[WIP] [1.12.x] MOARdV's Avionics Systems - MAS Interactive IVA! (v1.3.7, 7 April 2023)

MOARdV

On 3/28/2022 at 8:42 PM, Sesshaku said:

2º: I remember the Alcor IVA had the option to turn cabin lights out, and play in some sort of "night mode". I want to add that feature to one of the IVAs, I found the "adjust light" prop, but I am guessing there is a need for a specific MAS module to be used as light source. The IVA has a fixed directional light that doesn't interact with the prop.

Many / most IVAs have lights built into them.  Your best bet for the first prop to try is MAS_rheo_GenericIntLight - that should allow you to adjust all of the built-in lighting in the IVA.  There are other interior lighting switches that can control specific lights in certain IVAs, but they require that the IVA's light have a specific name.

I'm hoping I can find some time to release an official 1.12.x version of MAS.  The main problem I have is that I've migrated to a new PC, and I don't have all of the Unity and Part Tools stuff installed to throw together a test IVA, so I am going to be limited in how thoroughly I can test things.

21 hours ago, MOARdV said:

Many / most IVAs have lights built into them.  Your best bet for the first prop to try is MAS_rheo_GenericIntLight - that should allow you to adjust all of the built-in lighting in the IVA.  There are other interior lighting switches that can control specific lights in certain IVAs, but they require that the IVA's light have a specific name.

I'm hoping I can find some time to release an official 1.12.x version of MAS.  The main problem I have is that I've migrated to a new PC, and I don't have all of the Unity and Part Tools stuff installed to throw together a test IVA, so I am going to be limited in how thoroughly I can test things.

Could you specify it a bit more? I'm new on all this unity editing stuff and I am definitely having trouble with lights. I added a bunch of MAS lights props, and a bunch of MAS pb_lights type, but none of them seem to work.

I did find one light pb that does seem to interact with the MU light source, but I still can't find any prop that can turn on and off the MAS light props I test. So that part of "they require that the IVA's light have a specific name" caughts my attention. What does that mean? I need to change the name of the prop in unity? wouldn't that ruin the id of the prop in the cfg?

EDIT: Congrats on your new pc, always nice to have a new piece of hardware. If there's any way we can help you test stuff just tells us what to do.

Edited by Sesshaku

1 hour ago, Sesshaku said:

Could you specify it a bit more?

Sure.  Hopefully, this isn't too long-winded (my philosophy degree interferes with my ability to be succinct, sometimes. :P )

There are two ways to illuminate an IVA.  The first way, which is what most IVAs do, is to include one or more lights in the IVA model (a built-in light).  I believe all of the stock IVAs do this.  MAS can control those lights using props such as the MAS_rheo_GenericIntLight, which is a knob that can adjust the brightness of all built-in IVA lights.  Some IVAs will include multiple lights with different transform names.  For some of those IVAs, I've created switches / dimmer knobs that can control specific lights.  For instance, the KP0110 IVA had three separate lights, and MAS has push button controls for each of them.

The trick with the IVA lights is that if you want to control them individually, you need to find the names of the light transforms so you can create props to control them.  That's why I created the generic rheostat for interior lights - it is supposed to find all lights and control them without you needing to find the names of the built-in light transforms.

The second way to illuminate an IVA is to use the ASET light props and their corresponding controls.  There are several of these props.  All of them start with MAS_Internal, followed by the light type (OmniLight for omnidirectional, and SpotLight for the spot lights), followed by the range of the light (1, 2, or 3 meters).  These props also have the light control name - CP01, CP02, Engineer, Flood, etc.  These control names allow different lights to be controlled by different switches.  There are corresponding rheostat dimmer switches for these props - MAS_rheo_LeftCabinLight will control any MAS_Internal light with LeftCabin in its name, for instance.

However, it looks like some of the switches may have been misconfigured, so some may not work correctly (the joy of converting hundreds of config files - errors are easy to make and hard to notice until later).  The 1m left cabin, right cabin, and upper cabin lights are correctly configured.

As far as helping test - what I need are bug reports, especially once I get an official 1.12.3 version of MAS out.  The mod is already to complex for me to test all of the features, so having people with different play styles and interests will cover ground more effectively.

