[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

1 hour ago, simtom said:

Today I installed some visual enhancement mods to upgrade the visuals of my KSP install. I installed the following mods:

- Stock Visual Enhancements
- Stock Visual Terrain
- Astronomer's Visual Pack
- EVE
- KSPRC
- Kopernicus

Now, is there any benefit of installing both SVE and AVP? Or is it recommended to just use one of the two?

I've also run into two issues:
- Is it normal that I can see the curvature of a planet through the clouds while in orbit? I guess the cloud layer is placed on top of the atmosphere?
- Looking through a window from inside results in seeing a grey box (video). Any info on that issue?

Note: this post was also posted in the SVE's thread.

It is not recommended to use SVE alongside AVP or KSPRC alongside SVT (you going for a visual maximum here? lol). As far as I know, nothing EVE-wise conflicts (I'm guessing SVE's scatterer configs overwrite the default ones, and the clouds do not conflict due to how EVE works), KSPRC and SVT both attempt to retexture all stock bodies so I don't know what could happen there.

You use a combination of cloud pack and ground textures. Not more than one of each.

AVP and KSPRC
SVE and KSPRC
AVP and SVT
SVE and SVT

7 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

It is not recommended to use SVE alongside AVP or KSPRC alongside SVT (you going for a visual maximum here? lol). As far as I know, nothing EVE-wise conflicts (I'm guessing SVE's scatterer configs overwrite the default ones, and the clouds do not conflict due to how EVE works), KSPRC and SVT both attempt to retexture all stock bodies so I don't know what could happen there.

You use a combination of cloud pack and ground textures. Not more than one of each.

AVP and KSPRC
SVE and KSPRC
AVP and SVT
SVE and SVT

Thank you for your explanation and my apologies for using all these mods together :) I saw a picture on Reddit and he listed the same mods that I installed so I went for it.

Obviously as the creator of AVP you would recommend to use that mod but do you happen to know what the big differences are between AVP and SVE? Or to put it this way, which one of the four combinations you listed should I go with? I can understand if you're not sure about that, maybe I should do some more research :wink: 

13 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

AVP and KSPRC
SVE and KSPRC
AVP and SVT
SVE and SVT

What's the correct way of installing KSPRC along AVP? In my case using it with AVP removes planets and other stuff

5 minutes ago, simtom said:

Thank you for your explanation and my apologies for using all these mods together :) I saw a picture on Reddit and he listed the same mods that I installed so I went for it.

Obviously as the creator of AVP you would recommend to use that mod but do you happen to know what the big differences are between AVP and SVE? Or to put it this way, which one of the four combinations you listed should I go with? I can understand if you're not sure about that, maybe I should do some more research :wink: 

Attempting to sound as not-egotistical as possible:

SVE + SVT would be the best performance-wise.
AVP + KSPRC would be the most intensive, but IMO the best looking.

The other two combinations are sitting on the fence there. KSPRC can cause some FPS tankage, which requires KSPRC.cfg to be edited

(replace the line "useOnDemand = true" with)

useOnDemand = false
    onDemandLoadOnMissing = true
    onDemandLogOnMissing = false
    onDemandForceCollect = false

6 minutes ago, alex88 said:

What's the correct way of installing KSPRC along AVP? In my case using it with AVP removes planets and other stuff

Drop only the KSPRC folder from KSPRC_-_Renaissance_Compilation_artworks_remake-0.7_PreRelease_3.zip inside your GameData, then go inside the KSPRC folder you dropped and remove the folders "Atmospheres" and "CityLights". This is the method I have been using for quite a while, it has never raised any issues.

8 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

Drop only the KSPRC folder from KSPRC_-_Renaissance_Compilation_artworks_remake-0.7_PreRelease_3.zip inside your GameData, then go inside the KSPRC folder you dropped and remove the folders "Atmospheres" and "CityLights". This is the method I have been using for quite a while, it has never raised any issues.

Yeah same thing I did, unfortunately after installing KSPRC I have only 2-3 planets with plenty of errors everywhere due missing bodies...

7 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

SVE + SVT would be the best performance-wise.
AVP + KSPRC would be the most intensive, but IMO the best looking.

Okay, I'll give them a try and see which one I like the best. But I guess they're very similar to each other? 

Thanks again for helping me out. I'm not particularly new to mods but I am new to visual enhancement mods so any advice is welcome!

So I tried both combinations but I get some visual errors while using your mod (AVP + KSPRC). I seems like the sea disappeared but I also don't have any shadows on planets/moons.

HllMciu.png

dl7hX01.png

The other mod combination is working fine.

