[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

5 hours ago, Raccoon said:

Got the same issue of Eve severely losing its density and being able to clearly see land and water on the planet. Duna has no clouds and looks odd and Jool is just busted. I know at least it's caused by the latest version of scatterer (0.0540) so going back to 0.0336 fixes everything, but with all the new updated scatterer features it'd be nice to get an update.

I managed to get density in Eve back by deleting the atmo config in AVP/Scatterer/Planets/config and by deleting all the lines of code in Game Data/scatterer/config/Planets/Jool/atmo.cfg that come after line 59. For some reason the scatterer Jool config also has a config for Eve, which conflicts with the normal one in the scatterer folder.

To put it simply, a clean install of AVP has 3 scatterer configs for Eve, two of which are bugged. You only want the one in Game Data/scatterer/config/Planets/Eve.

Edit: I also fixed Eve's aurora by going into the AVP aurora.cfg, deleting the Eve aurora lines, replacing it with the entirety of Kerbin's aurora, then changing _MainTex from "{value = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/Textures/Aurorasoft" to "{value = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/Textures/aurora2}" and adding "_Color = 3825,638,3825,127" to settings. I'm not really sure what it was supposed to look like, but using that gives it a nice animated aurora like the other planets but colored yellow.

Edited by Codapop

14 hours ago, Boamere said:

Yeah the new scatterer has broken some stuff, anyone managed to fix duna?

Duna is the only one I can't seem to fix. That lower layer is just too bright. Probably could benefit by using a config from a different planet. I'll try the one for OPM's Tekto from Pood's OPMVO.

Does anyone have a fix for buggy volumetric clouds? It's a problem with EVE, and my clouds are in very defined lines, and they glitch in and out as I manipulate the camera.

EDIT: Also does anyone else get red clouds in the middle of the night? It looks like sunset clouds but completely opposite of the sun.

Edited by Codapop

On 3/16/2019 at 8:05 PM, capran said:

I usually don't use EVE/Scatterer/etc. as I think they bog down the game. But I gave it try today, after a ridiculously long download of scatterer (for some reason, it was going at 30 KB/s.) And the game is just too dark! Even with the sun at noon, ships are really dark. Even at night, there are no stars visible. And in orbit, on the night side of kerbin, you can't see the ship at all. Lights hardly do anything.

Yep. That's my problem as well, I have stars on opening screen (where kerbin is always covered in white clouds or mist).
No stars, very, very dark space. No milky way, or whatever it's called down here.

On 4/11/2019 at 6:30 PM, Codapop said:

EDIT: Also does anyone else get red clouds in the middle of the night? It looks like sunset clouds but completely opposite of the sun.

And that as well, not a problems as such, as it's all nice and pretty.

Also, let me say thanks a million to everybody who's involved in this kerbal beautification effort, everything is so beautiful I could burst.

It actually took me many attempts to get Astronomers installed and I've probably fumbled up something in the process.

Especially getting the PlanetShine working, took many attempts and I have no idea what finally clicked to enable it, seems like I did nothing different, just  kept uninstalling/reinstalling until stuff suddenly worked.

So I'm not super happy to start poking around randomly, I'll rather live without stars than without planetshine.

But if it's a known or obvious easy fix issue, I'd rather have it all.

Screenshot-2019-04-14-01-49-46.png

That's my installed stuff. There are a few conflicts:

• AVP 2K textures: ! AVP-Textures
  • Distant Object Enhancement default config: ! DistantObject config
  • Environmental Visual Enhacements: EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-LR (not indexed)
  • Kopernicust PSM: Kitopia tech release 1.3.0-2
  • Scatterer: ! Scatterer
  • Scatterer default: Scatterer config
  • Scatterer - sunflare: Scatterer - sunflare
  • Spectra: Spaceplane Corrections v0.19 and ! Planet shine config

• screenshot13.png

Any help getting the stars back much appreciated!
If no luck, the whole mod still much appreciated! Beautiful stuff.

___

Edit. 

Ok, I have no Idea what I did, poked around with planetshine and Distant Objects settings, and the stars came back.

It's still very dark, no milky way, but there are a handful of stars in the sky, the brightest ones I guess.

Edited by Jarmo
Stars came back.

Has anyone encountered the problem where clouds just don't show up? Scattering is good and all that, but there are simply no clouds, I tried installing previous scatterer versions, same result, am I doing something wrong? 

On 4/14/2019 at 7:30 AM, Jarmo said:

Ok, I have no Idea what I did, poked around with planetshine and Distant Objects settings, and the stars came back.

It's still very dark, no milky way, but there are a handful of stars in the sky, the brightest ones I guess.

That sounds like Distant Object shenanigans. Are you sure those brightest stars aren't just planets? Did you mess with the"Darken Skybox" option and the % darken slider?

Has anyone encountered the problem where clouds just don't show up? Scattering is good and all that, but there are simply no clouds, I tried installing previous scatterer versions, same result, am I doing something wrong? 

Sounds like you have multiple EVE CLOUDS {} functions. Or one mod is trying to make an edit in an unsupported way (like @Scatterer_config or whatever it's supposed to be). Can you list the mods you have installed?

Edited by Codapop

Hello,

First, thanks for this beautifull pack, I like it from the first version !!

Just a question : It's possible to desactivate clouds on map ? it's quite difficulte to target KSC with clouds ... 

Thanks

5 hours ago, Codapop said:

That sounds like Distant Object shenanigans. Are you sure those brightest stars aren't just planets? Did you mess with the"Darken Skybox" option and the % darken slider?

