[WIP] [1.12.x] MOARdV's Avionics Systems - MAS Interactive IVA! (v1.3.7, 7 April 2023)

MOARdV

7 hours ago, x170doom said:

major issues with mechjeb integration. isnt behaving at all. before i start going through the process of troubleshooting might as well ask if there's a solution already found

It would be very helpful to know which version of MAS, and which version of MechJeb you're using.  For instance, MJ 2.8.2 included some changes that prevent MAS 0.94.0 and earlier from working communicating with it.

20 hours ago, MOARdV said:

It would be very helpful to know which version of MAS, and which version of MechJeb you're using.  For instance, MJ 2.8.2 included some changes that prevent MAS 0.94.0 and earlier from working communicating with it.

welp that's the problem then. mechjeb is 2.8.2 and mas is 0.93.2  ill downgrade mechjeb and see if that fixes things

8 hours ago, /not/pol/ said:

Is it possible to take a 2d Unity UI window and display it on a monitor? possibly even interact with it by assigning its buttons to a variable.

The UI window would need to be a texture (either itself a texture, or something that was drawn into a render texture) before MAS could display it.  I'd have to make some tweaks to MAS to allow it to see the texture, since the IMAGE node in a MAS monitor looks for a statically-defined texture in the game database.  Sending buttons events to it would require some additional extensions to MAS that I've got planned, but it might be a little while before I get them working.

On 2/16/2019 at 7:58 AM, MOARdV said:

The UI window would need to be a texture (either itself a texture, or something that was drawn into a render texture) before MAS could display it.  I'd have to make some tweaks to MAS to allow it to see the texture, since the IMAGE node in a MAS monitor looks for a statically-defined texture in the game database.  Sending buttons events to it would require some additional extensions to MAS that I've got planned, but it might be a little while before I get them working.

I was thinking more of displaying the UI objects instead of the ENTIRE window, border and all, either way what you said you've got planned sounds great, reason being is i realllllly want to take a crack at integrating BDA Radars into an IVA prop.

6 hours ago, /not/pol/ said:

I was thinking more of displaying the UI objects instead of the ENTIRE window, border and all, either way what you said you've got planned sounds great, reason being is i realllllly want to take a crack at integrating BDA Radars into an IVA prop.

Oh, well, for something like *that*, it may be simpler.  MAS supports the RPM system for allowing bridge functions.  These functions are part of the 'other' mod (BDA, in this case) that have a specific signature.  MAS can hand the bridge function a render texture, the bridge function draws on the render texture, and MAS displays the results.  This is how MAS (and RPM) can show SCANsat maps, and how the DPAI RPM monitor page works.  If BDA is already rendering its own texture for a radar display, it would probably be very simple for the mod to add a function that MAS could call with a render texture to get a copy of the radar view.

A few days later than planned, but MAS v0.95.0 is now available on GitHub.  A few more functions for IVA developers and some more functionality for the new IFMS MFD/Terminal system.  For players, this release is compatible with MechJeb 2.8.2.

3 hours ago, DanGSun said:

@MOARdV , can you explain, how to work with cameras API. I have a mod, Telemachus, and want to move cameras related features from RPM to MAS. Is there any documentation about interacting with cameras? Is it different from RPM? Thx a lot.

Yes, the MASCamera is different than RPM - it's all new code, and it puts camera control and shader effects on the camera, instead of the MFD.  The documentation is on the MAS wiki for configuring the camera.

As far as extracting the data, you have to subscribe to the camera's renderCallback event with a function that has the signature Action<RenderTexture, Material>.  When the camera is updated, you'll get a call to your callback with the render texture containing the camera's view and a Unity Material that contains the shader effects that should be applied.  An example of this is in MASPageCamera.

I'm not 100% sure the shader effects will work correctly outside of the IVA view - MAS shuts off components when the player leaves IVA to reduce wasted computation.

On 2/17/2019 at 3:35 PM, MOARdV said:

Oh, well, for something like *that*, it may be simpler.  MAS supports the RPM system for allowing bridge functions.  These functions are part of the 'other' mod (BDA, in this case) that have a specific signature.  MAS can hand the bridge function a render texture, the bridge function draws on the render texture, and MAS displays the results.  This is how MAS (and RPM) can show SCANsat maps, and how the DPAI RPM monitor page works.  If BDA is already rendering its own texture for a radar display, it would probably be very simple for the mod to add a function that MAS could call with a render texture to get a copy of the radar view.

