[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

3 minutes ago, thekiaman said:

Hi everyone, 

Just wondering why there are these random green glare effects that happen on every planet. I am assuming this is something normal because I even see them in videos people post showcasing the mod. 

Green glare? Please show an example.

I've been working on a nice overhaul for Laythe, it's going to look something like this:

c4p5bgieffdz.png

1 minute ago, themaster401 said:

Green glare? Please show an example.

I've been working on a nice overhaul for Laythe, it's going to look something like this:

I fear that they're talking about...the lightning.  :( It simply amazes me how many Humans don't recognize it as lightning. Although I should say that the frequency of lightning appears to be going up with recent updates if my eyes don't deceive me.

In my game it looks green but in this video it looks white. almost like lights turning on and off. Look from 30-40 seconds. 

1 minute ago, Starfire70 said:

I fear that they're talking about...the lightning.  :( It simply amazes me how many Humans don't recognize it as lightning. Although I should say that the frequency of lightning appears to be going up with recent updates if my eyes don't deceive me.

So that is the normal lighting then? I thought it might be but they just seemed a bit too random to me so I wasn't sure.  

Just now, Starfire70 said:

I swear to god I have not even touched lightning with the exception of slight color changes since the release of v3 :P

1 minute ago, thekiaman said:

In my game it looks green but in this video it looks white. almost like lights turning on and off. Look from 30-40 seconds. 

That's lightning, bud. And if it's green in your game you've done something quite wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i don't even know what to do with lightning at this point even scott manley called it a glitch

2 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

I swear to god I have not even touched lightning with the exception of slight color changes since the release of v3 :P

That's lightning, bud. And if it's green in your game you've done something quite wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i don't even know what to do with lightning at this point even scott manley called it a glitch

Ok thanks. It doesn't take anything away from the great mod. Wanted to make sure it wasn't just my game. 

2 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

Maybe hide it but offer instruction on how to turn it back on, like the rain. I wouldn't want to see you remove it entirely, I love it.

If I had more time, I would try to help figure out a way to adjust the frequency. Used to be somewhat a lot of lightning, maybe a bolt or two per second in one area, but then lightning went haywire in my career for some reason, like 5 to 6 bolts per second.

On 6/29/2017 at 8:13 PM, FurbyTheSwede said:

b4reZH6.jpg

Hi!

First of all i'd like to say that your work is amazing take you for that.

I'm getting the same issue as this guy (can take other screenshots if needed), I have a fresh installation, got the mod through ckan and playing on 64-Bits, any fix found for this?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Chayvre
messed up with the quote

36 minutes ago, Chayvre said:

Hi!

I'm getting the same issue as this guy (can take other screenshots if needed), I have a fresh installation, got the mod through ckan and playing on 64-Bits, any fix found for this?

Thanks a lot!

Happens in the KSC for some guys, don't know why, but it never appears inflight.

Hello everyone, first of all, i would say thank you for all this amazing and beautiful work, i'm really enjoying KSP with your mod....

but i've runned into a problem, after update 3.51 i've noticed that lightnings on kerbin and on duna are disappeared; also the "glow" when approching the mun has disappeared, so, am I doing something wrong ? or you removed those effects ?

i've read install instruction over and over but I'cant solve this problem 

thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english

cheers : )

Edited by Boomer

1 hour ago, Chayvre said:

Hi!

Thanks a lot!

This has to do with how KSP uses two cameras: One aimed at the craft with a short range and one aimed behind it with a wide field of view. The close-in camera shows up the grass as bright green.

16 minutes ago, waterlubber said:

This has to do with how KSP uses two cameras: One aimed at the craft with a short range and one aimed behind it with a wide field of view. The close-in camera shows up the grass as bright green.

Thanks for this information!

Any idea how I can try to fix this by my own?

I know it's not a game breaking bug but it kinda sucks for as soon as I land somewhere :(

Apologies for the noob question, but just wanted to ask this since the information on this topic in earlier pages of this thread is quite old (from 2016):

This mod, AVP v3.52 Luminosity, does NOT work with SVE + SVT installed, correct? I need to remove SVE + SVT entirely first, and just have the latest version of EVE without the BoulderCo configs and scatterer?

Additionally, just to clarify: I can run AVP 3.52 with KSPRC (which is quite old and for KSP 1.1.2), but in doing so, I need to remove the Atmospheres/CityLights from KSPRC? (I assume this is because AVP has its own atmosphere/city light configs?)

Alternatively, I can just have KSPRC alone, without AVP, or AVP alone, without KSPRC, and I'm assuming in either case, without SVE + SVT?

So basically, you have the following options, all of which require latest EVE + scatterer:

1) SVE + SVT

2) AVP + Limited KSPRC

3) AVP alone

4) KSPRC alone

Am I correct in my understanding of things?

Also, if I may please ask, which of the above options will work just fine with OPM + OPMVisualOverhaul?

1 minute ago, trias702 said:

Am I correct in my understanding of things?

You got it. SVE and SVT needs to be removed in either case. However, you could run SVE and use the KSPRC terrain textures if you wanted

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

You got it. SVE and SVT needs to be removed in either case. However, you could run SVE and use the KSPRC terrain textures if you wanted

Thank you!

