Jump to content

[WIP] [1.12.3] MOARdV's Avionics Systems - MAS Interactive IVA! (v1.3.5, 10 September 2022)


MOARdV
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, ElonsMusk said:

ASET mods work fine up to and perhaps including 11.2. I am using ALCOR capsule still for crying out loud, lol. It can be a little finicky at times but if it isn't working you've done something wrong.

 1.7 props will have no issues in 1.11, ensure you're using the proper RasterProp files that correspond to your desired monitors. For me, I broke the BasicMFD on purpose to replace it with ALCOR40x20 because I prefer it's camera interaction.

 

TL;DR Carefully check through your install process, 1.7 props should have no issues in 1.11

Thank you, but reinstalling KSP fixed the issue...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, DirtyFace83 said:

Is the Yarbrough Pod stuff still current/working?

I removed the Yarborough IVA about 3 years ago, since the pod hadn't been updated in a long, long time.  If you download an old version of MAS and extract only the Mk1-2 IVA files to use with a current version of MAS, it *may* work, but I can not promise that it will.  If I ever have the time to work on IVAs again, I may try to update the Yarborough pod IVA, since it was one of the better designs for IVA that I've found.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MOARdV said:

I removed the Yarborough IVA about 3 years ago, since the pod hadn't been updated in a long, long time.  If you download an old version of MAS and extract only the Mk1-2 IVA files to use with a current version of MAS, it *may* work, but I can not promise that it will.  If I ever have the time to work on IVAs again, I may try to update the Yarborough pod IVA, since it was one of the better designs for IVA that I've found.

Thanks for the reply.  Thought I'd ask since you appear to be the last modder to do anything with it.

Yea, I did some digging and found the internals on github (v0.9, if memory serves) and did some basic tinkering, but although the pod works, and the IVA appears to be basically functional, windows and kerbals in right places etc, the hatch is blocked.

If you ever get around to it, great!

If I make any progress with my tinkering in the meantime, I'll let you know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @MOARdV ,
I'm playing in JNSQ planet pack, and I tried to do a small patch similar to the one for GPP provided by MAS to apply to correct map of the home planet (in JNSQ it's still Kerbin, but the actual terrain/map is changed) to the MAS monitors.

I tried to follow striclty the "template" from your GPP patch, made the map with the same file extension, size, and depth resolution as GPP and stock kerbin_map_sat but it doesn't work,as you can see below (IVA is from ulitmate shuttle IVA mod) :

 

Spoiler

gR4naU6.png

here's what the map should look like :

nmuuMuy.png

So here's the patch :

@PROP[MAS_ASET_IMP]:NEEDS[JNSQ]
{
	@MODEL
	{
		@texture = IMP_diffuse,ASET/ASET_Props/Instruments/ASET_IMP/IMP_diffuse
		@texture = map_Kerbin_sat,MOARdV/Patches/JNSQ/map_JNSQ_sat
	}
}


I must be missing something !

I could really appreciate your help, and in the end  I first intented to propose you to include it in MAS release so users can enjoy it too. (but I'm dumb at github) So below you can find a  link with the JNSQ folder I made, with the .cfg and the .png inside so you can poke around to see what I did wrong, and maybe add it to MAS ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wO_Q-qMJcCNcK1j5Mw9hMpuJb6U5Y4Zs/view?usp=sharing

That would be awesome ! :)

 

Thanks again for all your work !
Kurg

Edited by kurgut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@kurgut I took a quick look, and couldnt spot anything obvious.
Altho, and I know the GPP patch has it, but I am confused as to why the diffuse texture is being replaced, with what seems to be exactly the same texture, in the same location?

Maybe try deleting that first texture line from your patch, and try it? vOv

Also, are you getting any errors or warnings in your KSP.log related to this? first section is texture loading, then model loading, then cfg compiling, where it puts everything together... an error/warning for any of those three things for this prop, *could* keep it from working properly.
Also, you might be able to find that prop listed in the MM cache file...what is in there for it, is what the game sees the prop as...you can confirm whether the patch is being applied or not. if not, look in the MM log (/KSP_<install>/Logs/), to see moar details on why the patch might not be applying.

