[WIP] [1.12.x] MOARdV's Avionics Systems - MAS Interactive IVA! (v1.3.7, 7 April 2023)

MOARdV

4 hours ago, panarchist said:

Try removing  GameData/MOARdV/Patches/JsiToMasUpgrade.cfg - save it  somewhere outside KSP in case you need it again. That will likely resolve the issue, and Reviva won't fix that particular issue. Basically the old CRTs have to have the JSI props, and the JsiToMasUpgrade forcibly removes and replaces them with the MAS equivalents. Removing the upgrade file from MAS leaves those JSI items in place, and as long as RPM is also installed, those props should again work as expected.

Ah, that would explain it. In theory using ModuleManager magic, Reviva might be able to run after that and undo those changes just for the UltimateShuttle.

15 hours ago, panarchist said:

Try removing  GameData/MOARdV/Patches/JsiToMasUpgrade.cfg - save it  somewhere outside KSP in case you need it again. That will likely resolve the issue, and Reviva won't fix that particular issue. Basically the old CRTs have to have the JSI props, and the JsiToMasUpgrade forcibly removes and replaces them with the MAS equivalents. Removing the upgrade file from MAS leaves those JSI items in place, and as long as RPM is also installed, those props should again work as expected.

Is it posable to modify the patch to ignore the Ultimate Shuttle IVA files? 

22 hours ago, panarchist said:

still dead :(

1 hour ago, xD-FireStriker said:

still dead :(

Ok, let me try that on my test install. EDIT - nevermind, this is a different issue entirely. I didn't realize that Ultimate Shuttle has custom MAS CRTs. I'm going to take another look at this and see if there's anything I can figure out.

Edited by panarchist

I am not a programmer so I need some basic help with some stuff.

I chose an already made internal space in unity, added some props from MAS to it. Added a MAS module to the part. But I can't make some parts work:

- The panels work fine, the instrument light knob works well, you can increase and decrease instrument flight light.

- The flood light and engineer light knob  don't work at all (also the naming confuses me, what's with all those lighting types?) I have added both a prop and the knob.

- Chatterer doesn't work, I press PTT but nothing plays. GPWS doesn't play sounds either, both of this things are happening on already working IVA like CM Apollo in RO, so I don't know what could be causing it.

- How does adding a camera work? Adding a pilot seat is enough? or more configuration is required? How do you add a camera landing to the capsule? I am not sure I understand what to do with cameras if I decide to add more seats to an IVA.

I think basically the main question is: is adding props enough or those props require configs to work?

2 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

- The flood light and engineer light knob  don't work at all (also the naming confuses me, what's with all those lighting types?) I have added both a prop and the knob.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember having had trouble with those lights & knobs, awhile back, also.

- Chatterer doesn't work, I press PTT but nothing plays. GPWS doesn't play sounds either, both of this things are happening on already working IVA like CM Apollo in RO, so I don't know what could be causing it.

These could be something you are missing maybe on the support side from those mods. Maybe they had updates, that broke the MAS props for them, or maybe you are missing an MM patch that rounds out the functionality for them... either a patch included in MAS, *or*, moar likely one within those mods themsleves?... vOv
Just spitballing, here.

- How does adding a camera work? Adding a pilot seat is enough? or more configuration is required? How do you add a camera landing to the capsule? I am not sure I understand what to do with cameras if I decide to add more seats to an IVA.

It depensd on what kkind of "camera" you are talking about... there are actually many different types...
If you mean camera for a kerbal's view, that should work automatically with the seat transform (part of the seat prop), that tells the game where to spawn a kerbal.... the kerbal "eye/view" camera transform, is part of the spawned kerbal. (you *can* adjust the view a bit in the  IVA .cfg, but you dont need to "add" it, specifically)

If you mean cameras, for like, external views, for use in the screens, I'm not sure how that is done.

If you mean "window" cameras, like, if you are in IVA view, and you click on the inside of a cabin window, and it switches to 1st person view, looking out the window, you can add camera transforms close to the windows, in the IVA model.

I think basically the main question is: is adding props enough or those props require configs to work?

uhh... yes?.... the props need their *own* .cfgs to work... however, you generally do NOT have to do ANYTHING with them... You just "call" the prop in the IVA cfg.... in layman's terms, you basically do this with a PROP{} node... includes (generally), internal name of the prop, location, rotation, scale, that defines *where* it goes in the IVA... NOT, *how* it works... thats whats in the prop's cfg that you dont generally need to mess with

4 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember having had trouble with those lights & knobs, awhile back, also.

