[WIP] [1.12.x] MOARdV's Avionics Systems - MAS Interactive IVA! (v1.3.7, 7 April 2023)

MOARdV

On 12/2/2018 at 1:19 AM, theonegalen said:

I haven't had that issue. I'm away from my computer right now, but later tonight I will give it a look and see what might be going on. What version of MAS are you running, what version of Kerbal Space Program, and what version of RPM?

Also, go into your KSP folder and upload a copy of your KSP.log file somewhere like pastebin or Google Docs so I can look at it and see if there's something going on that shouldn't be.

well, I was kind of dumb, see the first pod you get didn't have an iva anymore because they changed the part essentially so that was my error. But I don't know how to choose whether to the rpm ivas or the mas ivas are being used

On 12/21/2018 at 4:36 AM, Anders Kerman said:

well, I was kind of dumb, see the first pod you get didn't have an iva anymore because they changed the part essentially so that was my error. But I don't know how to choose whether to the rpm ivas or the mas ivas are being used

That's going to be in the MOARdV and JSI folders. There are configs that define which IVA takes over for each part. You can either delete the configs for the ones you don't want, or rename them from *.cfg to *.bak.

On 12/25/2018 at 4:04 AM, Flightologist said:

Hi @MOARdV

I was initially reluctant to update to 1.5.1, and now that I have done it, all the IVAs seem to be gone. I have ASET, RPM, and MAS installed.

How do I get these working?

In my case I got my IVAs working by reading the KSP.log and searching for errors. Normally KSP reports why a particular thing is not activated (usually missing dependencies). I'm running the 1.5.1

On 12/24/2018 at 10:04 PM, Flightologist said:

<snip>...all the IVAs seem to be gone. I have ASET, RPM, and MAS installed...<snip>

Knowing *exactly*, *which* IVAs are gone might help... Also, which ASET mods?... I *assume* you have at least ASET Props installed? I also install ASET Avionic, just in case :P ... also, do you have MM v3.1.1 installed?

@MOARdV, how does one make a pushbutton that automatically goes back to inactive state?
I hoped to get an action group button that does not action as a switch. There are MAS_pb_AGx buttons, but they also get stuck in the depressed state and don't go back.

I tried to edit it like in the snippet below, but it does not seem to have any effect. Any clues?

COLLIDER_EVENT
- onClick = fc.ToggleActionGroup(0)
+ onClick = fc.SetPersistent("%AUTOID%", 1 + fc.ToggleActionGroup(0))
+ onRelease = fc.SetPersistent("%AUTOID%", 0)

ANIMATION_PLAYER
- variable = fc.GetActionGroup(0)
+ variable = fc.GetPersistentAsNumber("%AUTOID%")

Edited by snakeru

Two question in regards to MAS/IVA in general. Is there a repository for .lua or .cfg scripts for the MAS_MFDs? Meaning, there seems to be a ton of features for the MFD but not all the features you see, both from MOARdV and a few other IVA developers, are easy to find/reference. Not sure if that question makes sense but yeah. Second (and this might be a stupid question), is there any good tutorials about adding/moving around the IVA camera location. I just want to move some IVA's initial camera position and maybe add more crew spaces but am getting stuck on this step.

19 hours ago, snakeru said:

I tried to edit it like in the snippet below, but it does not seem to have any effect. Any clues?

If you are using the v0.90 release, ToggleActionGroup() does not return a numeric value.  That has been corrected in the dev build, and it will be fixed in the next release.  I will try to get a 0.91 build out this week so that the changes that have accumulated are available to a general audience.

11 hours ago, Ktufuathama said:

Two question in regards to MAS/IVA in general. Is there a repository for .lua or .cfg scripts for the MAS_MFDs?

All MAS scripts are included in the MAS distribution.  GameData/MOARdV/MAS_ASET contains prop configs.  GameData/MOARdV/MFD contains MFD page configurations and textures.  GameData/MOARdV/Scripts contains some other scripts.

Hello MOARdV

I am loving MAS! I am starting to get into IVA work, and was able to make this. I noticed the Mk1-3 IVA replacement is missing a clear maneuver node switch, something I use a lot. So I made one to match the style. Would be nice if you could add the switch to the "official" github. I was thinking to make a pull request, but not sure if you want.

Anyways, here it is, it is based off the CLEAR TGT (MAS_RB_TargetClear.cfg) button:

https://gist.github.com/it0uchpods/0c0d14572deae1f74605e0c2af34a2b3

It goes into GameData\MOARdV\MAS_ASET\RetroButton

The light, and translate animations are working, and so is the click, so it is fully working.