What I desperately need to do first is set up a stock IVA with some touch-screen MFDs.  I made touch screens possible a couple of years ago, but I've never finished an MFD that supports it.

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

Sure.  Hopefully, this isn't too long-winded (my philosophy degree interferes with my ability to be succinct, sometimes. :P )

There are two ways to illuminate an IVA.  The first way, which is what most IVAs do, is to include one or more lights in the IVA model (a built-in light).  I believe all of the stock IVAs do this.  MAS can control those lights using props such as the MAS_rheo_GenericIntLight, which is a knob that can adjust the brightness of all built-in IVA lights.  Some IVAs will include multiple lights with different transform names.  For some of those IVAs, I've created switches / dimmer knobs that can control specific lights.  For instance, the KP0110 IVA had three separate lights, and MAS has push button controls for each of them.

The trick with the IVA lights is that if you want to control them individually, you need to find the names of the light transforms so you can create props to control them.  That's why I created the generic rheostat for interior lights - it is supposed to find all lights and control them without you needing to find the names of the built-in light transforms.

The second way to illuminate an IVA is to use the ASET light props and their corresponding controls.  There are several of these props.  All of them start with MAS_Internal, followed by the light type (OmniLight for omnidirectional, and SpotLight for the spot lights), followed by the range of the light (1, 2, or 3 meters).  These props also have the light control name - CP01, CP02, Engineer, Flood, etc.  These control names allow different lights to be controlled by different switches.  There are corresponding rheostat dimmer switches for these props - MAS_rheo_LeftCabinLight will control any MAS_Internal light with LeftCabin in its name, for instance.

However, it looks like some of the switches may have been misconfigured, so some may not work correctly (the joy of converting hundreds of config files - errors are easy to make and hard to notice until later).  The 1m left cabin, right cabin, and upper cabin lights are correctly configured.

As far as helping test - what I need are bug reports, especially once I get an official 1.12.3 version of MAS out.  The mod is already to complex for me to test all of the features, so having people with different play styles and interests will cover ground more effectively.

What I desperately need to do first is set up a stock IVA with some touch-screen MFDs.  I made touch screens possible a couple of years ago, but I've never finished an MFD that supports it.

Well by trial and error I did put a touch screen MFD on one of my avionics, but ended up replacing because it didn't function properly. I guess that's the explanation for that one. If I remember correctly I could use some features, but others would do nothing, I think you could use the navball, but where unable to use the orbit+map feature, something like that.

Regarding bug reports I sadly don't have one now, I'll keep an eye for logs when something's wrong.  What I can remember though:

- I once pushed a RADAR button while landed to see what it did, and it crashed the game

- I am having trouble with newer versions of Mechjeb getting recognized by MFD

I made some quick tests.

First: the rhea you said works, the cabin starts dark, and the knob let's me turn it on and off, there button version works fine too. Also for some reason the MU lights are always "on" texture wise, which is annoying and I should try changing that but everytime I use blender on the gemini MU file I end up creating a larger file when exporting it and can't fix that, anyway, not a Moardv problem.

Second: The 1m omnilights knob work for left cabin, right cabin and upper cabin.

Third: I made I mistake and still have to try if the 1,2 and 3 meter flood lights work with the flood knob, I'll edit this post when it's done testing. I also added a "flapjack cockpit" knob, but no idea what it does, didn't find a light with that name

Fourth: I have a bunch of different MFD installed, the orangey one, the modern one, and the one that is modern but kind of rectangular. In all of them but the latter vessell view works fine, in the latter neither vessell nor orbit+map work, I don't know why.

Fifth: The extra cameras and pod cameras "next" "previous" buttons don't appear to work on ONE of the MFD panels, but do on the others.

Here's a list of all the lighty thingies I'm currently testing

Here's a link that shows vessel viewer not working in just one of the MFD (the one below in the middle that shows a black screen) Just to clarify, the one on the left seat is "a modern one" and the one in the middle of the cabin but on a 90º angle is the same as on the right cabin, the one that's more "old school" orangey.

The 1m left and right cabin working fine. The 1m upper cabin working fine.