These could be something you are missing maybe on the support side from those mods. Maybe they had updates, that broke the MAS props for them, or maybe you are missing an MM patch that rounds out the functionality for them... either a patch included in MAS, *or*, moar likely one within those mods themsleves?... vOv
Just spitballing, here.

It depensd on what kkind of "camera" you are talking about... there are actually many different types...
If you mean camera for a kerbal's view, that should work automatically with the seat transform (part of the seat prop), that tells the game where to spawn a kerbal.... the kerbal "eye/view" camera transform, is part of the spawned kerbal. (you *can* adjust the view a bit in the  IVA .cfg, but you dont need to "add" it, specifically)

If you mean cameras, for like, external views, for use in the screens, I'm not sure how that is done.

If you mean "window" cameras, like, if you are in IVA view, and you click on the inside of a cabin window, and it switches to 1st person view, looking out the window, you can add camera transforms close to the windows, in the IVA model.

uhh... yes?.... the props need their *own* .cfgs to work... however, you generally do NOT have to do ANYTHING with them... You just "call" the prop in the IVA cfg.... in layman's terms, you basically do this with a PROP{} node... includes (generally), internal name of the prop, location, rotation, scale, that defines *where* it goes in the IVA... NOT, *how* it works... thats whats in the prop's cfg that you dont generally need to mess with

1º: About chatterer, I don't think it's an update, since the last time it was updated was 2020. Also the mod works just fine outside of IVA, it's just the PTT button that stopped working. And regarding GPSW I believe the audio files are on the ASET folder, so it should be MAS or JSI the one to call on those files.

2º: Cool to know, so every seat will automatically deal with the Kerbals view. Regarding that by the way, where do I change the FOV? On the internal IVA.cfg or in some general IVA config file? should I add a line of camera transform on the cfg? what's the rule for that?  There's also the whole rotate chair/elevate chair thingy but I think that requires more coding. Have you ever done that?

3º: Regarding other types of cameras, it would be nice to know how the landing camera works. Because when I am in docking mode, the camera on the screen works just fine. But when in landing mode, the camera is ALWAYS black. As if there's never a landing camera configured for any IVA's. Does the landing camera have to be added to the lander part? or can I make an external camera be selected as landing camera?

4º: It's good to know generally you don't need to add configs. Although I do have some doubts when looking at ALCOR cfg which even details sound files location for switches and stuff.

5º: Thank you for your fast response, really appreciate your answers.

Edited by Sesshaku

35 minutes ago, Sesshaku said:

2º: Cool to know, so every seat will automatically deal with the Kerbals view. Regarding that by the way, where do I change the FOV? On the internal IVA.cfg or in some general IVA config file? should I add a line of camera transform on the cfg? what's the rule for that?  There's also the whole rotate chair/elevate chair thingy but I think that requires more coding. Have you ever done that?

Can be changed in the InternalSeat module in the IVA cfg.
I know RPM can do it. Not sure if that has been transfered over to MAS?  Yup!... looks like MAS can, too

RPM:

Spoiler
JSISetInternalCameraFOV

There is no way to change the default field of view in IVA anywhere that I could find, while sometimes, the fisheye distortion introduced by the IVA camera is inappropriate. This module will take care of this problem, as well as other problems related to IVA cameras not being able to look where you need it to from where the kerbal is sitting, by letting you change the camera parameters that are otherwise inaccessible.

The module itself has no configuration parameters. Instead, these parameters are additional parameters to the configuration for the stock module InternalSeat -- every seat can have it's own set:

fov -- The base field of view. Defaults to 60 degrees. Notice that zooming in and out inside the IVA will still change this field of view.
    hideKerbal -- One of none, head, or all. Controls what parts of the Kerbal's IVA model are rendered while in that Kerbal's seat. head will cause the head to disappear, so the bulging eyes and face don't interfere with the view in IVA (this was default KSP behavior prior to KSP 1.1). none causes none of the Kerbal's model to disappear (this is default KSP behavior as of KSP 1.1, and it is the default setting for this module). all causes the entire Kerbal to disappear.
    maxRot -- The maximum rotation, defaults to 60 degrees. Rotation goes maxRot degrees in either direction.
    maxPitch,minPitch -- The maximum pitch defaults to 60 degrees, while the minimum defaults to -30 degrees.

