[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

5 hours ago, viperwolf said:

Did you find/get an answer for this? I have the exact same thing, is there way to turn down the star count, just a little :)

Most importantly, I want to make sure its installed right, fresh install from Ckan.

54 minutes ago, Chipmunk404 said:

I eventually removed the TextureReplacer folder within the AVP folder, this contained the start texture. It is now back to default, which also looks good IMO :)

This is the path of the folder that I removed: GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\TextureReplacer\

If you're using DistantObjectEnhancement, the skybox should dynamically dim when a celestial body is in view. The bright skybox is also meant to be tuned by KS3P's color grading. :)

On 8/19/2019 at 10:02 PM, III-METHOD-III said:

Im really struggling with KS3P.  When i was playing on 1.7.0 it was nothing short of glorious.  I made the (usual) mistake of allowing Steam to auto-update and ruin my game by patching to 1.7.3 and since then Ive been in a world of checking if all my mods work.

This brings me to AVP (the glory that it is!)

KS3P is part of AVP.  On the 'Endgame' update recently released, i noted that a .cfg file was bundled for KS3P.

Duly i put that .cfg file into the KS3P folder and even renamed it to "DefaultConfig.cfg" - and i know its the AVP version because its says Astronomers Visual Pack in the profile name section.

unfortunately literally nothing happens in game.  i know what a working KS3P looks like and not a single effect is working.

Whats worse is that I cannot (and Ive tried and visited the KS3P forum too) get the in-game dialog box to open. LeftAlt + 3 does nothing. LeftShift + 3 does nothing.  RightShift + 3 does nothing.  i even re-assigned the keys to open the dialog in Configuration.cfg and that does nothing either.

Any of you fine fellows got this working? Anyone give me a pointer.  I will follow your instructions to the letter...

Matt

It seems that KS3P's configuration exporting is quite broken, and as such AVP's KS3P config will not function. I am waiting on an update to the KS3P mod to fix this, but for now you can copy AVP's KS3P values into the default config and remove AVP's config.

10 hours ago, themaster401 said:

It seems that KS3P's configuration exporting is quite broken, and as such AVP's KS3P config will not function. I am waiting on an update to the KS3P mod to fix this, but for now you can copy AVP's KS3P values into the default config and remove AVP's config.

Ok, i will give that a go.  My other issue is that I cant open the KS3P console in game.  Alt + 3 does nothing at all for me.  Ive tried many other key combinations and even re-mapping what its set to in the KS3P config :( nothing work.

Ill report back as to whether copying your AVP.cfg for KS3P into the default config does anything.  i suspect it wont becasue I cannot actually turn on the config from in game (you know - set it to flight scene etc)

1 hour ago, III-METHOD-III said:

Ok, i will give that a go.  My other issue is that I cant open the KS3P console in game.  Alt + 3 does nothing at all for me.  Ive tried many other key combinations and even re-mapping what its set to in the KS3P config :( nothing work.

Ill report back as to whether copying your AVP.cfg for KS3P into the default config does anything.  i suspect it wont becasue I cannot actually turn on the config from in game (you know - set it to flight scene etc)

I recommend you share that feedback in the KS3P thread. It’s received some substantial updates recently and afaik there are indeed some bugs that need fixing, but I’m not sure whether the author of KS3P is aware of the ones you mentioned. :) 

He’s a good guy so I’m sure he’ll appreciate all the user feedback he can get. ;) 

I have had a few issues with clouds. They load in but they render on top of my atmosphere. So essentially I can see the curvature of kerbin through the clouds. And I also have issues with the clouds themselfs. Where there is sunset there is a sunset shading on all the clouds where the sun is setting. Unfortunately at low alltitudes I see this shading everywhere. I will upload some photos to show you what I am talking about. I am new to mods so I have no idea what I am doing haha. My kerbals have also gone pink colours. 

Spoiler

22 hours ago, III-METHOD-III said:

unfortunately this didnt do anything for me.  No effect at all.  im at a loss.

Given KS3P is an optional (but still lovely part) of AVP, i thought some of you might appreciate this little update. 

Looks like we are getting somewhere over on the KS3P thread. My logs provided The White Guardian with an uncaught exception error preventing KS3P's setup routine from finishing and it disables itself. This causes the unresponsive (or not at all appearing!) GUI many of us are having. He is looking into the issue.

Yay.

I am desperately hoping someone can help me.  I am trying to use the Extra solar solar system with Astronomer's amazing pack here.  But I can't actually view the extra solar system or see it in the observatory because of some kind of lighting quirk or maybe the skybox.  What happens is I see the normal skybox for half the galaxy, and then the other half is pure black.  The extra solar system is way out in the pure black area.  How can I possibly fix his?

16 hours ago, III-METHOD-III said:

Given KS3P is an optional (but still lovely part) of AVP, i thought some of you might appreciate this little update. 

Looks like we are getting somewhere over on the KS3P thread. My logs provided The White Guardian with an uncaught exception error preventing KS3P's setup routine from finishing and it disables itself. This causes the unresponsive (or not at all appearing!) GUI many of us are having. He is looking into the issue.

Yay.

This is great! Thank You

2 hours ago, Greenfire32 said:

Am I dumb or is AVP not on CKAN anymore?

AVP is on CKAN.  However, Scatterer is a required dependency and doesn't have a KSP 1.7.x release yet.  To enable it, you need to adjust

Settings > Compatible KSP Versions

and check "1.7" and "1.6".  I also check "1.5" and "1.4" as most mods for them still work under KSP 1.7.3 and those that don't are either updated (like version-locked Kopernicus) or I otherwise find out about when I check on the mod.

