[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

15 hours ago, gap said:

Thank you Moose.

Does RealPlume deal with heat effects from atmospheric drag as well as engine effects?
I can't imagine exhaust plumes surrounding the whole rocket like in the picture below

If I'm honest that looks like the stock re-entry heating effect to me. It can be a bit... broken sometimes.

On 2/29/2020 at 5:13 AM, Falconist said:

Hey themaster401, just here to say thank you for developing one of my favorite KSP mods ever, here’s some of the screenshots I’ve gotten over the years

Hide contents

FItUn3Y.jpggA5aWum.jpg4rMrDdG.jpgJI6057u.jpgEFua1IN.jpgsPN2f7a.jpg

Wow dude. Just WOW.

On 2/29/2020 at 6:09 PM, gap said:

Terrific screenshots!

@Alex33212

I am sorry for derailing this thread, but may I ask if, besides AVP and its dependencies, you use any other visual mod?

Are the flames in the first picture from the Reentry Particle Effect mod?
What about the metallic reflections on satellites?

Hmm... Well, I use PlanetShine, but that's about it! The reentry flames are stock, and so are the reflections (though I believe they need to be enabled in graphics settings)

On 3/3/2020 at 8:42 AM, Moose said:

Hey buddy, not the poster but those flames are actually from RealPlume - that's the engine!

I've added in RealPlume, but after these shots were taken. However, I believe the engine there is from ReStock+, or at least touched by ReStock, and so that's probably why it looks like a RealPlume engine plume

4 hours ago, Moose said:

If I'm honest that looks like the stock re-entry heating effect to me. It can be a bit... broken sometimes.

Could also be that I have the aerodynamic FX quality set quite low ^^;

On 2/29/2020 at 12:13 AM, Falconist said:

Hey themaster401, just here to say thank you for developing one of my favorite KSP mods ever, here’s some of the screenshots I’ve gotten over the years

Hide contents

FItUn3Y.jpggA5aWum.jpg4rMrDdG.jpgJI6057u.jpgEFua1IN.jpgsPN2f7a.jpg

Oh woah, those are absolutely beautiful!

Hey, great mod, just wanted to ask if there are any plans to release this with 16k textures? I'm playing Realism Overhaul but with a real scale, stock-alike solar system and even 8k textures don't really cut it at x10.625 scale at low altitudes.

Edited by Decus91

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 10:13 AM, Neil_KerbStrong said:

Hello, I seem to be having problems installing this mod. I probably did some kind of stupid error. But here is what Kerbin looks like when I boot the game (I'm running KSP 1.8.1):

There is no clouds or any of those effects. I seem to have all the dependencies of the mod installed. I'm confused.

Spoiler

YZSGK55.jpg

Here's my gamedata folder:

363a1e84e71d44018bf82fa4230bc68e.png

Here's my AVP folder:

914c5532d31021aa01acfaa2468818b1.png

Here's my EVE Folder:

466e8ad484af09c3c7520533e2eee660.png

I tried to solve the problem myself but I couldn't really figure it out. Again, it's probably something minor and it will make me look stupid. Maybe the textures aren't properly installed (I choose the 8k ones)? But if someone could help me, that would be great.

I'm having the exact same problem. Latest version of EVE works fine with its default config, only when trying to run AVP's it doesn't work. I've tried with and without the Scatterer 1.9 workaround with no luck, so that isn't a factor.

The EVE config menu shows that the clouds have an "invalid name", could this be an issue?

hnOnmij.png

2 hours ago, EksCelle said:

I'm having the exact same problem. Latest version of EVE works fine with its default config, only when trying to run AVP's it doesn't work. I've tried with and without the Scatterer 1.9 workaround with no luck, so that isn't a factor.

The EVE config menu shows that the clouds have an "invalid name", could this be an issue?

You sure you have the textures installed, and in the right place? That's what my first guess would be as to what's wrong, especially if it's complaining about invalid filenames

I think I understand, I had the textures in the wrong place. The contents of the AstronomersVisualPack/EVE folder in the textures download need to be put in AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Configs, rather than just in the AstronomersVisualPack folder. I must have an old version of the textures downloaded.

Works like a champ now! Thank you!