Example usage:

MODULE
{
	name = JSISetInternalCameraFOV
}
MODULE
{
	name = InternalSeat
	seatTransformName = CenterSeat
	maxRot = 150
}

MAS: https://github.com/MOARdV/AvionicsSystems/wiki/MASFlightComputer#iva-camera-overrides

As to rotating the chair, you can do that *statically*, of course, by defining the rotation of the chair in the IVA seat PROP node.
If you mean, *while* in IVA, ASET has a SeatV3 prop only included in the ALCOR pod mod. Unfortunately, its part of the actual pod model, and not setup as a seperate prop (yet)
Funny you bring that up, as I'm working on splitting that out, as a seperate "mod", with a couple other interesting props I've found of ASET's that arent widely released.
I'm having trouble with getting the power seat buttons working on the seat.

As to the landing camera, I'm not sure. I suggest looking around the rest of that MAS link above. It *should* be in there?... I know I saw the external & docking cams mentioned when I scanned thru it

#4.... yeahhh.... theres some good stuff in there, that was integrated a bit differently than normal props.... Thats some of the stuff I am poking at. Depending on how much I get pulled out, & actually *working*, I may look into seeing if I can release it as sort of an ASET "Extended Props" package... vOv

#5... No problem. Thats why this is a community :)
Lots of great people here have helped *me* learn & figure stuff out over the years, so I'm always happy to try to help and pass along what i can.

OH!... also, may I suggest looking into a new ground-breaking IVA mod:

Not only is this great for switching IVAs in-game for play.... I've been using it for testing while building/moddifying IVAs.
Say, I have *several* things I want to change/add while building out an IVA... I make, like 3 or 4 copies of the IVA config (name them internally different of course).
Then I can make several different changes at once, amongst them.
Then in-game, I can flip between them to see the differences, or just be able to check completely different things all at once.
*WITHOUT HAVING TO RESTART & WAIT FOR THE GAME TO LOAD EVERY STINKING TIME!!!*
Save quit a bit of time... ;)

Edited by Stone Blue

10 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Can be changed in the InternalSeat module in the IVA cfg.
I know RPM can do it. Not sure if that has been transfered over to MAS?  Yup!... looks like MAS can, too

RPM:

Hide contents
JSISetInternalCameraFOV

There is no way to change the default field of view in IVA anywhere that I could find, while sometimes, the fisheye distortion introduced by the IVA camera is inappropriate. This module will take care of this problem, as well as other problems related to IVA cameras not being able to look where you need it to from where the kerbal is sitting, by letting you change the camera parameters that are otherwise inaccessible.

The module itself has no configuration parameters. Instead, these parameters are additional parameters to the configuration for the stock module InternalSeat -- every seat can have it's own set:

fov -- The base field of view. Defaults to 60 degrees. Notice that zooming in and out inside the IVA will still change this field of view.
    hideKerbal -- One of none, head, or all. Controls what parts of the Kerbal's IVA model are rendered while in that Kerbal's seat. head will cause the head to disappear, so the bulging eyes and face don't interfere with the view in IVA (this was default KSP behavior prior to KSP 1.1). none causes none of the Kerbal's model to disappear (this is default KSP behavior as of KSP 1.1, and it is the default setting for this module). all causes the entire Kerbal to disappear.
    maxRot -- The maximum rotation, defaults to 60 degrees. Rotation goes maxRot degrees in either direction.
    maxPitch,minPitch -- The maximum pitch defaults to 60 degrees, while the minimum defaults to -30 degrees.

Example usage:

MODULE
{
	name = JSISetInternalCameraFOV
}
MODULE
{
	name = InternalSeat
	seatTransformName = CenterSeat
	maxRot = 150
}

MAS: https://github.com/MOARdV/AvionicsSystems/wiki/MASFlightComputer#iva-camera-overrides

As to rotating the chair, you can do that *statically*, of course, by defining the rotation of the chair in the IVA seat PROP node.
If you mean, *while* in IVA, ASET has a SeatV3 prop only included in the ALCOR pod mod. Unfortunately, its part of the actual pod model, and not setup as a seperate prop (yet)
Funny you bring that up, as I'm working on splitting that out, as a seperate "mod", with a couple other interesting props I've found of ASET's that arent widely released.
I'm having trouble with getting the power seat buttons working on the seat.

As to the landing camera, I'm not sure. I suggest looking around the rest of that MAS link above. It *should* be in there?... I know I saw the external & docking cams mentioned when I scanned thru it

#4.... yeahhh.... theres some good stuff in there, that was integrated a bit differently than normal props.... Thats some of the stuff I am poking at. Depending on how much I get pulled out, & actually *working*, I may look into seeing if I can release it as sort of an ASET "Extended Props" package... vOv

#5... No problem. Thats why this is a community :)
Lots of great people here have helped *me* learn & figure stuff out over the years, so I'm always happy to try to help and pass along what i can.