Could well be, tried "restore defaults" and it crashed the program right away. Uninstalled Distant objects but then got kerbin (viewed from space) full of glitchy artifacts.
I'll try removing and reinstalling the whole Astronomers again.

1 hour ago, Jarmo said:

Could well be, tried "restore defaults" and it crashed the program right away. Uninstalled Distant objects but then got kerbin (viewed from space) full of glitchy artifacts.
I'll try removing and reinstalling the whole Astronomers again.

Those artifacts might be the lightning.cfg. You can delete it or edit it to make the lightning more believable.

After editing every parameter in the config for Duna, in all relevant visual mods, and even trying to patch in Kerbin's textures to try to get Duna to look reasonable, I ended up giving in and using the Duna scatterer config/textures from SVE, but keeping the EVE configs from AVP. I think the texture files for Duna in AVP are messed up somehow. If you're dead set on using full AVP, then using the planet textures from KSPRC helps Duna a lot, though still not 100%. Personally, I find SVE Duna + AVP everything else is the way to go.

On 4/16/2019 at 12:05 AM, DrDam said:

Hello,

Just a question : It's possible to desactivate clouds on map ? it's quite difficulte to target KSC with clouds ... 

Thanks

Remember that NASA can't just disable clouds on the go.

On 4/15/2019 at 1:16 PM, Codapop said:

Sounds like you have multiple EVE CLOUDS {} functions. Or one mod is trying to make an edit in an unsupported way (like @Scatterer_config or whatever it's supposed to be). Can you list the mods you have installed?

Sure thing, there you go QKfpeJR.jpg

7 minutes ago, Messier said:

Do you actually have the AVP textures installed? If so, please share the log as well.

Hold up, you kinda lost me. Yes, I believe I have the AVP textures installed, the first folder in the screenshot is the AVP textures, should I place it somewhere else and how to I share the log? 

EDIT: Oh my gods, I'm mentally disabled, I forgot to install the ACTUAL AVP MOD, I only installed the textures, my apologies.. 

Edited by kronicus

57 minutes ago, kronicus said:

Hold up, you kinda lost me. Yes, I believe I have the AVP textures installed, the first folder in the screenshot is the AVP textures, should I place it somewhere else and how to I share the log? 

EDIT: Oh my gods, I'm mentally disabled, I forgot to install the ACTUAL AVP MOD, I only installed the textures, my apologies.. 

It's alright. We all make mistakes. :) 

2 hours ago, Messier said:

It's alright. We all make mistakes. :) 

Yeah, I've been trying to three days to make it work and checked and rechecked and couldn't figure what the heck I'm doing wrong, now that you asked me if I installed the textures, I 'membered that I completely forgot to install the core mode. Thanks for the help anyway. :D 

Hi I have a few nitpicky questions was wondering if anyone could shed some light on (if not it's fine this mod is amazing enough as it is I'm sure I'll manage)

1- ik the stars and nebula are nice and all in the background but I sort of prefer the old stock milky way (it seems more realistic and it has more star density. is there any way to remove that without changing anything else?

2- There are these red whispy clouds that I can still see at night from the surface of kerbin I assume it has something to do with the sunset but they remain there all night (like I said not a huge problem just wondering if I could fix that somehow)

3- I'm guessing I could fix this myself but thought id ask anyway the mod appears to add weird looking hair to the kerbals makes sense to try to make them look better but I think it just makes them look weirder. any way to remove this?

any help you can offer would make this amazing mod even better thanks!

images of issues https://imgur.com/a/eBDp1eK

Does anyone have a link for old version, new one is broken for me?
EDIT: Nvm, I just installed the 1.5.1 version of scatterer (0.0336) and everything looks fine now

Edited by Cannon

On 4/21/2019 at 9:58 PM, FlamingSteel said:

1- ik the stars and nebula are nice and all in the background but I sort of prefer the old stock milky way (it seems more realistic and it has more star density. is there any way to remove that without changing anything else?

2- There are these red whispy clouds that I can still see at night from the surface of kerbin I assume it has something to do with the sunset but they remain there all night (like I said not a huge problem just wondering if I could fix that somehow)

1. Absolutely, though I'm not 100% sure how to do it. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Texture Replacer. You could try just deleting that folder. You could also download a separate skybox mod and then add the stock skybox to it.

2. I have the same problem and can't figure out how to fix it. Scatterer and EVE aren't playing well together, but changing the configs doesn't seem to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Also awaiting an update. I fixed Eve with Coda's method above, but Jool is busted and Duna is eh. Also my Laythe has bright clouds on the night side, anyone else have this issue?

lIT2m1n.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind, bioluminescent clouds, on purpose, I'm a dumby.

Edited by MassoudGL

On 4/15/2019 at 9:05 AM, DrDam said:

Hello,

Thanks

I like to use ScanSat mod to realistically deal with clouds. It feels more realistic to scan all of Eve to see below the clouds before sending a probe to a set location.

Also is there a way to make Eve darker on the surface?? I seem to remember just having EVE and the lowest clouds/surface became very dark due to atmosphere thickness. Eve seems much brighter, like a cloudy Earth day in this.

Edited by MassoudGL

13 hours ago, MassoudGL said:

Also awaiting an update. I fixed Eve with Coda's method above, but Jool is busted and Duna is eh. Also my Laythe has bright clouds on the night side, anyone else have this issue?

lIT2m1n.jpg

I believe Laythe is supposed to look like that due to the bio-luminescent clouds. I'm pretty sure there's a simple way to get rid of it, as I accidentally did the reverse (added these clouds) to Duna when messing around with the Duna configs. IIRC it's one of the True/False boolean settings in Scatterer.