Now I'll edit this post once I tried the flood ones that I have on place.  Just to be clear I'm gonna test

- 1,2,3 m flood light

- "MAS_LightBox_Flood"

EDIT:  @MOARdV  "I can confirm" that the Flood lights don't work. None of them. Not the 1m, not the 2m, not the 3m and not the Lightbox_flood. At least not with the rhea flood knob that you can see on the first link.

I leave a video for convenience.

Edited by Sesshaku

3 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

I made some quick tests.

Thank you! This is all extremely helpful.

A few things I already have an answer for -

First, as you've already noted, MU lights do not dim.  That's an unfortunate side-effect of them being a MU light.  I have not figured out how to make the emissive change on only those light models.

The Flapjack Cockpit is for Angel-125's flying saucer mod - it's a bespoke control.  That's true of the SH02 controls, as well, IIRC.

The MFDs are a bit complex - MFD1 and MFD2 (the one in front of the crew, and on the left panel) are MAS-native MFDs.  The other two MFDs (the one on the right seat and the one on the floor) are MAS conversions of the RPM MFDs.  I thought I had both of them completely converted, but it looks like some of the pages aren't working right.

You've confirmed that some of the light controls aren't working.  I'll go through them and see if I can fix them soon-ish.

EDIT: Actually, the MFD on the right seat looks like it may also be MFD1.  Either way, there should be two MFDs derived from RPM, and the others are MAS originals

Edited by MOARdV

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

Thank you! This is all extremely helpful.

A few things I already have an answer for -

First, as you've already noted, MU lights do not dim.  That's an unfortunate side-effect of them being a MU light.  I have not figured out how to make the emissive change on only those light models.

The Flapjack Cockpit is for Angel-125's flying saucer mod - it's a bespoke control.  That's true of the SH02 controls, as well, IIRC.

The MFDs are a bit complex - MFD1 and MFD2 (the one in front of the crew, and on the left panel) are MAS-native MFDs.  The other two MFDs (the one on the right seat and the one on the floor) are MAS conversions of the RPM MFDs.  I thought I had both of them completely converted, but it looks like some of the pages aren't working right.

You've confirmed that some of the light controls aren't working.  I'll go through them and see if I can fix them soon-ish.

EDIT: Actually, the MFD on the right seat looks like it may also be MFD1.  Either way, there should be two MFDs derived from RPM, and the others are MAS originals

I can confirm that the MFD on the right seat is exactly the same as the one in the middle. The CRT tv that's also on the right seat..... I don't know what that is, but it works fine, it's a cool prop that I found and never saw in use, pretty cool for selecting a near docking port as target from inside the IVA and using it for camera.

Another three things I remembered:

-When trying to find a way of modifying my mechjeb S.A.S.S pitch during landing (which I failed to do unfortunately), I started adding a bunch of pb_mechjeb buttons and I found a Mechjeb Plus and MechJeb Minus, but they didn't seem to do anything, I don't know what's the purpose for them but if you tell me how to use them I can test them too.

- Do you see the digital indictator on the left cabin? It doesn't show on the video, but sometimes when the number is negative or too large, the numbers appear OUTSIDE the panel, as if the scale modification I made on the indicator does not translate to the actual display numbers of the MAS program itself. 

- There's a problem with ventilators. There's one prop for ventilator that is always animated, and another prop for Ventilator that says "animated" but starts turned off, I assume that's the one you activate with one of the pb props, but none worked either, so there's probably a problem with the ventilator prop too.

Basically anything you suspect needs to be tested just tell me and I'll try it, since I am already tweaking and testing my RO Gemini IVA.

I seem to remember you said something about KOS not working properly, I don't use KOS so I don't have that prop on my Gemini, but I can download it if you want to try seomthing, anything I can do to help I'll do it, since I am coding illiterate and I have no other way to collaborate.

Edited by Sesshaku

25 minutes ago, Sesshaku said:

There's a problem with ventilators

Once upon a time, the one ventilator worked with the push button, so you could switch it off.  It stopped working, but I never spent the time to figure out why.

26 minutes ago, Sesshaku said:

I seem to remember you said something about KOS not working properly

KOS is not supported currently.  It's on the backburner, when I have time to mess around with it enough to understand it and how to talk to it.  I think it'd be cool if the kOS MFD with the full QWERTY keyboard could be used during IVA.