OH!... also, may I suggest looking into a new ground-breaking IVA mod:

Not only is this great for switching IVAs in-game for play.... I've been using it for testing while building/moddifying IVAs.
Say, I have *several* things I want to change/add while building out an IVA... I make, like 3 or 4 copies of the IVA config (name them internally different of course).
Then I can make several different changes at once, amongst them.
Then in-game, I can flip between them to see the differences, or just be able to check completely different things all at once.
*WITHOUT HAVING TO RESTART & WAIT FOR THE GAME TO LOAD EVERY STINKING TIME!!!*
Save quit a bit of time... ;)

About changing the fov, the link you shared tells about the feature and limitations, but not about the code. Do I add a module called internal seat and specify a maxrot like in JSI or does MAS use a different syntax?

By the way, about the SASS integration with MAS. It seems that back in 2018 alexustas made it, but it never went public. It's unclear wether he managed to make the most important feature, which is to control pitch, yaw and roll while on surface mode.

Edited by Sesshaku

21 minutes ago, Sesshaku said:

About changing the fov, the link you shared tells about the feature and limitations, but not about the code. Do I add a module called internal seat and specify a maxrot like in JSI or does MAS use a different syntax?

The module that controls the kerbal camera FOV in MAS, is MASFlightComputer. You would just add the following keys (w/values), in that module. (For RPM example I posted above in the spoiler. I'm sure you saw that ;) )

maxRot - An optional variable that controls how far the IVA camera may pan (to either direction), in degrees.
minPitch - An optional variable that controls how far up the IVA camera may pitch, in degrees.
maxPitch - An optional variable that controls how far down the IVA camera may pitch, in degrees.

On the wiki page I linked to, if you look over to the column of links to the right, you'll see at the bottom, "MASCamera".... Thats the first MAS module detailed. Below that, you'll see "Show 33 more pages..." ... that will give you a list of all the rest of the modules in MAS, and instructions/details on how to use them, with all their respective available config keys.

If you're not too familiar with Github, its easy to miss that link ;)

As to the MFD props & ones with lots of code to operate them, I dont know if i could do anything with those. When it comes to the actual *code* under the hood to operate props, I am clueless. I can barely compile a .dll for KSP... add to that, MAS uses Lua, which is darkk magic to me... :P

18 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

OPT cockpit??... YES, PLEEZE!!

Trying to add Blueshift warp drive controls to this cockpit but no success yet.

At least I finished the IVA for Advanced Flanker from Nice MkSeries Body mod  by @Kernowden Kerbin
It has a night vision camera and a functional rear view mirror. The mirror was made by original mod authors as an RPM prop, I had to do lots of experiments to make it work on MAS.

EtIelIC.png

I was having some problems. I installed following mods: Reviva, MAS, RPM, the retro Mk1 Lander Can, and the fancy Mk1-2 Command Pod.

A.) While in the Mk-1 Command Pod (the retro-style controls) at some point I couldn't change the controls on the FDAI. I went to the tracking station and came back, and it worked again.

B.) But then I realized that the RDVZ button on the DSKY for the Mk1 Command Pod was not working. An error entry went to the log each time I pressed it, apparently.

C.) The more serious problem is that I experienced a game crash / hang when I docked two vessels together. I was in the Mk1 Lander Can (the one included in the other mod) and was docking to the retro -Mk1 Command Pod (as the latter has no docking utilities in its IVA). I had the X pointer and the docking camera turned on. When the docking happened, my game became unresponsive. I looked at the log, and it was spammed with thousands of copies of a block of error messages.

I have included the relevant log messages for problems B and C in the following pastebin: https://pastebin.com/GXB0VjnY

20 hours ago, Manul said:

Trying to add Blueshift warp drive controls to this cockpit but no success yet.

At least I finished the IVA for Advanced Flanker from Nice MkSeries Body mod  by @Kernowden Kerbin
It has a night vision camera and a functional rear view mirror. The mirror was made by original mod authors as an RPM prop, I had to do lots of experiments to make it work on MAS.

EtIelIC.png

I thought I'd imagined rear view mirrors. This is pretty Ace. I keep meaning to try NMB mod, now that's a given. Great job!