Nice! will make the bombardiers position a by far more lifelike for the A-6 :D

Is there something special regarding the VOR/ILS senders? For my GPP installation I did an MM Patch to remove the Kerbal Stations and add the Gael Stations, but I can't pick them up, yet...

EDIT: Nevermind, edited MAS Config, flying in a RPM Cockpit... well... :D o.O

BR
JebsSY

Edited by Jebs_SY

Avionics Systems v0.95.1 is now available on GitHub.  This release adds a couple of small features for prop creators, some more updated props, and more progress on the IFMS MFD system.  The wiki has had a fairly substantive refresh, although I still have work to do.

For players, especially those new to MAS and enhanced IVA gameplay, there is now an Operations Manual for the Mk1 (Mercury-like) command pod.  This manual provides a tour of the controls, links to manuals for the complex controls (FDAI and DSKY), and a checklist for configuring the vessel for launch.

EDIT: And v0.95.2 is now available, too.  It contains a hotfix for a bug reported by an IVA developer that was supposed to have been in v0.95.1.  It is otherwise identical.

Edited by MOARdV

MAS v0.95.3 is now up at the usual place.  This one packs some more requested functions, it fixes a copy/paste/edit error I made in some IL generation code, and it packs a few more under-the-hood performance/memory optimizations.  I think there are some more IFMS MFD updates in it, as well - the IFMS is now far enough along that is has all the pages for launch, orbit, and landing.  As long as that's all the excitement you're looking for, it's got you covered. :cool:  (now I need to put it into an easily accessible IVA, not only the glass Apollo)

@MOARdV

Hey guys, I'm kind of new to KSP and its mods. After using RPM for some days now I stumbled over MAS and I'm blown away! Thank you MOARdV.

As you can imagine I encountered a problem I try to solve for around 20 hours now. I have installed the Mod manually like the installation guide tells, tested the MK 1 Cockpit IVA and it works fine, but when I switch to the MK 1 Command Pod I have a strange UI, with the new Cockpit Prop but the switches aren't toggable nor have they labels. https://imgur.com/RBZqui8

The Imgur link shows a screenshot. In addition I do not see the mentioned MAS settings button in the toolbar, so maybe I installed it the wrong way. But why is the MK 1 Cockpit then functional?

I have checked the dependencies of MAS and imho they are working fine, but I'm a player, not a IVA Maker. And if I'm understanding the documenations of MAS correct, for the MK 1 command Pod an IVA is included, right?

Here some Version informations

KSP 1.6.1.2401

ASET Props 1.5

ASET Avionics 2.1

RPM 0.30.6

RPM Core 0.30.6

Module Manager 4.0.2

RPM and MM was installed via CKAN

So, this is it. I would be really grateful if you guys could help me to get my IVA to a next level. Hope I profided enough information.

Best Regards,

FoxFishKilo

2 hours ago, FoxFishKilo said:

So, this is it. I would be really grateful if you guys could help me to get my IVA to a next level. Hope I profided enough information.

Welcome to the forum!

The imgur link shows the MAS IVA for the Mk1 Command Pod, but it looks like the MAS plugin is not installed.  Can you please provide logs (see the link in my signature for instructions).

23 hours ago, MOARdV said:

You can have both installed at the same time.

Thanks, I realize that's was not my questionning, which is if I can have your mod in conjunction with a ASET modded iva (like mk1 pod stock one). I assume it's not possible, right?

2 hours ago, MOARdV said:

Welcome to the forum!

The imgur link shows the MAS IVA for the Mk1 Command Pod, but it looks like the MAS plugin is not installed.  Can you please provide logs (see the link in my signature for instructions).

Thank you for the quick answer and the welcome.

Sorry for not providing the logs.

After I did some more searching for the error I realised, that I maybe unzipped the MAS File the wrong way. I just extracted the whole ZIP File into the KSP-Gamedata-Folder.  This is the log from this installation.

After realising the mistake, I extracted only the MOARdV-Folder out of the MAS-Zip-File into the KSP-Gamedata-Folder. Unfortunately this gets me rid of the MAS MK 1 Command Pod and leaves me with the stock Mk 1 Command Pod. Log can be found here.

Hope this can help, because I have no Idea whats the problem now. Thank you in advance.