28 minutes ago, Sesshaku said:

I found a Mechjeb Plus and MechJeb Minus

Ugh.  Yeah, those are really old buttons.  I added them once upon a time when I was making a cluster of semi-retro MJ controls.  But they only work if you use them all together, and I don't remember how I set them up.  I really ought to get rid of them.  I don't believe SASS is supported beyond the basic SAS-like settings (you can't adjust pitch/roll/yaw), but I should add those capabilities.

Okay, folks - here's MAS 1.3.0, now available on GitHub.

This is (finally) the official 1.12.3-compatible release of MAS.  I've smoke-tested it with the Mk1 command pod, so the basics work.  This update includes (hopefully) the switches @Sesshaku discovered were missing, plus a MechJeb fix from @610yesnolovely that's been waiting too long for a release.

I'm hoping to get Unity re-installed and Part Tools working so I can put together an IVA to allow me to do some more testing (and development) some time this weekend.

22 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

Once upon a time, the one ventilator worked with the push button, so you could switch it off.  It stopped working, but I never spent the time to figure out why.

KOS is not supported currently.  It's on the backburner, when I have time to mess around with it enough to understand it and how to talk to it.  I think it'd be cool if the kOS MFD with the full QWERTY keyboard could be used during IVA.

Ugh.  Yeah, those are really old buttons.  I added them once upon a time when I was making a cluster of semi-retro MJ controls.  But they only work if you use them all together, and I don't remember how I set them up.  I really ought to get rid of them.  I don't believe SASS is supported beyond the basic SAS-like settings (you can't adjust pitch/roll/yaw), but I should add those capabilities.

If it were up to me I would prioritize adding pitch/roll/yaw control from inside the IVA before making KOS work. The reason being: KOS is optional, whereas adjusting pitch/roll/yaw in relation to surface is essential for controlled landing maneuvres.

Also, thanks for the update, downloading and installing it now.

Edited by Sesshaku

3 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

There's a problem with ventilators. There's one prop for ventilator that is always animated, and another prop for Ventilator that says "animated" but starts turned off, I assume that's the one you activate with one of the pb props, but none worked either, so there's probably a problem with the ventilator prop too.

The knob you're looking for to control MAS_ALCORVentilator01_Animated is MAS_ASET_B-Knob-2pos-Ventilator.

13 hours ago, vulkans said:

The knob you're looking for to control MAS_ALCORVentilator01_Animated is MAS_ASET_B-Knob-2pos-Ventilator.

Just tried it, doesn't work.

I also found out another couple of things:

- The cabin light pb doesn't work as well as the knob, or doesn't seem to work as well without the knob being there too, or something just broke with the update.

- I found other set of pb that either don't work, or I am missing something about it's functions.

- I found a weird bug in which going to EVA and then inside broke the functionality of the mod.

- I experienced unsual fps drops while on IVA+textures issues. This might not be related to the mod itself, I do have an issue with kerbals being larger than they should on my gemini cabin, and I fix by going outside and then re-enter, and somehow that fixes it, I don't know what "rescale" cfg is causing the issue though, but I know it's an issue with my IVA. But since I don't remeber those issues before I leave it here for someone better knowledged to judge.

I leave the logs here.

And a video that shows what I found in case it's useful to somebody.

Spoiler

What I could find in the logs.

Load(Texture): ASET/ASET_Props/MFDs/ALCORPFD/222
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

d3d11: failed to create 2D texture id=2594 width=300 height=150 mips=9 dxgifmt=71 [D3D error was 80070057]
 (Filename:  Line: 584)

d3d11: failed to create 2D texture shader resource view id=2594 [D3D error was 80070057]
 (Filename:  Line: 534)

[JSICallbackAnimator]: Error in building prop number 41 - Animation WindowsEmissveAnim could not be found.
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

SISCANsatRPM: Inactive.

[AvionicsSystems] INITIALIZATION ERROR: MASMonitor configuration failed.