10 hours ago, minkar81002 said:

I was having some problems. I installed following mods: Reviva, MAS, RPM, the retro Mk1 Lander Can, and the fancy Mk1-2 Command Pod.

A.) While in the Mk-1 Command Pod (the retro-style controls) at some point I couldn't change the controls on the FDAI. I went to the tracking station and came back, and it worked again.

B.) But then I realized that the RDVZ button on the DSKY for the Mk1 Command Pod was not working. An error entry went to the log each time I pressed it, apparently.

C.) The more serious problem is that I experienced a game crash / hang when I docked two vessels together. I was in the Mk1 Lander Can (the one included in the other mod) and was docking to the retro -Mk1 Command Pod (as the latter has no docking utilities in its IVA). I had the X pointer and the docking camera turned on. When the docking happened, my game became unresponsive. I looked at the log, and it was spammed with thousands of copies of a block of error messages.

I have included the relevant log messages for problems B and C in the following pastebin: https://pastebin.com/GXB0VjnY

As the author of the Reviva mod, double check you have 0.72 - I'm sure you do. You. might also want to replicate this without it. Reviva is doing something that's a bit like open heart surgery with IVA. Doubt it's related, but I fixed bugs in it with docking in 0.71 (but that was due to using two exactly the same ships with different IVA).

From the logs the first two seem for an untrained eye to be easier to repro and probably fix.

The larger C) error looks like there's code in MAS to compute the closest approach to target dist/time using a solver - perhaps since your target craft after undocking is so close it's getting NaN, or the target setting is getting confused due to the undocking. If you can try without a target set, it'll probably not happen?

21 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

OPT cockpit??... YES, PLEEZE!!

You probably know, but the OPT J-HT has an IVA done by Vulkan included in MAS recently GameData/MOARdV/FlightSystems/MAS_JHT.cfg

It's rather ace. Vulkan also has some very excellent YouTube videos of only KSP IVA travels, and a decent set of kOS scripts (which I've not yet looked at).

For any other readers out there, skim back in my posts for links.

3 hours ago, 610yesnolovely said:

The larger C) error looks like there's code in MAS to compute the closest approach to target dist/time using a solver - perhaps since your target craft after undocking is so close it's getting NaN, or the target setting is getting confused due to the undocking. If you can try without a target set, it'll probably not happen?

Hello. It turns out that bugs B and C (the problem with pressing RNDZ and the crash upon docking) are related to one another. I have figured out how to replicate the hang/crash. Here is the save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qesqnd7y9jhzl2u/crash setup.sfs?dl=0 which has only 1 craft in the world.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a test world, copy "crash setup.sfs" into its save folder, and load into the save.
  2. Undock the two halves of the craft by right-clicking the Clamp-o-tron Jr. on top of the Lander Can. You are now controlling the command pod craft.
  3. Select the lander's docking port as  a target.
  4. Go into IVA and click the RNDZ button. Notice that this freezes the DSKY and produces an error in KSP.log.
  5. Press C to return from IVA and press ] to go over to the lander craft.
  6. Select the command pod's docking port as a target.
  7. Press ] to go back to the command pod craft or, alternatively, dock with it. The game will hang. The longer you wait to forcibly close KSP, the bigger the KSP.log file will become. I suppose that if you wait too long, you will fill your hard drive with one giant log file.

Note that if you perform step 4 but do not perform step 6, then: switching craft from the command pod craft, over to the lander craft, and back to the command pod craft causes there to be an error message which talks about a MAS initialization error, but it does not cause a crash/hang.

I checked and step 4 is necessary but not sufficient for a crash/hang. Step 6 is also necessary but not sufficient for a crash/hang. After much trial and error, I believe that the above steps are the minimum required to reproduce the crash.

I have also included my last KSP.log file. The log file is 26 MB but it compresses down to a 382 KB .zip file so I uploaded it as a .zip file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovrqike3kvocvtd/crash log.zip?dl=0

So, in conclusion, MAS's built-in Mk1 Command Pod retro IVA has a messed up DSKY, with the RNDZ button being broken. Do not press it. Separately, as I have described on the Reviva page, do not press the MAS Mk1 Command Pod's Recovery switch as this will also put your savegame into a broken state.

4 minutes ago, 610yesnolovely said:

Thanks for the detailed info. I will one day soon (TM) take a look at Reviva. Since I use MAS, I may try to work out a fix, I already got a MechJeb MAS bug fix accepted.

If you have time, could you try replicating the hang/crash using the steps I provided? I'm interested in finding out whether it can be replicated on other installations, either with tons of other mods like you have, or maybe with just MAS and its dependencies installed.