Edited by Jacke

I'm very confused... Environmental Visual Enhancements is one of the dependencies, and EVE requires a config either from BoulderCo or from Stock Visual Enhancements, but neither BoulderCo nor SVE are compatible with Astronomer's Visual Pack?  How is it even supposed to work then?

I admit, I only recently updated all the way from KSP 1.3.1 to 1.7.3, and AVP was working just fine for me in 1.3.1 (even with both BoulderCo and SVE installed), but I can't seem to get it to work in 1.7.3 at all, no matter what I try.
KSP.log

4 hours ago, psychonaut25 said:

I'm very confused... Environmental Visual Enhancements is one of the dependencies, and EVE requires a config either from BoulderCo or from Stock Visual Enhancements, but neither BoulderCo nor SVE are compatible with Astronomer's Visual Pack?  How is it even supposed to work then?

I admit, I only recently updated all the way from KSP 1.3.1 to 1.7.3, and AVP was working just fine for me in 1.3.1 (even with both BoulderCo and SVE installed), but I can't seem to get it to work in 1.7.3 at all, no matter what I try.
KSP.log

BoulderCo are the cfg for EVE's clouds and should not be used together with AVP who has his own. it's strange that it worked before. To me, with both, the clouds didn't appear at all.

SVE is still compatible.

Edited by Simog

11 hours ago, KSPNoob said:

11 hours ago, KSPNoob said:

These city lights don't look right to me.  I haven't played in a while and just updated my game, is this correct or is this a bug?

5niQqXf.jpg

Mine look like that too. When I get back home from a theme park in the very hot sun, I'll be figuring out how to remove the city lights texture. Doesn't do anything for me. As in, I'm not keen on it. 

Edited by III-METHOD-III
Confused

5 hours ago, III-METHOD-III said:

Mine look like that too. When I get back home from a theme park in the very hot sun, I'll be figuring out how to remove the city lights texture. Doesn't do anything for me. As in, I'm not keen on it. 

Just delete the CityLights folder in any EVE texture pack. Only one I ever liked was the KSPRC one (horribly outdated, sadly) but even then landing a capsule over them just felt uncanny, kind of like the fake horizon at the end of The Truman Show, except with a city texture plastered on the ground.

So I'm having some massive performance hits when I get close to the ground.  I looked over the thread and I wanted to double check that I need to disable Scatter Density in the graphics settings as well as ROCseed set to -1 in the persistent.sfs save file, is this correct?  And is this an issue with AVP or Kopernicus?

edit: NVM on the ROCseed, I dont have the breaking ground DLC.  

Edited by KSPNoob

Hi everybody,

I have two requests:

1- can someone post a screenshot of mun terrain? mine seems "strange" (you can see it in previous page of this topic. I remember it was more beautiful in previous version (last time I played KSP it was 1.1.3) 

2- Is it possible replace atmosphere with those from SVE? Here it seems too dense and it doesnt allow to see terrain below

On 8/2/2019 at 11:06 AM, m4ti140 said:

Anyway, the lights looked too much in-your-face to me and upon a closer inspection I realized they're literally inverted: the streets etc. are dark while huge empty flat areas as well as roofs are glowing. Now I assume there's some reason for this, but just wanted to point it out.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents after looking at that image you gave in that post.  If you asked me, it doesn't look inverted rather it looks like someone took a daylight sat image then greyscaled it, and set it for self illumination with a yellow color.   I don't see any city lights in images that actually look like they were using an actual night time image of lights, which seems like would really help.

Well, I'm still at a loss here... I removed BoulderCo and AVP still isn't working in KSP 1.7.3.  Anybody have any suggestions?
KSP.log

Edit:
I got it working.  Manually downloaded the zip files for EVE, AVP, and AVP textures, and then copied their contents to a folder on my hard drive (not my GameData folder), and then cut+pasted them into my GameData folder... and voila, it's working!

Edited by psychonaut25
Fixed my own problem

On 8/28/2019 at 12:28 PM, psychonaut25 said:

KSP.log

EVE itself is the framework that allows changes/additions to the Environmental Visuals. All visual packs use EVE to do their thing. BoulderCo is the name of the ‘default’ settings if one were to want to use EVE, but no other visual pack.

SVE, Spectra, AVP, Sci-Fi, they’re all visual packs that provide configurations for the EVE framework. 

I saw you got it up and running, but since I remember being very confused about EVE and visual packs at first I thought I’d share this bit.

On 8/30/2019 at 11:51 PM, KSPNoob said:

So I'm having some massive performance hits when I get close to the ground.  I looked over the thread and I wanted to double check that I need to disable Scatter Density in the graphics settings as well as ROCseed set to -1 in the persistent.sfs save file, is this correct?  And is this an issue with AVP or Kopernicus?

edit: NVM on the ROCseed, I dont have the breaking ground DLC.  

Check the link in my signature. There’s a known bug in Kopernicus 1.7.3-1 that will slow your game down on ocean-less bodies. The slowdown is affected by partcount. 

On 9/10/2019 at 6:31 PM, Jognt said:

EVE itself is the framework that allows changes/additions to the Environmental Visuals. All visual packs use EVE to do their thing. BoulderCo is the name of the ‘default’ settings if one were to want to use EVE, but no other visual pack.

SVE, Spectra, AVP, Sci-Fi, they’re all visual packs that provide configurations for the EVE framework. 

I saw you got it up and running, but since I remember being very confused about EVE and visual packs at first I thought I’d share this bit.

Thanks.  That does make more sense now.  I think my problem was that I had installed updated AVP manually (trying to move away from CKAN... it's sometimes more trouble than it's worth) but my AVP textures had been installed via CKAN.  I suspect uninstalling the textures via CKAN and then manually installing them is what solved the problem for me.