If everything above is good, but still doesnt work, then yeah, it must be something internal to MAS.

Edited by Stone Blue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, kurgut said:

I must be missing something !

That patch is only going to replace the 'map' on the Globus / IMP instrument (the device that's based on the old Soyuz IMP), unfortunately.

The MFDs are all 'hardcoded' to use the Kerbin map.

I think a patch for the MFDs would look something like

MAS_PAGE:NEEDS[JNSQ]
{
    @IMAGE,*:HAS[ (this part I don't remember how to write - I haven't written fancy patches in a LONG time) ]
    {
        @texture=MOARdV/Patches/JNSQ/map_JNSQ_sat
    }
}

Obviously, the important part of that patch is the part I don't remember how to write. :(  It needs to select all IMAGE nodes that contain "texture=ASET/ASET_Props/Instruments/ASET_IMP/map_Kerbin_sat" and replace it with the path to the JNSQ map.

What I really should have done is make the MFD map configurable in the flight computer modules.  Maybe when I can get back to modding again, I can address that ... Hmm, I better write up the issue on GitHub so I don't forget.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MAS v1.2.3 is now available on GitHub.  This release adds many new ASET Avionics props courtesy GitHub user vulkans22, a new example IVA for the OPT-J HT cockpit (also by vulkans22), and a handful of prop config fixes.  As of this update, there are a few ASET Avionics props that need converted to MAS.  There are still a lot of ASET Props that need updated, and a couple of MFDs.

The DLL version was updated, but there are no functional changes to it - this release is primarily so IVA developers have access to more MAS-enabled ASET props.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, MOARdV said:

MAS v1.2.3 is now available on GitHub.  This release adds many new ASET Avionics props courtesy GitHub user vulkans22, a new example IVA for the OPT-J HT cockpit (also by vulkans22), and a handful of prop config fixes.  As of this update, there are a few ASET Avionics props that need converted to MAS.  There are still a lot of ASET Props that need updated, and a couple of MFDs.

The DLL version was updated, but there are no functional changes to it - this release is primarily so IVA developers have access to more MAS-enabled ASET props.

Vulkan also has a bunch of Youtube videos on his channel showing off IVA flights and the OPT J-HT3 cockpit using MAS, worth watching if you're one of the 22 people who like flying in IVA view.

 

Edited by 610yesnolovely
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/23/2021 at 12:46 PM, nukeboyt said:

I don't understand why IVA flying isn't more popular than it is.   Quite challenging, and IMHO, more "realistic" :o

Me neither. It's awesome.

My only problem with Vulkan's awesome cockpit is that he loves SSTO, while i'm more of a multistages capsule reentry kind of guy. So it's really hard for me to design something with that cabin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okey, so this new upgrade somehow broke my Vulcan OPT-J IVA cabin. It's the classic "black screen" on display+the message avionic systems error check logs. So my question is, where do I read the MOARdv's logs?

I suspect there's probably a conflict between the vulcan cabin and the update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

So my question is, where do I read the MOARdv's logs?

On Windows, at least, it's a file called KSP.log next to the .exe that launches the game (one directory level above the GameData directory).  IIRC, there's a link in my sig to the forum post about where to find it.  If you can put that text file on a file sharing site and give me a link, I'll be able to dig through it and see what's going on.

Where did you get the OPT-J IVA cabin?  I wasn't aware that the IVA was released outside of the one included in the vulkans's pull request.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2021 at 5:59 PM, ElonsMusk said:

There are literally a *dozen and a half* of us!!

There's probably more like a few hundred - a lot of users never post to the forum, and not everyone who does calls attention to things like IVA. I love IVA flying, but I don't always do it - depends on if I am going for immersion, or simplicity. I wish it were easier to create IVAs, because I'd love to have IVAs on all my cockpits that don't have them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2021 at 9:32 AM, MOARdV said:

On Windows, at least, it's a file called KSP.log next to the .exe that launches the game (one directory level above the GameData directory).  IIRC, there's a link in my sig to the forum post about where to find it.  If you can put that text file on a file sharing site and give me a link, I'll be able to dig through it and see what's going on.