I put it here, but you may put it somewhere else better fit.

unknown.png

PROP
    {
        name = MAS_RB_NodeClear
        position = 0.12012,0.1734,-0.6610062
        rotation = 0.7071068,0,0,0.7071068
        scale = 0.6999993,0.7000048,0.7000048
    }

Kind Regards,
Josh

Edited by it0uchpods
Add info

Hi @MOARdV ! :)

I was wondering if you know what the status of these fantastic MAS MFD updates being worked on by alexustas:

KSP. MAS. Significant Redesign and Improvement of the Multi-Function Display

KSP. MAS Attitude Autopilot. Test #1

I enjoy building my own IVAs and I'd love to refit some of the Near Future spacecraft using MAS and the new alexustas MFDs

Just to say I love the IVA experience and I'm so grateful to you guys for putting in the time and effort!

In other news, I just tried placing the MAS_ALCOR_MFD1 and MAS_ALCOR_MFD2 plus the MAS_ASET_ALTIMETER_Adv in one of the Near Future pods and I get the following error:

[AvionicsSystems]: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK MESSAGE LOG

And the MFDs are subsequently blank

The KSP.log file contains the following errors:

Spoiler

[ERR 17:59:16.614] [AvionicsSystems] INITIALIZATION ERROR: Failed to configure prop #5 (MAS_ASET_ALTIMETER_Adv)

[ERR 17:59:16.615] [MASComponent] Failed to configure prop #5 (MAS_ASET_ALTIMETER_Adv)

[ERR 17:59:16.617] [MASComponent] System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: Unable to find MASFlightComputer in part - please check part configs
  at AvionicsSystems.MASComponent.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ERR 17:59:16.618] [AvionicsSystems] INITIALIZATION ERROR: MASMonitor configuration failed.

[ERR 17:59:16.618] [MASMonitor] Failed to configure prop #6 (MAS_ALCOR_MFD1)

[ERR 17:59:16.618] [MASMonitor] System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: Failed to find MASFlightComputer initializing MASMonitor
  at AvionicsSystems.MASMonitor.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ERR 17:59:16.618] [AvionicsSystems] INITIALIZATION ERROR: Failed to configure prop #6 (MAS_ALCOR_MFD1)

[ERR 17:59:16.618] [MASComponent] Failed to configure prop #6 (MAS_ALCOR_MFD1)

[ERR 17:59:16.618] [MASComponent] System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: Unable to find MASFlightComputer in part - please check part configs

[ERR 17:59:16.618] [AvionicsSystems] INITIALIZATION ERROR: MASMonitor configuration failed.

[ERR 17:59:16.619] [MASMonitor] Failed to configure prop #7 (MAS_ALCOR_MFD2)

[ERR 17:59:16.619] [MASMonitor] System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: Failed to find MASFlightComputer initializing MASMonitor
  at AvionicsSystems.MASMonitor.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ERR 17:59:16.619] [AvionicsSystems] INITIALIZATION ERROR: Failed to configure prop #7 (MAS_ALCOR_MFD2)

[ERR 17:59:16.619] [MASComponent] Failed to configure prop #7 (MAS_ALCOR_MFD2)

[ERR 17:59:16.619] [MASComponent] System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Obviously it says it can't find the MASFlightComputer in the cfg file, so I just tried copying and pasting the MASFlightComputer Module entry from MAS_mk1-2.cfg but that did not resolve it.

I only have the following mods installed (running KSP version 1.5.1):

• ModuleManager 3.1.1
  • Near Future Spacecraft 1.0.1
  • ASET Props 1.5
  • ASET Avionics 2.1
  • MAS 0.90.0

Apologies if I'm doing something stupid! The full KSP.log is available is required

On 12/30/2018 at 11:37 AM, RealTimeShepherd said:

I was wondering if you know what the status of these fantastic MAS MFD updates being worked on by alexustas

Regrettably, I do not.  I haven't heard from alexustas since June or earlier.  I was looking forward to a couple of the new external camera parts he designed, plus seeing how his flight management system worked.

4 hours ago, RealTimeShepherd said:

Obviously it says it can't find the MASFlightComputer in the cfg file

Right - that's the problem.  The MASFlightComputer module must be added to the command pod (or other crewed part) that has MAS components.  If I had to venture a guess, it's that there's something wrong with the cfg file.  Can you post that config so I can try to spot what's amiss?

@MOARdV Ohhhh wait! I got it!

