = MASCamera

      fovRange = 5, 45
      fovRate = 0

      panRange = -45, 45
      panRate = 0

      tiltRange = -35, 35
      tiltRate = 0

       cameraTransformName = RCSthruster

       refreshRate = 1

        translation = 0, 0, 0
         rotation = -90, 0, 0

         cameraName = ExtCam

        MODE
        {
               name = Default
               cameraResolution = 256
  
        }
        MODE
        {
             name = Nightvision
             cameraResolution = 256
             shader = MOARdV/Monochrome
             properties = _Gain:3.0; _ChannelR:0; _ChannelG:1.0; _ChannelB:0; _Opacity:1.0
             
         }
    }
}

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2021 at 12:58 AM, Manul said:

I used to think they should not work at all, so I wrote a patch adding MASCamera partmodule to JSI camera.

Yeah, I didn't bother adding support to the JSI camera, since ASET has a decent looking external camera.  I'll add a patch similar to yours in the next MAS release, along with the improved ASET camera that alexustas made a few years ago for MAS - this camera model has a body that rotates and pitches so the lens faces where the camera is pointed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Houston, we have a problem. Both fc.CurrentThrustkN()  and engine.CurrentThrustkN() return 0 for multimode engines when they switch mode. Both functions calculate the thrust correctly when engines are switched to the mode that was used when the vessel was loaded and ignore multimode engine's thrust in another mode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Installing this on 1.12.2 causes a hang up on load. I have all the dependencies. Here is my log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/20aib1sakhe76q7/Player.log?dl=0

 

Whenever I get the hang up, I also get a notification about Kronometer not being for the current version above the loading bar. I only get this error with the Avionics installed, otherwise KSP loads just fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Spike88 said:

Installing this on 1.12.2 causes a hang up on load. I have all the dependencies. Here is my log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/20aib1sakhe76q7/Player.log?dl=0

 

Whenever I get the hang up, I also get a notification about Kronometer not being for the current version above the loading bar. I only get this error with the Avionics installed, otherwise KSP loads just fine.

Did you post this in the wrong thread?  Neither MAS nor its dependencies (ASET Props) are in the log you've posted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MOARdV said:

Did you post this in the wrong thread?  Neither MAS nor its dependencies (ASET Props) are in the log you've posted.

I only have this hang up when MAS is installed. I might have posted the wrong log file as I was trying to resolve multiple issues at a time.

 

However an outdated kronomoter was causing issues with other mods, I’ve since updated Kronomoter which fixed some issues, I still need to check if it fixed the issue with your Avionics.

I can confirm that updating Kronomoter seems to have fixed the issue.

Edited by Spike88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, i'm creating an IVA using MAS and i would like to know if it's possible to create a custom variable for the color of panel dividers.

I want to have buttons to change the color of panel dividers and i don't know if it's possible, can someone help me ? 

( sorry if my english is a bit bad i'm french )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Vexmae said:

Hi, i'm creating an IVA using MAS and i would like to know if it's possible to create a custom variable for the color of panel dividers.

I want to have buttons to change the color of panel dividers and i don't know if it's possible, can someone help me ? 

( sorry if my english is a bit bad i'm french )

Yes, you can create color shifting panel dividers.  You will need to create a new part config, but those props are very, very simple:

Spoiler
PROP
{
	name = MAS_PanelDivider_ColorChanging

	MODEL
	{
		model = ASET/ASET_Props/Misc/PanelDivider/PanelDivider
	}

	MODULE
	{
		name = MASComponent

		COLOR_SHIFT
		{
			name = BackLight On/Off
			transform = PanelDivider
			variable = fc.Conditioned(fc.GetPersistentAsNumber("Backlight"))
			passiveColor = 0,0,0,255
			activeColor = fc.GetPersistentAsNumber("PD_ColorChangeR"),fc.GetPersistentAsNumber("PD_ColorChangeG"),fc.GetPersistentAsNumber("PD_ColorChangeB"),255
			blend = true
		}

	}
}

 

You will have 3 persistent variables to control the colors (one each for red, green, and blue).  You can then add a switch or some dials that control the color, or automate the color.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks you for replying me :).  I would like to know if it's possible to create a script for a "rainbow mode" for the panel dividers ? ( like the rainbow mode on a  rgb keyboard ( i know this is a bit stupid but help me please) ( i tried with a friend to make a lua code but we failed )

Thanks for reading me 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...