I made a clean reinstall of KSP RO and now I found two things:

I am still having trouble with the whole module config stuff. I want the ventilator animation to work, but I can't make it work. What exactly would be a way of making a config that makes the ventilator start with the ventilator knob prop? I also have a GPS indicator that doesn't seem to work either.

Edited by Sesshaku

On 4/8/2022 at 3:54 PM, 610yesnolovely said:

Thanks for the detailed info. I will one day soon (TM) take a look at Reviva. Since I use MAS, I may try to work out a fix, I already got a MechJeb MAS bug fix accepted.

On 4/8/2022 at 4:02 PM, minkar81002 said:

If you have time, could you try replicating the hang/crash using the steps I provided? I'm interested in finding out whether it can be replicated on other installations, either with tons of other mods like you have, or maybe with just MAS and its dependencies installed.

I've done some tests and I have determined the following:

1. the game crash/hang that I described above--which is caused by the broken RNDZ button in the MAS-included Mk1 Command Pod in conjunction with mutually-targeted docking ports and then switching vessels or docking--still occurs when Reviva, B9PartSwitch, and DE_IVAExtensions are all removed. So I can say pretty definitively that this is a bug caused specifically by MAS.

2. the broken interface system caused by pressing the Recovery switch in the MAS-included Mk1 Command Pod (what happens is that, after pressing the button at the KSP Launch Pad [and perhaps more locations], you are unable to click on most buildings and cannot even exit the game via the Esc menu) is also present with all those mods removed. So again I'm pretty sure that this is a problem specifically caused by MAS.

1 hour ago, minkar81002 said:

I've done some tests and I have determined the following:

1. the game crash/hang that I described above--which is caused by the broken RNDZ button in the MAS-included Mk1 Command Pod in conjunction with mutually-targeted docking ports and then switching vessels or docking--still occurs when Reviva, B9PartSwitch, and DE_IVAExtensions are all removed. So I can say pretty definitively that this is a bug caused specifically by MAS.

2. the broken interface system caused by pressing the Recovery switch in the MAS-included Mk1 Command Pod (what happens is that, after pressing the button at the KSP Launch Pad [and perhaps more locations], you are unable to click on most buildings and cannot even exit the game via the Esc menu) is also present with all those mods removed. So again I'm pretty sure that this is a problem specifically caused by MAS.

In number 2 case, did you tried CTRL+ALT+F12 and then "Clear Input Locks"? It usually lets you pick the building again, although I am not sure if that fixes the "can't use ESC button".

On 4/10/2022 at 3:02 PM, Sesshaku said:

In number 2 case, did you tried CTRL+ALT+F12 and then "Clear Input Locks"? It usually lets you pick the building again, although I am not sure if that fixes the "can't use ESC button".

I tried doing the Clear Input Locks and it didn't help. However, in looking at the debug console, I noticed that my KSP.log was being spammed by an error message:

[EXC 13:30:26.247] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Vessel.Update () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Here is a section of the log which starts when I click the Recovery switch in the MAS-included Mk1 Command Pod IVA:

Spoiler
[LOG 13:30:25.062] Loading Depletion Nodes
[LOG 13:30:25.062] DepNodeCount:  0
[LOG 13:30:25.062] Loading Biome Nodes
[LOG 13:30:25.062] BiomeNodeCount:  19
[LOG 13:30:25.062] Loading Planet Nodes
[LOG 13:30:25.062] PlanetNodeCount:  14
[ERR 13:30:25.137] [ScienceSubject] - Error in converting Situation InSpaceHigh_System.ArgumentException: Requested value 'InSpaceHigh_' was not found.
  at System.Enum+EnumResult.SetFailure (System.Enum+ParseFailureKind failure, System.String failureMessageID, System.Object failureMessageFormatArgument) [0x00023] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.Enum.TryParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String value, System.Boolean ignoreCase, System.Enum+EnumResult& parseResult) [0x0017a] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, System.Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00010] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at ScienceUtil.GenerateLocalizedTitle (System.String id, System.Boolean skipAsteroidsComets) [0x0019e] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 

[ERR 13:30:25.150] [ScienceSubject] - Error in converting Situation InSpaceLow_System.ArgumentException: Requested value 'InSpaceLow_' was not found.
  at System.Enum+EnumResult.SetFailure (System.Enum+ParseFailureKind failure, System.String failureMessageID, System.Object failureMessageFormatArgument) [0x00023] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.Enum.TryParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String value, System.Boolean ignoreCase, System.Enum+EnumResult& parseResult) [0x0017a] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, System.Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00010] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at ScienceUtil.GenerateLocalizedTitle (System.String id, System.Boolean skipAsteroidsComets) [0x0019e] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 