XAgxKmf.jpg

Edited by EksCelle

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Is there a way to make KS3P shadows brighter?
My issue is that shadows make stuff in the service bay invisible because it's pitch black, and lights mounted inside dont make it any brighter.

What do i need to change in the config to help change that?

Hello all, this is a bit of a PSA:

If using my latest scatterer that is 1.9 ready, you should be advised that most visual packs (probably this one too) do not have the Spec R G B vailues set correctly for Kerbin with regards to the new "Ultra" setting in 1.9.  Kerbin's new Atlas-based ultra shader interprets these values differently, and as such, in 1.9, the values are approximate 5x as potent.  You will need to divide them by 5 to make them look "correct."  You can find these values in [KSP Install Dir]\Gamedata\scatterer\config\Planets\Kerbin\atmo.cfg

The new scatterer will not autoadjust these values (as we'd lose precision by doing so, technically, and if you lowered your settings from ultra, it'd all be wrong), whether official or in my preview builds.  You will probably want to make a "1.9 ultra shader" version of your texture packs to compensate for this strange behavior of the new Atlas shader.  The only world currently incorperating this Shader is Kerbin in KSP 1.9+.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, Skylid said:

So for whatever reason my oceans are not loading in. I.e when my vessel splashes down it's just floating in space above where the 'surface' of the oceans should be. Any fix?

Are you using KSP 1.9?

If so, do you have a 1.9 compatible scatterer?  Only unofficial versions exist at the moment, but they mostly work well.  I can advise you to try mine here:

You may want to grab the eve build with bugfixes for 1.9 while you are there.

Edited by R-T-B

4 hours ago, jebalicious said:

@themaster401 So I deleted my 1.8 install and am looking at 1.9.1. 

Likely a few more questions to follow, but is the texture pack required for AVP? I assume it is.  And does it alter the surface textures of planets at all?

The textures are required for AVP to function. AVP does not alter surface textures at the moment.

Hello texture/visual pack artists:

We found an easy way to detect the Atlas "Ultra" shader (currently only on Kerbin), so future releases will no longer require you to work around the fact that certain values behave differently with it in Scatterer.

Sorry for the confusion, I just am not as good as blackrack at finding means to detect what exactly is being loaded, apparently.  He figured this one out in no time when he got working on it.  So in short, my previous PSA is no longer applicable:  Keep your texture packs unmodified, or reverse any modifications you have done in future versions.  Scatterer will now treat all Spec RGB values the same regarless of the terrain shader setting.

Thanks.

Edited by R-T-B

Hi all, 

I am currently having trouble getting my AVP to work correctly. Right now all of my atmospheric planets look "hazy" with no clouds or other special textures. Attached are some pictures along with my install file. I followed the instructions correctly, and have installed the textures to the AVP folder like asked. I have also installed the dependencies for EVE and scatterer etc, all updated to 1.9 versions. EVE also says "invalid file" for a lot of the options when I open the in game config. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!!

k7ex5J0.png

KlTXetg.png

K2xWEzz.png

BKzRNBY.png

https://imgur.com/a/ZfWgRbq

Sorry because this will be already answered, but with 3 mins googling didn't make it clear to me. 

Im trying to install this mod through CKAN to a KSP 1.9.1, it says it needs AVP-textures, not compatible.

Would it work anyway if I override compatibilities? Because this mod looks just amazing!

Thanks in advance

FovtTqh.png

v4.02 Changelog

• Replaced KS3P post-processing effects with TUFX
  • Tweaked Kerbin scatterer configs
  • New loading screens
  • Removed TextureReplacer dependency
  • 1.9 compatibility

There is currently a bug with TUFX where the ambient occlusion effect causes odd banding when zoomed into a ship. I expect this to be fixed soon in a TUFX update.

7 minutes ago, The Space Man said:

I usually keep volumetric clouds disabled for fps reasons but decided to enable them again, and for some reason they are now black

e33KNRp.png

4pGXWdS.png

How do you disable volumetric clouds? My crappy laptop despises them.

9 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

How do you disable volumetric clouds? My crappy laptop despises them.

Create a text file and copy this to it:

@EVE_CLOUDS:FINAL
{
	@OBJECT,*
	{
		!layerVolume{}
	}
}

rename it to EVE_DisableVolumeClouds_MM.cfg and drop the file in your GameData folder