[WIP] [1.12.x] MOARdV's Avionics Systems - MAS Interactive IVA! (v1.3.7, 7 April 2023)

MOARdV

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

Those are (hopefully) easy to do.  Just add a mode to the MASCamera that uses MOARdV/Monochrome or MOARdV/MonochromeNoise (depending on whether you want some noise on the image) and tweak the channel colors and gain values.

That's cool! Do I need multiple cameras or can one camera switch modes?

Hi MOARdV,

Was just going through the log for something else and came across a couple minor errors in case they were missed..

One was the icons under \MOARdV\AvionicsSystems\Icons\ are 38 x 38 instead of 32 x 32.

The other minor error was the file MAS_NASA_ChargeRateIndicator.cfg under \MOARdV\MAS_ASET\RNDZ_RadarSignalIndicator\. Lines 8 & 9 refer to a texture path that is not there.

Line is currently;

texture = ChageRateIndicator,ASET/ASET_Props/Instruments/RNDZ_RadarSignalIndicator/ChargeRateIndicator/ChageRateIndicator

Should be;

texture = ChageRateIndicator,ASET/ASET_Props/Instruments/RNDZ_RadarSignalIndicator/ChageRateIndicator

5 hours ago, Radar said:

Was just going through the log for something else and came across a couple minor errors in case they were missed..

Thank you for pointing these out.  The second is, indeed, an error, and now that you've noticed it, I'll have a fix in the next release.  The first one happens because Squad's original documentation for the App Launcher specified 38x38 textures for the buttons, but Unity 2017.1 complains about that size.  However, I just checked, and the App Launcher supports 32x32, so I went ahead and updated it to suppress the warning.

I seem to experience problems with MAS under OpenGL. I tried G'ths Ultimate Shuttle glass cockpit, but with -force-glcore the Navball does not show up on the MFD:

cxZruht.png

No problem at all without -force-glcore. Was able to reproduce on a clean 1.4.3 with just Ultimate Shuttle and required mods (ASET, MAS, RPM, NF props and MM). Is there other mods that use MAS so I can test whether it is this particular IVA or a common issue? Dug up MRK by CobaltWolf, same result.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, GTX1060 6GB, driver v 388.13

Zip with KSP.log and output.txt

Edited by Freshmeat
clarification

19 hours ago, Freshmeat said:

I seem to experience problems with MAS under OpenGL.

It looks like the stock KSP shader I was using for textures, the NavBall, and most everything else has different behavior in -force-glcore.  That's annoying.  Fortunately, I have a different (MAS-specific) shader I can use instead.  Looks like I'll be trying to get a fix out by this weekend.

MAS v0.16.0 is now available on GitHub.  This release fixes the -force-glcore texture issue, and it has some performance improvements (hopefully).  MFD2 has had a bit of work done on its pages (including using the MAS Maneuver Autopilot on its maneuver pages), and there's now a MAS version of the ASET HUD from the ASET Avionics pack.  I've also started documenting MFD2 with an Operations Guide to help navigate the pages.

So that Kane-11 IVA has potential, but at the moment the thing seems to have lost all it's IVA textures except the ones from your mod. The rest is blinding white. I dunno if it's your mod or another that's causing it, but it's kinda disappointing regardless.

MAS v0.17.0 is now available on GitHub.  This includes a fix for NREs that happen when a vessel with MASCamera components enters physics range, as well a few tweaks that may help performance.  There are also initial pages for interacting with WBI VTOL Manager components (the hover manager and the thrust controller), and a configurable Primary Flight Display (the FLIGHT button from the standby menu).  In the PFD, the left and right arrows will select a panel on the page, and the up/down arrows will change what is displayed in the panel.  This page is fairly early, so some panels don't have alternative configurations.

MAS v0.18.0 is now available on GitHub.  This release is primarily a features release, improving support for the WBI VTOL Manager found in Kerbin Flying Saucers.  It also adds some support for Kerbal Engineer Redux.  MAS is now able to add Kerbin's ground stations to the stock Custom Waypoints manager, allowing them to be targeted for navigation.  MFD2 (the modernized MFD) now has an improved Primary Flight Display for flying around Kerbin.

9hyliB.jpg

MAS v0.19.0 is now available in the usual place.  This release updates includes a couple of minor features, a fix for the MASCamera royally messing up bodies rendered in the Scaled Space layer, converts even more ASET props to MAS, and includes a lot of MFD2 changes (the flight window displayed above has had many changes, and you can now access action groups through a rudimentary menu from the SYSTEM MFD page.