There are multiple cfg files. I have been editing the IVA cfg (NearFutureSpacecraft\Spaces\command-125\command-125-iva-1.cfg) but if I insert the MASFlightComputer Module into the *part* cfg (NearFutureSpacecraft\Parts\Command\command-pods\command-125-1.cfg) instead then it works!

Thanks for looking :)

Avionics Systems v0.91.0 is now available.  This release puts a number of internal changes into an official release (changes that affect people trying to make their own props), and it incorporates some of the 1.6.0 features (full vessel delta-V, which was previously only available when MechJeb or KER were installed).  A few prop tweaks and fixes are included, as well.  Get it on GitHub.  There will probably be a couple more 0.9x versions of MAS before I call it "feature complete enough" for 1.0

On 12/28/2018 at 1:59 AM, it0uchpods said:

I made one to match the style. Would be nice if you could add the switch to the "official" github. I was thinking to make a pull request, but not sure if you want.

Anyways, here it is, it is based off the CLEAR TGT (MAS_RB_TargetClear.cfg) button:

https://gist.github.com/it0uchpods/0c0d14572deae1f74605e0c2af34a2b3

It goes into GameData\MOARdV\MAS_ASET\RetroButton

Hi @it0uchpods

You probably also need to update one of .xml files in the project root that are used for auto-generation of these props.

Also: since it's much easier for @MOARdV to reject a PR than to make one from a gist I'd recommend going for PR anyways. There is only one him and there are so many us.

On 12/27/2018 at 6:59 PM, it0uchpods said:

I was thinking to make a pull request, but not sure if you want.

A pull request is the preferred approach, but since this is a fairly small change (adding that one prop) to the master XML file, I can add it in.  I'll see if I can add the button in to the IVA where you show it, but that's a little bit more work, since I need to update my Unity project to include that information.

EDIT: ... and I've updated the Mk1-3.  I may have another release out this weekend that includes it.  Thank you for the suggestion.

Edited by MOARdV

On 1/4/2019 at 3:17 PM, MOARdV said:

(...)

EDIT: ... and I've updated the Mk1-3.  I may have another release out this weekend that includes it.  Thank you for the suggestion.

Are there any plans for a M.E.M. IVA that would go well with the 1-3 IVA? Also in the 1-3 IVA (I am still playing 1.5.1) is there a way to control from Docking port and target the next vessels docking port?

1 hour ago, Anders Kerman said:

Are there any plans for a M.E.M. IVA that would go well with the 1-3 IVA? Also in the 1-3 IVA (I am still playing 1.5.1) is there a way to control from Docking port and target the next vessels docking port?

I don't have plans for a MEM IVA.  I'm going to work on a couple of advanced command pod IVAs (that will go in a separate mod) to help me stress test the MAS design.  That said,

Avionics Systems v0.92.0 is now available.  It includes an adaptation of the ASET Mk1 lander can, courtesy of @snakeru.  Plus a few other features.  Available on GitHub.

8 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

I don't have plans for a MEM IVA.  I'm going to work on a couple of advanced command pod IVAs (that will go in a separate mod) to help me stress test the MAS design.  That said,

(...)

:c

8 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

(...)

Avionics Systems v0.92.0 is now available.  It includes an adaptation of the ASET Mk1 lander can, courtesy of @snakeru.  Plus a few other features.  Available on GitHub.

:3

also wondering if you could find the time to add basic descriptions of the prop functions to the wiki, like arrt means X and does Y and Z. Dont get me wrong I really liked your detailed guide to the fdai its just that placeholders would be nice.

25 minutes ago, Anders Kerman said:

also wondering if you could find the time to add basic descriptions of the prop functions to the wiki, like arrt means X and does Y and Z. Dont get me wrong I really liked your detailed guide to the fdai its just that placeholders would be nice.

I really, really need to document those props.  It is not obvious how to use them if you haven't spent (too many) hours playing with them.  Once you get the hang of the props, they're incredibly useful.  The ARRT, X-Pointer, and FDAI are enough to dock without a camera or external view.  When I'm inspired, I can write fairly good documentation.  The trick is getting inspired enough to do it. :/  I'll try to get something put together.

Also, I forgot to update one config in the release that will cause some MFDs to throw a fit and not work, so v0.92.1 is now released.  Maybe next time I'll remember to check the MFDs *and* the retro instruments before publishing. :)

EDIT: Actually, there is some documentation in the old Flight Systems mod I have on GitHub: https://github.com/MOARdV/FlightSystemsRedux/wiki 

The documentation was written for the RPM versions of the props, but the functionality is the same.

Edited by MOARdV