[MASMonitor] Failed to configure prop #39 (MAS_ALCOR_MFD1)

[MASMonitor] System.ArgumentException: Error parsing variable "fc.GetPersistent("%AUTOID%")" ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AvionicsSystems.MASMonitor.PageChanged (System.Double dontCare) [0x00039] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0
  at AvionicsSystems.Variable.TriggerNumericCallbacks (System.Double value) [0x00008] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0
  at AvionicsSystems.GenericVariable.ProcessObject (System.Boolean invokeCallbacks) [0x000c0] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0
  at AvionicsSystems.GenericVariable.Evaluate (System.Boolean invokeCallbacks) [0x00019] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0
  at AvionicsSystems.Variable.RegisterNumericCallback (System.Action`1[T] callback) [0x00021] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0
  at AvionicsSystems.MASFlightComputer.RegisterVariableChangeCallback (System.String variableName, InternalProp prop, System.Action`1[T] callback, System.Boolean initializeNow) [0x0000b] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at AvionicsSystems.MASFlightComputer.RegisterVariableChangeCallback (System.String variableName, InternalProp prop, System.Action`1[T] callback, System.Boolean initializeNow) [0x0003b] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0
  at AvionicsSystems.VariableRegistrar.RegisterVariableChangeCallback (System.String name, System.Action`1[T] action, System.Boolean initializeNow) [0x00008] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0
  at AvionicsSystems.MASMonitor.Start () [0x005c6] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0  

VesselViewer.cs, creating basicSettings

[MASMonitor] Failed to configure prop #40 (MAS_ALCOR_MFD2)

[MASMonitor] System.ArgumentException: Error parsing variable "fc.GetPersistent("%AUTOID%")" ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AvionicsSystems.MASMonitor.PageChanged (System.Double dontCare) [0x00039] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0
  at AvionicsSystems.Variable.TriggerNumericCallbacks (System.Double value) [0x00008] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0
  at AvionicsSystems.GenericVariable.ProcessObject (System.Boolean invokeCallbacks) [0x000c0] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0
  at AvionicsSystems.GenericVariable.Evaluate (System.Boolean invokeCallbacks) [0x00019] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0
  at AvionicsSystems.Variable.RegisterNumericCallback (System.Action`1[T] callback) [0x00021] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0
  at AvionicsSystems.MASFlightComputer.RegisterVariableChangeCallback (System.String variableName, InternalProp prop, System.Action`1[T] callback, System.Boolean initializeNow) [0x0000b] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0
  at AvionicsSystems.MASFlightComputer.RegisterVariableChangeCallback (System.String variableName, InternalProp prop, System.Action`1[T] callback, System.Boolean initializeNow) [0x0003b] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0
  at AvionicsSystems.VariableRegistrar.RegisterVariableChangeCallback (System.String name, System.Action`1[T] action, System.Boolean initializeNow) [0x00008] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0
  at AvionicsSystems.MASMonitor.Start () [0x005c6] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0  

[JSIActionGroupSwitch]: No lights named FloodLight found in internal model

[JSICallbackAnimator]: Error in building prop number 41 - Animation WindowsEmissveAnim could not be found.

[MASMonitor] Failed to configure prop #144 (MAS_ALCOR_MFD40x20)

Edited by Sesshaku

5 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

Just tried it, doesn't work.

I also found out another couple of things:

- The cabin light pb doesn't work as well as the knob, or doesn't seem to work as well without the knob being there too, or something just broke with the update.

- I found other set of pb that either don't work, or I am missing something about it's functions.

- I found a weird bug in which going to EVA and then inside broke the functionality of the mod.

- I experienced unsual fps drops while on IVA+textures issues. This might not be related to the mod itself, I do have an issue with kerbals being larger than they should on my gemini cabin, and I fix by going outside and then re-enter, and somehow that fixes it, I don't know what "rescale" cfg is causing the issue though, but I know it's an issue with my IVA. But since I don't remeber those issues before I leave it here for someone better knowledged to judge.

I leave the logs here.

And a video that shows what I found in case it's useful to somebody.

Reveal hidden contents

What I could find in the logs.

Load(Texture): ASET/ASET_Props/MFDs/ALCORPFD/222

d3d11: failed to create 2D texture id=2594 width=300 height=150 mips=9 dxgifmt=71 [D3D error was 80070057]
 (Filename:  Line: 584)

d3d11: failed to create 2D texture shader resource view id=2594 [D3D error was 80070057]
 (Filename:  Line: 534)

SISCANsatRPM: Inactive.