In terms of running SVE + KSPRC (terrain), is it just the same instructions as AVP + limited KSPRC (so, install SVE + install KSPRC to Gamedata then remove the Atmosphere/CityLights directories)?

Could I please trouble you for an opinion about using AVP + Limited KSPRC vs KSPRC alone? KSPRC seems to have its own set of atmospheres, which you need to delete if using AVP, but I'm not really sure how to understand that. Is it just a matter of which visual look one prefers or does AVP add a significant amount of other features too?

And final question: if using AVP + KSPRC, or KSPRC alone, do each of these options place nicely with having OPM + OPMVisualOverhaul installed at the same time?

Just now, trias702 said:

Thank you!

In terms of running SVE + KSPRC (terrain), is it just the same instructions as AVP + limited KSPRC (so, install SVE + install KSPRC to Gamedata then remove the Atmosphere/CityLights directories)?

Could I please trouble you for an opinion about using AVP + Limited KSPRC vs KSPRC alone? KSPRC seems to have its own set of atmospheres, which you need to delete if using AVP, but I'm not really sure how to understand that. Is it just a matter of which visual look one prefers or does AVP add a significant amount of other features too?

And final question: if using AVP + KSPRC, or KSPRC alone, do each of these options place nicely with having OPM + OPMVisualOverhaul installed at the same time?

yeah it should be the same
Well, as far as I know, the only thing that will work currently from KSPRC is the clouds and the terrain textures. The scatterer stuff associated with KSPRC wont work because it needs to be updated to work with the new syntax and structure of the updated scatterer.
OPM and OPMVO should work just fine with either mod though

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

yeah it should be the same
Well, as far as I know, the only thing that will work currently from KSPRC is the clouds and the terrain textures. The scatterer stuff associated with KSPRC wont work because it needs to be updated to work with the new syntax and structure of the updated scatterer.
OPM and OPMVO should work just fine with either mod though

Thank you kindly, that's very helpful.

Just one last question left: the front page of AVP mentions AVP: Interstellar vs AVP: Edge of Oblivion. Are these two different, separate varieties of AVP? How do I select between them? When I follow the download link to the Github page, there is only one variety there, 3.52 Luminosity. How do I activate/use Interstellar vs Edge of Oblivion?

7 minutes ago, trias702 said:

Thank you kindly, that's very helpful.

Just one last question left: the front page of AVP mentions AVP: Interstellar vs AVP: Edge of Oblivion. Are these two different, separate varieties of AVP? How do I select between them? When I follow the download link to the Github page, there is only one variety there, 3.52 Luminosity. How do I activate/use Interstellar vs Edge of Oblivion?

This mod combines the best of both editions.

6 minutes ago, Galileo said:

This mod combines the best of both editions.

Thanks.

I just tried out AVP (with and without KSPRC), and looks like something is quite wrong. When I enter the KSC main screen, my sky is black and white, I can see clouds, but it's black and white. The water is a shiny chrome colour. If I look at Kerbin in the tracking station, then Kerbin itself is a weird black and white static colour. Happens both in Dx9 and Dx11.

When I open the EVE config window in KSC, under the Textures tab, the config is pointing to AVP, but it says "Invalid Name!".

I removed SVE and SVT, and have the latest version of EVE (without configs) installed. Have I done something (obviously) wrong? Is this a common issue with a fairly easy fix?

17 minutes ago, trias702 said:

Thanks.

I just tried out AVP (with and without KSPRC), and looks like something is quite wrong. When I enter the KSC main screen, my sky is black and white, I can see clouds, but it's black and white. The water is a shiny chrome colour. If I look at Kerbin in the tracking station, then Kerbin itself is a weird black and white static colour. Happens both in Dx9 and Dx11.

When I open the EVE config window in KSC, under the Textures tab, the config is pointing to AVP, but it says "Invalid Name!".

I removed SVE and SVT, and have the latest version of EVE (without configs) installed. Have I done something (obviously) wrong? Is this a common issue with a fairly easy fix?

did you reinstall scatterer?

17 minutes ago, Galileo said:

did you reinstall scatterer?

Holy crap that worked!

To understand why, I did an md5 compare on each file between the old and new scatterer folders (since they were the same version). It appears one file changed: the atmo.cfg for Laythe. The old one was actually for Duna, looks like the author fixed the issue sometime between the release of scatterer 0.032 and today, but didn't update version numbers or tell anyone. Odd that the atmosphere for Laythe would cause such horrible corruption on Kerbin, which was not happening with SVE + SVT.

Anyway, all solved now, thank you again for all of your help!

On 3/8/2017 at 7:26 PM, Boomer said:

Hello everyone, first of all, i would say thank you for all this amazing and beautiful work, i'm really enjoying KSP with your mod....

but i've runned into a problem, after update 3.51 i've noticed that lightnings on kerbin and on duna are disappeared; also the "glow" when approching the mun has disappeared, so, am I doing something wrong ? or you removed those effects ?

i've read install instruction over and over but I'cant solve this problem 

thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english

cheers : )

sorry if i bother you with my question guys, but i really want to know if i'm doing something wrong...

please, can you answer my question ? I'd really appreciate it 

thank you in advance