Got an Nvidia 1080 and want to push Kerbal to the limits but I'm having real trouble getting this pack to work (it is pretty beautiful, right?). Here's what I've done. Help!

1. Took a clean install of Kerbal.
  2. Grabbed the latest release of Astronomer's and chucked it in the Game Data folder (yes, properly, not nested inside another Game Data folder)
  3. Grabbed the 8k 1.3 textures and put them in the Game Data folder.
  4. Got the EVE config file - EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-Configs-1.2.2.1.zip
  5. Scatterer.
  6. Module Manager (2.8.2 is the latest version bundled with one of the mods).
  7. Kopernicus
  8. TextureReplacer
  9. DistantObjectEnhancement
  10. Chatterer
  11. Loading Screen Manager

...and then I run KSP_64 - and I get a nice "foggy" look this is Scatterer doing its thing, I think, but no other noticable changes. I've tried this three times now and I can't get it to work. What is going on?

2 hours ago, TinyPirate said:

4. Got the EVE config file - EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-Configs-1.2.2.1.zip

Here, there is the problem. :-)
You don't need the cfg file but the EVE mod. than delete the BoulderCo folder From GameData and add this: https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/download/EVE-1.2.2-1/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-1.2.2.1.zip

16 hours ago, Simog said:

Here, there is the problem. :-)
You don't need the cfg file but the EVE mod. than delete the BoulderCo folder From GameData and add this: https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/download/EVE-1.2.2-1/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-1.2.2.1.zip

OMG, I can't believe I messed that up. Works now! Thanks!

On 26/07/2017 at 10:25 PM, Starfire70 said:

You mentioned something about adding rain possibly?

Any clues as to how to implement the 'smoothing' of the Minmus texture on areas where the slope is less than ~10 degrees (as it appears on KSPRC)? I posted about it a week or two back.

It looks really cool. I think on the flats it's so smoothed that it almost looks like ice (as it should).

As for Laythe, in KSPRC its clouds were big long latitudinal arcs (much like what is seen for real on Titan). It set it apart from Kerbin's clouds. Any chance of changing Laythe's clouds to that?

Hey there, saw you asked about the Minmus textures, have you gotten any clarity on the subject? I'm seeing the same thing and the difference is pretty big. Also, for me, the flats are now the exact same texture as the rest of Minmus.. :/

Edited by MrRadGast

9 hours ago, TheProtagonists said:

Everything is working perfectly fine except for the cloud on Laythe...

Q7mFzxs.jpg

FWwC6ec.jpg

Is it supposed to look like this?

Yes, if you ever played the original astronomers visual pack, you would have seen the same thing :) it was how AVP tried to make Laythe unique

(lol what happened to the forums)

AVP is back on CKAN!
The issue happened to be that, because scatterer is typically stylized with a lower-case "s", I had written it that way in the dependency section, nullifying the entire CKAN entry. Madlemur, if you're reading this, many thanks!

Currently being worked on are optimizations and texture modifications. As school is coming up, I will be finding less time to update this mod (don't worry, as long as none of the dependencies' have their syntax change, AVP should be compatible with future versions of Kerbal Space Program with the right dependency versions.) Anyone who is willing to contribute to AVP may submit pull requests on the AVP GitHub for me to review and merge.

46 minutes ago, stickman939 said:

Getting a CTD with this pack(or Andromeda Visuals, I can't remember which one it is ATM) installed, it's caused specifically by Texture Replacer.

Is this the case for anyone else?

Make sure you have TextureReplacer 1.3 or TextureReplacerReplaced.

So I did reinstall scatterer and now AVP works properly apart from the sun flare. I'm just seeing the default one, using SVE I did see scatterer modified sun flare. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? (yes, I did install everything else correctly)

@themaster401, very glad to see that you have continued Astronomer's work in an amazing way... keep up the good work!! Congrats!

Now, allow me to post my issue... After reading the whole post (due to I had the CKAN problem with Scatterer dependency... so I went back to the manual installation after a deep cleanup and now back to the CKAN installation, after a deep cleanup again), everything looks great. But, the Skybox is missing ingame. I know that if I copy the textures in TextureReplacer/Default, I should have it back. But I think if I do that, both the ones from TR and the ones inside AVP will be loaded into RAM. I'm actually not sure wether this is only happening with my installation or it is the default behavior.

Also, when running the ingame EVE configurator, the first screen is showing TextureConfig - AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/textures, but it shows an 'Invalid name!' and nothing to do there... I'm sorry but I can't post a picture... having problems accessing Imgur from China. Is this normal?

Thank you!!