[MASMonitor] Failed to configure prop #39 (MAS_ALCOR_MFD1)

VesselViewer.cs, creating basicSettings

[MASMonitor] Failed to configure prop #40 (MAS_ALCOR_MFD2)

[JSIActionGroupSwitch]: No lights named FloodLight found in internal model

[MASMonitor] Failed to configure prop #144 (MAS_ALCOR_MFD40x20)

There's a couple things you might be missing with the ventilator- do you also have a MAS_pb_Ventilator button somewhere to turn the fan on and off? The knob only controls the speed. The button is also setup as conditioned which means that if the pod is setup with the "RequiresPower" flag to true, it won't even light up until power is supplied through a prop that handles that.

The buttons at 0:25 labelled "FWD/AFT", "L/R" and "UP/DN" aren't push buttons, There are two sets of these props which are meant to be readback only, one set is for reading back current RCS input and the other set is for reading back whether SAS or Mechjeb is handling any of the available rotational controls. In the Unity editor, is the button labelled "INPUT CTRL" prefixed with "MAS_"? As I can't seem to find it among the push button props myself, it might be an old RPM button that got stranded.

Looking at your log there's a mod spamming a bunch of NaN warnings, if you can try running just MAS along with whatever you need for the pod to work and test if this helps with the other problems you're having.

3 hours ago, vulkans said:

There's a couple things you might be missing with the ventilator- do you also have a MAS_pb_Ventilator button somewhere to turn the fan on and off? The knob only controls the speed. The button is also setup as conditioned which means that if the pod is setup with the "RequiresPower" flag to true, it won't even light up until power is supplied through a prop that handles that.

The buttons at 0:25 labelled "FWD/AFT", "L/R" and "UP/DN" aren't push buttons, There are two sets of these props which are meant to be readback only, one set is for reading back current RCS input and the other set is for reading back whether SAS or Mechjeb is handling any of the available rotational controls. In the Unity editor, is the button labelled "INPUT CTRL" prefixed with "MAS_"? As I can't seem to find it among the push button props myself, it might be an old RPM button that got stranded.

Looking at your log there's a mod spamming a bunch of NaN warnings, if you can try running just MAS along with whatever you need for the pod to work and test if this helps with the other problems you're having.

Will try tomorrow and report if it works the ventilator.

Good to know the buttons actually do work. I'll try to keep testing other buttons to see if there's anything broken. Regarding the nomenclature they're: MAS_pb_RcsTranslateZ, MAS_pb_RcsTranslateX, MAS_pb_RcsTranslateY. Which is why I tought they're were push buttons, since they're named "pb" and not something like "RCSX indicator".

Regarding the up and down button, pay no attention, it might actually work. I completely forgot those were supposed to be for gear and not RCS. I did not had a gear on that test ship, so that's my bad, I'll try tomorrow to test it with gear too.

If Moardv knows of any prop section that probably needs to be checked, I'll try those also instead of just picking random MAS and ASET props and see if they do something.

Another thing you can see on the video, and I don't know if it's working as intended or if it needs a patch is the instrument panel light. You can see in the video that when you turn the light on, it works for a lot of buttons (action buttons and the ones that have a white outline) but there are some buttons with the same white outline that don't light up, for whatever reason.

Edited by Sesshaku

1 hour ago, Sesshaku said:

Will try tomorrow and report if it works the ventilator.

Good to know the buttons actually do work. I'll try to keep testing other buttons to see if there's anything broken. Regarding the nomenclature they're: MAS_pb_RcsTranslateZ, MAS_pb_RcsTranslateX, MAS_pb_RcsTranslateY. Which is why I tought they're were push buttons, since they're named "pb" and not something like "RCSX indicator".

Regarding the up and down button, pay no attention, it might actually work. I completely forgot those were supposed to be for gear and not RCS. I did not had a gear on that test ship, so that's my bad, I'll try tomorrow to test it with gear too.

If Moardv knows of any prop section that probably needs to be checked, I'll try those also instead of just picking random MAS and ASET props and see if they do something.

