[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

11 hours ago, Zikofski said:

changing AVP to 2:4.0.0.0 breaks something or am i missing something in the options?

I'm a noob to where the log files are if you need any please let me know where they are

1. delete all mods and  install:

2. - https://github.com/themaster402/AstronomersVisualPack/releases/tag/v4.0

3. - https://github.com/themaster402/AstronomersVisualPack/releases/tag/v1.10

4. - https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases

5. - https://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer

6. - https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer/releases

7. - Module Manager 4.1.3

Edited by BezKartuza

57 minutes ago, BezKartuza said:

okay so i guess the OP slow upload speed got me here, turns out CKAN did not have this v1.10 update when i updated last night it is here this morning and is working correctly, i know next time to be a little more patient ^_^

can i just say this is by far my favourite mod in the game so thank you!!!!

I did a fresh install of KSP 1.8.1 (including the Making History and Breaking Ground DLCs). I installed AVP 3.83 and 2k textures, EVE 1.8.0.2, Scatterer 0.0541, Texture Replacer 4.1, Module Manager 4.1.3, and KS3P 1.8.x-6.1.2-Beta3. I ran KSP and saw that Kerbin didn't look quite right. It seemed to be too milky, too much whiteness. I played for a few minutes and the KSC looked fine but the mountains in the distance looked also milky. I launched a rocket, and the clouds looked fine but the planet looked milky. I exited to the main menu and saw the alternate menu background with the Kerbal on the Mun and Kerbin in the sky, and Kerbin looked milky and had this very white southern region. Kerbin looks strangely milky from above, milky distant mountains as seen from KSC, and that extremely white southern region.

I uninstalled KSP, confirmed the KSP folder was deleted, reinstalled KSP, and this time I added AVP 4.0 and its associated 2k textures, as well as the mods mentioned above. The visuals were unchanged.

I took some screenshots. Does this look as it should? If not, what could be wrong? Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this?

Spoiler

4Calbt4.jpg

5A48LrL.jpg

9XFbxgK.jpg

4 minutes ago, Six6igma said:

I did a fresh install of KSP 1.8.1 (including the Making History and Breaking Ground DLCs). I installed AVP 3.83 and 2k textures, EVE 1.8.0.2, Scatterer 0.0541, Texture Replacer 4.1, Module Manager 4.1.3, and KS3P 1.8.x-6.1.2-Beta3. I ran KSP and saw that Kerbin didn't look quite right. It seemed to be too milky, too much whiteness. I played for a few minutes and the KSC looked fine but the mountains in the distance looked also milky. I launched a rocket, and the clouds looked fine but the planet looked milky. I exited to the main menu and saw the alternate menu background with the Kerbal on the Mun and Kerbin in the sky, and Kerbin looked milky and had this very white southern region. Kerbin looks strangely milky from above, milky distant mountains as seen from KSC, and that extremely white southern region.

I uninstalled KSP, confirmed the KSP folder was deleted, reinstalled KSP, and this time I added AVP 4.0 and its associated 2k textures, as well as the mods mentioned above. The visuals were unchanged.

I took some screenshots. Does this look as it should? If not, what could be wrong? Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this?

Hide contents

4Calbt4.jpg

5A48LrL.jpg

9XFbxgK.jpg

This is normal, the tracking station, inflight, and map view visuals better reflect AVP's visuals.

Does this mod still have custom loading screens?

EDIT: nevermind, found the "loading screens" folder in the mod itself! Might want to edit the OP to include a move visible mention that it's bundled with the mod now; last time I downloaded this, it needed a separate mod, iirc

Also, the link for Distant Object Enhancement should be updated; it's been revived, with a new thread here.

Edited by Alex33212
Checked the mod files themselves & got an answer

23 minutes ago, PanjshirLion said:

Do we still need to wait for Scatterer to update for the new AVP to work? I'm still getting the no-water problem when I install it with the current outdated Scatterer.

Scatterer is broken in 1.9, so yes. 

Edited by Galileo

May be a wrong place to post and if so I apologise, but has anyone else had issues getting KEX footprints to work?

Best I can do is get the little decals to draw, but they have no texture applied so they show as barely visible transparent squares. I've had this before but can't for the life of me remember how I fixed it.

KSP 1.8.1 with everything up to date.

Edit: Found the part of the log that may be causing the biggest issue. Seems to be unrelated to the pack, so I'll retract my question unless anyone has input!

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Kopernicus.Configuration.Parsing.Texture2DParser' from assembly 'Kopernicus, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
  at KopernicusExpansion.EVAFootprints.FootprintSpawner.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Edited by Moose

1 hour ago, Moose said:

May be a wrong place to post and if so I apologise, but has anyone else had issues getting KEX footprints to work?

Best I can do is get the little decals to draw, but they have no texture applied so they show as barely visible transparent squares. I've had this before but can't for the life of me remember how I fixed it.

KSP 1.8.1 with everything up to date.

Edit: Found the part of the log that may be causing the biggest issue. Seems to be unrelated to the pack, so I'll retract my question unless anyone has input!

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Kopernicus.Configuration.Parsing.Texture2DParser' from assembly 'Kopernicus, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
  at KopernicusExpansion.EVAFootprints.FootprintSpawner.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

KEX footprints haven't been updated to 1.8.1. The last version is for 1.7.3 .