[LOG 13:30:25.274] [ScenarioDestructibles]: Loading... 0 objects registered
[LOG 13:30:25.275] [ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities]: Loading... 0 objects registered
[LOG 13:30:25.278] 4/12/2022 1:30:25 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,BaseLoadDone. Alarms Count (Should be 0):0
[LOG 13:30:25.278] 4/12/2022 1:30:25 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,No Alarms to Load
[LOG 13:30:25.278] 4/12/2022 1:30:25 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,ScenarioLoadDone. Alarms Count:0
[ERR 13:30:25.278] Cannot find a Module of typename 'DiscoverableObjects'

[ERR 13:30:25.278] ScenarioModule is null.

[ERR 13:30:25.281] Cannot find a Module of typename 'HallOfFameScenarioModule'

[ERR 13:30:25.282] ScenarioModule is null.

[LOG 13:30:25.282] GetSubclassesOfParentClass: Using cached results for AlarmTypeBase
[ERR 13:30:25.283] Cannot find a Module of typename 'UnloadedResources'

[ERR 13:30:25.283] ScenarioModule is null.

[ERR 13:30:25.283] Cannot find a Module of typename 'TacLifeSupport'

[ERR 13:30:25.283] ScenarioModule is null.

[LOG 13:30:25.284] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME KST: altitude = 160, horizon = 33258, h(DME) = 38801
[LOG 13:30:25.284] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME IFT: altitude = 182, horizon = 35461, h(DME) = 41371
[LOG 13:30:25.284] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME ESI: altitude = 1451, horizon = 100200, h(DME) = 116900
[LOG 13:30:25.284] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME ID04: altitude = 414, horizon = 53503, h(DME) = 62420
[LOG 13:30:25.284] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME Id05: altitude = 385, horizon = 51614, h(DME) = 60216
[LOG 13:30:25.284] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME Id06: altitude = 770, horizon = 72977, h(DME) = 85140
[LOG 13:30:25.284] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME Id07: altitude = 1467, horizon = 100771, h(DME) = 117566
[LOG 13:30:25.284] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME Id08: altitude = 276, horizon = 43703, h(DME) = 50987
[LOG 13:30:25.284] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME Id09: altitude = 760, horizon = 72501, h(DME) = 84585
[LOG 13:30:25.285] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME Id10: altitude = 854, horizon = 76843, h(DME) = 89650
[LOG 13:30:25.285] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME Id11: altitude = 2136, horizon = 121615, h(DME) = 141885
[LOG 13:30:25.285] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME Id12: altitude = 1335, horizon = 96122, h(DME) = 112143
[LOG 13:30:25.285] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME Id13: altitude = 889, horizon = 78418, h(DME) = 91487
[LOG 13:30:25.285] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME Id14: altitude = 1146, horizon = 89029, h(DME) = 103867
[LOG 13:30:25.285] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME Id15: altitude = 640, horizon = 66506, h(DME) = 77590
[LOG 13:30:25.285] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME Id16: altitude = 404, horizon = 52837, h(DME) = 61643
[LOG 13:30:25.285] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME Id17: altitude = 396, horizon = 52326, h(DME) = 61048
[LOG 13:30:25.285] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME Id18: altitude = 665, horizon = 67816, h(DME) = 79119
[LOG 13:30:25.285] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME Id19: altitude = 1003, horizon = 83286, h(DME) = 97167
[LOG 13:30:25.286] [NavAid] Updating VOR_DME Id20: altitude = 798, horizon = 74293, h(DME) = 86675
[LOG 13:30:25.286] [NavAid] Updating NDB_DME IWE: altitude = 72, horizon = 18640, h(DME) = 26096
[LOG 13:30:25.286] [NavAid] Updating NDB_DME IKW: altitude = 75, horizon = 18947, h(DME) = 26526
[LOG 13:30:25.286] [NavAid] Updating NDB_DME SCE: altitude = 753, horizon = 60140, h(DME) = 84197
[LOG 13:30:25.286] [NavAid] Updating NDB_DME IRW: altitude = 93, horizon = 21079, h(DME) = 29511
[LOG 13:30:25.286] [NavAid] Updating NDB_DME IRE: altitude = 104, horizon = 22339, h(DME) = 31275
[LOG 13:30:25.286] [NavAid] Updating NDB_DME Id03: altitude = 1039, horizon = 70651, h(DME) = 98911
[LOG 13:30:25.286] [NavAid] Updating NDB_DME Id04: altitude = 228, horizon = 33099, h(DME) = 46339