A little help if someone could with regards to MASCameras. Trying to get it to switch between modes however I can't seem to get it to work. Only shows Colour. Tried all the buttons on the MFD (using MAS_ALCOR_MFD2) but still can't seem to switch between modes.

Below is the code from the config file

MODULE
	{
		name = MASCamera
		fovRange = 10, 60
		fovRate = 0
		panRange = -75, 75
		panRate = 0
		tiltRange = -35, 35
		tiltRate = 0
		cameraTransformName = ALCORExt_D_CamTransform
		cameraName = Cabin Cam Fwd 2
		refreshRate = 1
		translation = 0, 0, 0
		rotation = 0, 0, 0

MODE
		{
			name = CCTV
			cameraResolution = 512
		}
	MODE
		{
			name = Low-light
			cameraResolution = 512
			shader = MOARdV/Monochrome
			properties = _Gain:1.2;_Opacity:1.2
		}
	}

Edited by Radar

10 hours ago, Radar said:

A little help if someone could with regards to MASCameras. Trying to get it to switch between modes however I can't seem to get it to work

The MODE button should be visible on the CAMERA page with the current version (v0.19.0 - although I forgot to update the thread title when I released it).  The only reason it wouldn't show up is if the selected camera does not support multiple modes.  Double-check the version of MAS that you have installed and make sure it's v0.19.0.  If it is, I may need to see the KSP log to see if there's a hint in there.

• 2 weeks later...

MAS v0.20.0 is now available on GitHub.  This is mainly a performance update (I saw about 20% less time required to update MAS on my computer), but it also introduces the kOS MFD and a lot of prop updates.

Omh30n.jpg

(actual IVA is not yet available)

MAS v0.20.1 is now available - this update provides a couple of quick fixes for some errors caused by initialization order changing.  If you're using the IVA in the KFS Flapjack, I'd recommend updating.

@MOARdV 

2 hours ago, MOARdV said:

RPM isn't required for the IVA - only MAS is.  If you're having lag spikes, please let me know.  I've tried to reduce overhead of using MAS during the last two releases, so if MAS v0.20.1 is still a problem, I'd like to hear about it so I can see what I can do to improve it. 

Carrying this over here from the flying saucer mod so I'm not cross-mod posting, So far I'm not seeing the lag spikes I get from Raster Prop, So it seems like I'll be able to use MAS. I did however run into one strange issue right away. When using Kerbal flight indicators, the KFI hud icon for where the nose is pointing is mirrored on MAS prop monitors for some reason. Not a major issue, but Thought I'd mention it> 

odls1yB.jpg

11 hours ago, vardicd said:

. I did however run into one strange issue right away. When using Kerbal flight indicators, the KFI hud icon for where the nose is pointing is mirrored on MAS prop monitors for some reason.

It looks like the game object used to render those markers isn't switching itself off when its camera(s) aren't in use.  I'll take a look at the mod and talk to the mod author to see what we can work out.

12 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

kOS MFD?!? <3 did @dsonbill have anything to do with this? If not then FYI to him :)

Nope.  I decided I wanted to see if MAS could handle a prop with 70-some colliders, and I thought it'd be nice to have more input options (like being able to type in numbers on the auto-pilot page of the kOS display).  I'm sure someone can figure out how to plug kOS into that display, although it probably won't be me (I've never used kOS, and I already do enough programming modding KSP - I don't want to have to do programming to play it, too :) )

13 hours ago, MOARdV said:

It looks like the game object used to render those markers isn't switching itself off when its camera(s) aren't in use.  I'll take a look at the mod and talk to the mod author to see what we can work out.

All right, no worries, it's a relatively minor issue anyway, and I'm not sure if the mod author is still around and keeping the mod up, I think last I checked it hadn't been updated since pre- 1.3, unless someone's made their own version and is keeping up with it, and I'm a numpty pulling the old version off the dead mod, without realizing there's a live one. {it's happened before}

17 hours ago, vardicd said:

All right, no worries, it's a relatively minor issue anyway, and I'm not sure if the mod author is still around and keeping the mod up, I think last I checked it hadn't been updated since pre- 1.3, unless someone's made their own version and is keeping up with it, and I'm a numpty pulling the old version off the dead mod, without realizing there's a live one. {it's happened before}

It looks like it's currently maintained over here -

I posted on that thread about the issue and probable solution, so hopefully it can get resolved.

@MOARdV While KFI is a great mod, I consider it moar for atmospheric use (ie aircraft or spaceplanes), than the NavHud mod, which I prefer for actual "space" use...

Would it be difficult, or a lot of work, to get that mod working with MAS, as well?

Edited by Stone Blue