Another thing you can see on the video, and I don't know if it's working as intended or if it needs a patch is the instrument panel light. You can see in the video that when you turn the light on, it works for a lot of buttons (action buttons and the ones that have a white outline) but there are some buttons with the same white outline that don't light up, for whatever reason.

It can get a bit confusing with some props, there's a couple of others that contain the PB label which can't be pushed like the solar panel indicator ones for example, the reason they contain the label is because they're derivatives of the push button model. One of the biggest challenges with working with MAS IVAs is remembering what everything is called.

For the backlight on some buttons, keep in mind that they sometimes work off a separate "circuit" so to speak. An example of this are the pb_Clock set which won't light up unless toggle_Clock_Power is included and flipped to the on position. There are some Mechjeb and digital display props that also work like this. Backlights on non-MAS props will also not work.

I should have also elaborated a bit on the pod lighting knobs, an area which can also get confusing pretty fast- A lot of pods include lights baked into the model itself, and quite often their reference names are always going to be different from one pod to the next as there's no standard way to name them. The included set of buttons and knobs targets a bunch of different reference names that I honestly don't know which pods they belong to so it's very unlikely they will work with the specific pod you are currently working with. The only exception to this is any prop targetting the "MAS_Generic_IntLight" name (Such as MAS_ASET_B-Knob_LD-Generic) within an "INT_LIGHT" object entry, MAS_Generic_IntLight will work on every available built-in light but you won't be able to manipulate them individually. To do this you would need to figure out the specific name of the light you're trying to manipulate (You can do this by importing the MU internal into Blender) and targetting the specific name of the light via the INT_LIGHT object, preferably by creating a custom prop to do this by copying an existing button or knob and changing the relevant values, an example of what the INT_LIGHT section of a knob would look like is:

INT_LIGHT
{
	name = Dash Light
	lightName = ConsoleLight
	intensity = fc.GetPersistentAsNumber("Dash_Lights")
	variable = fc.Conditioned(fc.GetPersistentAsNumber("Dash_Lights"))
}

In that case, the built-in light to be manipulated is called "ConsoleLight", the intensity is handled by a variable named "Dash_Lights" which is manipulated by:

COLLIDER_EVENT
{
	name = Knob Collider
	collider = b_KnobCollider
	onDragX = fc.AddPersistentClamped("Dash_Lights", %DRAG%, 0, 1)
	dragSensitivity = 0.4
}

The other type of light you can work with is ones included within a prop such as "MAS_InternalOmniLight_3m_Utility" which you would also manipulate through a knob or a button, in this case MAS_InternalOmniLight_3m_Utility is setup to vary its intensity by way of the "Utility_Light" persistent variable which could be changed the same as in the above example.

So when in doubt, just use MAS_Generic_IntLight and it should work for everything.

Some highly recommended reading: https://github.com/MOARdV/AvionicsSystems/wiki

@MOARdV hey... since you're kinda back to poking MAS a bit, I wanna ask...

I came across a dual-HUD prop, and a "Drive Monitor Screen" prop, in the ASET ERS mod, that are NOT in any of the other ASET mods. The HUD is both toggle-able with switch props, and they seem to work fine with RPM.

I am also working on splitting out the ASET Power Seat prop, found *only* embedded in the ALCOR pod model, as a seperate prop.

Would you be interested in adding these as props, right into the MAS release?

The dual-HUD... Upper & lower are actually two seperate displays, togglable by the two toggles on the top right control panel (Compass & Orientation), right below.
I dont have a pic of the Drive Monitor Screen right now.
cO8rjbM.png

And heres a vid of the Power Seat, that I'm sure you've seen:

Edited by Stone Blue

4 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Would you be interested in adding these as props, right into the MAS release?

Absolutely!  I remembered that there was a rover HUD somewhere, but I couldn't remember where it was. I should have remembered it was in the ASET rover.

I found this in MFD2 initialization script:

local result = fc.TrackResourceConverter(1, "ElectroPlasma")

if result < 1 then
		fc.LogMessage("Error registering ElectroPlasma: " .. result)
	end

result = fc.TrackResourceConverter(2, "GravityWaves")

if result < 1 then
		fc.LogMessage("Error registering GravityWaves: " .. result)
	end

My attempts to track or toggle blueshift gravitic generators as resource converters failed, did someone succeed in doing this?