[LOG 13:30:25.286] [NavAid] Updating NDB_DME Id05: altitude = 2208, horizon = 103043, h(DME) = 144260
[LOG 13:30:25.286] [NavAid] Updating NDB_DME Id06: altitude = 543, horizon = 51043, h(DME) = 71460
[LOG 13:30:25.287] [NavAid] Updating NDB_DME Id07: altitude = 529, horizon = 50380, h(DME) = 70532
[LOG 13:30:25.287] [NavAid] Updating NDB_DME Id08: altitude = 636, horizon = 55249, h(DME) = 77349
[LOG 13:30:25.287] [NavAid] Updating NDB_DME Id09: altitude = 489, horizon = 48475, h(DME) = 67865
[LOG 13:30:25.287] [NavAid] Updating NDB_DME Id10: altitude = 514, horizon = 49682, h(DME) = 69554
[LOG 13:30:25.287] [NavAid] Updating NDB_DME Id11: altitude = 354, horizon = 41233, h(DME) = 57726
[LOG 13:30:25.287] [NavAid] Updating NDB_DME Id12: altitude = 762, horizon = 60493, h(DME) = 84690
[LOG 13:30:25.287] [NavAid] Updating ILS_DME IKW: altitude = 75, horizon = 18947, h(DME) = 26526
[LOG 13:30:25.287] [NavAid] Updating ILS_DME IWE: altitude = 72, horizon = 18640, h(DME) = 26096
[LOG 13:30:25.287] Loading Status Nodes
[LOG 13:30:25.288] StatNodeCount:  1
[LOG 13:30:25.288] Loading Vessel Nodes
[LOG 13:30:25.288] StatNodeCount:  2
[LOG 13:30:25.288] Loading Config
[LOG 13:30:25.288] StatNodeCount:  1
[LOG 13:30:25.291] Loading Kolony Nodes
[LOG 13:30:25.291] StatNodeCount:  0
[LOG 13:30:25.291] Loading logistics Nodes
[LOG 13:30:25.291] StatNodeCount:  0
[LOG 13:30:26.043] 4/12/2022 1:30:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Searching for RSS
[LOG 13:30:26.052] 4/12/2022 1:30:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Searching for KER
[LOG 13:30:26.052] 4/12/2022 1:30:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-KERWrapper,Attempting to Grab KER Types...
[LOG 13:30:26.060] 4/12/2022 1:30:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-KERWrapper,KER Version:1.1.9.0
[LOG 13:30:26.060] 4/12/2022 1:30:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-KERWrapper,Creating Wrapper Objects
[LOG 13:30:26.060] 4/12/2022 1:30:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-KERWrapper,p not NULL
[LOG 13:30:26.060] 4/12/2022 1:30:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-KERWrapper,BurnTimeProp Success: True
[LOG 13:30:26.060] 4/12/2022 1:30:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-KERWrapper,HalfBurnTimeProp Success: True
[LOG 13:30:26.061] 4/12/2022 1:30:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-KERWrapper,HasDeltaVProp Success: True
[LOG 13:30:26.061] 4/12/2022 1:30:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-KERWrapper,UpdateMethod Success: True
[LOG 13:30:26.061] 4/12/2022 1:30:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Successfully Hooked KER
[LOG 13:30:26.061] 4/12/2022 1:30:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Searching for VOID
[LOG 13:30:26.061] 4/12/2022 1:30:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-VOIDWrapper,Attempting to Grab VOID Types...
[EXC 13:30:26.112] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	FlightGlobals.get_ship_velocity () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
	FloatingOrigin.FixedUpdate () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
[EXC 13:30:26.141] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 13:30:26.148] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 13:30:26.151] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 13:30:26.154] 4/12/2022 1:30:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loading Textures
[LOG 13:30:26.221] 4/12/2022 1:30:26 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loaded Textures
[EXC 13:30:26.230] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	AmbienceControl.Update () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
[EXC 13:30:26.237] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 13:30:26.238] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 13:30:26.239] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 13:30:26.240] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 13:30:26.241] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 13:30:26.242] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 13:30:26.243] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 13:30:26.243] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 13:30:26.244] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object