Where did you get the OPT-J IVA cabin?  I wasn't aware that the IVA was released outside of the one included in the vulkans's pull request.

Honestly? I don't remember. I think it was a link provided by him in one youtube video. I downloaded it a while ago. I don't even remember the folder name. But my guess is that's what causing trouble with AvSys

I think it was this one. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bTBRcijrKndjH15VB9cpcIxtsYqOh7Yw/edit

 

Taken from here

 

Edited by Sesshaku
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

Honestly? I don't remember. I think it was a link provided by him in one youtube video. I downloaded it a while ago. I don't even remember the folder name. But my guess is that's what causing trouble with AvSys
 

That's likely the problem, then.  The PR he provided with the props included an IVA, so they may be colliding with each other.  Without a log, though, all I can do is speculate. 

The other things you could do are remove either the IVA config patch you already have or the one that's included in MAS for that cockpit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2021 at 9:26 AM, MOARdV said:

That's likely the problem, then.  The PR he provided with the props included an IVA, so they may be colliding with each other.  Without a log, though, all I can do is speculate. 

The other things you could do are remove either the IVA config patch you already have or the one that's included in MAS for that cockpit.

Will do. Thank you.

However, just in case you want to check the problem, or even make your own converted version of Vulkan's IVA into the newer MAS version.

I leave the LOG to you. Couldn't figure out what the problem was. I'll just delete Vulkan's I guess.

Edited by Sesshaku
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

Couldn't figure out what the problem was.

There are a couple of problems MAS is having.  One is a config file problem that is easy for me to fix.  The other is an exception firing when MAS is trying to initialize the IVA, and I don't know what's going on there.  It will take me a day or two to have time to make changes to suppress the exception.

You've got several other mods in your collection that are not playing nicely.  There are other exceptions and errors, so even with my changes, you may still see some bad behavior.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@MOARdV - FYI, if anyone complains about Wild Blue's Heisenberg IVAs not working, it's due to the JSI HUDs being replaced by the recent patch. Renaming the patch file as you detailed in the release notes fixes the issue. (for all 12 of us using JSI / ASET / MAS props simultaneously) ;-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey! I recently started making IVAs but there are some things that are still not very clear to me. First, how do you get the interior lights to work? I can see that they light up when I press the button, but they don't light up at all. And secondly, I saw in a video from Vulkan that he was pushing a button to turn on the screens and buttons, how am I supposed to do that? (sorry for my english, i use google translate)

 

Edited by warp_08
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, warp_08 said:

Hey! I recently started making IVAs but there are some things that are still not very clear to me. First, how do you get the interior lights to work? I can see that they light up when I press the button, but they don't light up at all. And secondly, I saw in a video from Vulkan that he was pushing a button to turn on the screens and buttons, how am I supposed to do that?

Interior lights are tricky.  You have to inspect the IVA model (there is a mod called DebugTools that can do that in the game) to locate the transforms that have the interior lights.  Once you identify the light's transform, you would have to look at the prop configs for interior light controls to find one that controls that transform.  If the prop does not exist, you will have to create a new prop, which is as easy as copying an existing interior light control, giving it a new name, and changing its interior light transform.

I have not used the Vulkan IVA, so I am not sure what that switch was that turned on the screens.  It may be a power switch that turns on generators.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MOARdV said:

I have not used the Vulkan IVA, so I am not sure what that switch was that turned on the screens.  It may be a power switch that turns on generators.

i searched through the CFG of the Vulkan IVA and it seems to toggle the MAS_swTumbler_V2_Battery and then the MAS_swTumbler_V2_MainBus, are these switches used for that?

EDIT : i found it 

Spoiler


        name = MASFlightComputer
        requiresPower = true
        gLimit = 6.7
        baseDisruptionChance = 0.10
        powerOnVariable = fc.GetPersistentAsNumber("MAS_Battery_State") and fc.GetPersistentAsNumber("MAS_MainBus_State")

 

Edited by warp_08
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

is it possible to modify the position and orientation of the kerbals on already existing pods, let me explain: I am creating an IVA for a Near Future Spacecraft cockpit, but I find that the seats are not high enough, is it possible to change that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...