5 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Maybe @Angel-125 ??

The problem is solved. I was messing with Impulse Party gravitic generators and they have ModuleAnimationGroup that makes their resource converter module  invisible both for MAS and for stock action groups  until the deploy animation is active.  Now I need to find a way to toggle ModuleAnimationGroup using MAS custom action groups (looks like this is not possible or I'm doing something wrong).

Also I'm trying to add a Laythe map to flight screen but it doesn't match :D  I think I need another map perfectly centered at 0 longitude.

rxAghL9.png

3 hours ago, Manul said:

(looks like this is not possible or I'm doing something wrong).

It's most likely that I didn't add support for it.  The way I went about MAS Action Groups was not the best way to do it, and I really ought to rebuild it so it doesn't require code changes in MAS to add support for modules (although that means a bit more effort for the prop designer).

Hi there,

Encountering this when I launch a vessel with the MK1 (all I have access to in my career save).  As soon as the flight scene opens there's a beep, then it says something like "[Avionics System ]INITIALIZATION ERROR" and to check the logs.

Looking in the player.log I can see where it's configuring props, and where it's throwing the error:

MASComponent] Configuration complete in prop #214 (MAS_SwitchFlatPanelShort_CommNet): 1 nodes created 

[MASComponent] Error configuring prop #215 (MAS_Tablo_Status_CommnetConnected) 

[MASComponent] Error in COLOR_SHIFT Panel Color: 

[MASComponent] System.ArgumentException: Invalid or missing 'activeColor' in COLOR_SHIFT Panel Color
  at AvionicsSystems.MASComponentColorShift..ctor (ConfigNode config, InternalProp prop, AvionicsSystems.MASFlightComputer comp) [0x00399] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0 
  at AvionicsSystems.MASComponent.CreateAction (ConfigNode config, InternalProp prop, AvionicsSystems.MASFlightComputer comp) [0x002a6] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0 
  at AvionicsSystems.MASComponent.Start () [0x00062] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0  

[AvionicsSystems] INITIALIZATION ERROR: Error configuring prop #215 (MAS_Tablo_Status_CommnetConnected) 

[MASComponent] Configuration complete in prop #215 (MAS_Tablo_Status_CommnetConnected): 2 nodes created 

[MASComponent] Configuration complete in prop #216 (MAS_DigitalIndicator_SignalStrength): 4 nodes created 

[MASComponent] Error configuring prop #217 (MAS_Tablo_Status_CommnetNoSignal) 

[MASComponent] Error in COLOR_SHIFT Panel Color: 

[MASComponent] System.ArgumentException: Invalid or missing 'activeColor' in COLOR_SHIFT Panel Color
  at AvionicsSystems.MASComponentColorShift..ctor (ConfigNode config, InternalProp prop, AvionicsSystems.MASFlightComputer comp) [0x00399] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0 
  at AvionicsSystems.MASComponent.CreateAction (ConfigNode config, InternalProp prop, AvionicsSystems.MASFlightComputer comp) [0x002a6] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0 
  at AvionicsSystems.MASComponent.Start () [0x00062] in <061bdf6ca8a645abb76768298ae3ba16>:0  

[AvionicsSystems] INITIALIZATION ERROR: Error configuring prop #217 (MAS_Tablo_Status_CommnetNoSignal) 

[MASComponent] Configuration complete in prop #217 (MAS_Tablo_Status_CommnetNoSignal): 2 nodes created 

[MASComponent] Configuration complete in prop #218 (MAS_JSIMainCompUnit): 14 nodes created 

Here's a link to the entire player.log if you need it.

As far as effects on the game, nothing apparent other than the loud beep every time I launch, though this is my first time installing MAS so I wouldn't be able to recognize something that's obviously broken having nothing to compare it to.  If there's anything else you need from me (KSP.log, modlist, whatever) just let me know, I'm happy to provide.

3 hours ago, DeliriumTrigger said:

Encountering this when I launch a vessel with the MK1 (all I have access to in my career save).  As soon as the flight scene opens there's a beep, then it says something like "[Avionics System ]INITIALIZATION ERROR" and to check the logs.

Thanks for reporting this - it looks like I missed something configuring some props.  Fortunately, it's an easy fix.