[WIP] [1.12.x] MOARdV's Avionics Systems - MAS Interactive IVA! (v1.3.7, 7 April 2023)

MOARdV

13 hours ago, RurouniDonut said:

So, I'm trying to figure out how to add a lot of stuff from here, like panels and etc. I'm completely stumped. Any ideas on how I can get started?

Add, like, what? ... make your own IVA?

Edit an existing IVA?

Welp, I managed to replace the RPM screens in the Probe Control Room mod with MAS ones but, they're not working correctly. I'm not sure why. The screens have displays on them but, they won't respond if you click any of the buttons at all unfortunately. @MOARdV

Edited by RurouniDonut

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !

After not being online for few months. I want take time to work on IVA. Maybe it is not the right thread ? 

I have installed Unity 2019.2.2 and PartTools and old free TMPro but seems don't work :

Assembly 'Assets/Plugins/KSPAssets/KSPAssetCompiler.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
Unable to resolve reference 'TextMeshPro-2017.1-1.0.56-Runtime'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?

If someone can help me ? Thanks

PS I hope I don't flood your thread, I can delete.

Edit : I have found a solution with other members :P

Edit 2 : When I import an IVA space like MAS_Mk1-3 in Unity, all props are deleted. Yet props are in the cfg and in game, props works. I have a format exception message in Unity

Edited by Max-Ksp

Small Problem

When loading the mod during KSP bootup the loading bar gets stuck on MAS_ALCOR_MFD1.cfg. Loading seems to pause indefinitely. Are there any mod conflicts I should be aware of or is this a common problem with 1.9?

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

P.S. To avoid breaking the MFD I haven't tried removing the file.

Edited by Shantaboy
clarification to language of the post

On 4/7/2020 at 5:34 AM, Shantaboy said:

Small Problem

When loading the mod during KSP bootup the loading bar gets stuck on MAS_ALCOR_MFD1.cfg. Loading seems to pause indefinitely. Are there any mod conflicts I should be aware of or is this a common problem with 1.9?

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

P.S. To avoid breaking the MFD I haven't tried removing the file.

There's a link in my sig for "how to get help".  Specifically, I need to see the ksp.log file from a game session that hangs.  That may provide a clue as to why the game is hanging.

I have barely touched 1.9.x - I think I spent enough time to verify that the game loads and MAS more-or-less works.  There's at least one known issue in 1.9 on Windows: cameras don't work quite right because Squad changed their flight camera setup, and I haven't had the motivation to hack a work-around into the code.

5 hours ago, MOARdV said:

There's a link in my sig for "how to get help".  Specifically, I need to see the ksp.log file from a game session that hangs.  That may provide a clue as to why the game is hanging.

I have barely touched 1.9.x - I think I spent enough time to verify that the game loads and MAS more-or-less works.  There's at least one known issue in 1.9 on Windows: cameras don't work quite right because Squad changed their flight camera setup, and I haven't had the motivation to hack a work-around into the code.

I've used MAS a fair amount in 1.9.x, and other than the issue you describe, I haven't seen any problems with the stock IVAs provided, or any functionality issues. Probably put in about 8 hours of gameplay on that, so I may not have covered everything, but the basics all seem to be just fine in 1.9.1.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@davidy12 that log seems to be just a huge, unformatted wall of text, and basically unreadable.

Also, 8mb for a ksp log *is* pretty big... Are there tons of repeating EXCEPTIONS or NULLREFS near the end of it?

Also, it looks like you may have a couple different instances of MiniAVC installed. I would definately uninstall those. MiniAVC has been discontinnued since 1.8.0, due to causing TONS of issues, as stated in its release thread.

Edited by Stone Blue

45 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

@davidy12 that log seems to be just a huge, unformatted wall of text, and basically unreadable.

Also, 8mb for a ksp log *is* pretty big... Are there tons of repeating EXCEPTIONS or NULLREFS near the end of it?

Also, it looks like you may have a couple different instances of MiniAVC installed. I would definately uninstall those. MiniAVC has been discontinnued since 1.8.0, due to causing TONS of issues, as stated in its release thread.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/io5chbpmgdg2nuy/KSP.log?dl=0

Deleted AVC, and still had the same bug. Here's a more recent log.

Spoiler

0wSlE1N.png

I think this area in the log explains part of it. Getting a LOT of errors and cautions

1 hour ago, davidy12 said:

I think this area in the log explains part of it. Getting a LOT of errors and cautions

There are so many untrapped exceptions and errors in that log prior to getting to the flight scene, I'm not surprised MAS is failing.  You've got one or more mods that are causing all sorts of problems, and it's preventing other mods from working correctly - PersistentThrust shows up repeatedly, for example.  Sorry, but until the other exceptions are resolved, I can't do anything with this log.  I am able to load and run MAS in 1.8.1 and later, so there's something in your installation that's preventing MAS from configuring.

47 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

There are so many untrapped exceptions and errors in that log prior to getting to the flight scene, I'm not surprised MAS is failing.  You've got one or more mods that are causing all sorts of problems, and it's preventing other mods from working correctly - PersistentThrust shows up repeatedly, for example.  Sorry, but until the other exceptions are resolved, I can't do anything with this log.  I am able to load and run MAS in 1.8.1 and later, so there's something in your installation that's preventing MAS from configuring.

Got it.

28 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Okay, I deleted Persistent thrust. Now the log is 

This is going to sound random -- where are you launching from?  One of the stock launch sites (if so, which one)?  Or a mod's launch site?

I am hoping to get a MAS update out SoonTM that may help figure out why MAS is unhappy with your setup.  You've still got exceptions firing from other mods, but the specific MAS error that's triggering everything else is very odd.

22 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

This is going to sound random -- where are you launching from?  One of the stock launch sites (if so, which one)?  Or a mod's launch site?

I am hoping to get a MAS update out SoonTM that may help figure out why MAS is unhappy with your setup.  You've still got exceptions firing from other mods, but the specific MAS error that's triggering everything else is very odd.

It's a Mod Launch site. How could that interfere?

35 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

It's a Mod Launch site. How could that interfere?

The MAS navigation module tries to fetch the localized name of the launch site (either a LaunchSite.launchSiteName or a SpaceCenterFacility.facilityDisplayName).  if that's not configured the way I expect, then MAS generates an NRE that causes the main MAS module to fail to configure correctly.

Which mod is it?  I'd like to see if I can tweak MAS so it shows the launch site name.

TL;DR: It is indeed a MAS bug.

37 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

The MAS navigation module tries to fetch the localized name of the launch site (either a LaunchSite.launchSiteName or a SpaceCenterFacility.facilityDisplayName).  if that's not configured the way I expect, then MAS generates an NRE that causes the main MAS module to fail to configure correctly.

Which mod is it?  I'd like to see if I can tweak MAS so it shows the launch site name.

TL;DR: It is indeed a MAS bug.

Tundra launch sites. Namely KSC redux

Edited by davidy12