[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

49 minutes ago, SpacecraftX said:

Is it not working with CKan for anyone else?

I get this error:

AVP-4kTextures v1.7 depends on AstronomersVisualPack, which is not compatible with the currently installed version of KSP

Mine said not compatible and had a dismiss button so I went for the old fashion way, it is well worth the trouble.  I had tried GEA, but all that did was turn every affected planet into a white ball, even the EVE tab in the tool bar stated that it had missing config files.

8 hours ago, SpacecraftX said:

Is it not working with CKan for anyone else?

I get this error:

AVP-4kTextures v1.7 depends on AstronomersVisualPack, which is not compatible with the currently installed version of KSP

It works perfectly. You only have to set ckan compatibility for the versions 1.4 and 1.5. One of the dependencies (EVE) is not updated (because it works perfectly) but ckan can not know and therefore also hide all the mods that require the presence of it.

Edited by Simog

On 3/8/2019 at 4:46 AM, Simog said:

It works perfectly. You only have to set ckan compatibility for the versions 1.4 and 1.5. One of the dependencies (EVE) is not updated (because it works perfectly) but ckan can not know and therefore also hide all the mods that require the presence of it.

So even though EVE and Scatterer have not been updated since 1.4 and 1.5.1 (respectively), does this still work in 1.6.1?

Edited by The Pamplemoussian
I realized that another dependency was out of date

26 minutes ago, The Pamplemoussian said:

So even though EVE and Scatterer have not been updated since 1.4 and 1.5.1 (respectively), does this still work in 1.6.1?

Yes, they work. Until now I have not encountered particular problems.

Edited by Simog

Hi, 

I want to play with the  most beautiful visual environment   (earth, sky  and planets ) and the real solar system..   Wich mods do i need and which KSP version i need to load? 

Thank you for help..  :cool:

I had the same problem. CKAN thinks that my KSP 1.6.1 is actually 1.1 and does not offer me any compatible version of Astronomers visual mod. When I set comptible version to 1.1, the mod suddenly appears. I did manual install instead.

At this point i dont really understand wich KSP version i need for playing  KSP with Real solar system and the most beautiful textures....  :/

I try from 1.3 to 1.6 versions with the good parameters on CKAN,  mods are correctly downloaded in the gamedata folder but...  nothing..  RSS do not work..

http://mini_190312014313867732.png

Edited by Figa
RSS

5 hours ago, Figa said:

At this point i dont really understand wich KSP version i need for playing  KSP with Real solar system and the most beautiful textures....  :/

I try from 1.3 to 1.6 versions with the good parameters on CKAN,  mods are correctly downloaded in the gamedata folder but...  nothing..  RSS do not work..

http://mini_190312014313867732.png

Max 1.4.5 for RSS/RO but AVP, if I didn't miss something, is not compatible with rss who has his own visual pack.

I am really in the dark...   :/       Does anyone can simply tell me which version of  KSP i must use and wich  mods and versions i need for a real solar system and the best visuals ?   (dont worry about the PC config :))     thank you for help!

SOLUTION from @eLDude:

its a bug in scatterer 0.052 go grab 0.053

Hey,

have a problem. When i launch a rocket from Kerbin ang get higher than 110.000m my rocket gets painted in blue (picture1).
And my crafts that were in orbit before are also in a blue coat (picture2).
If i go back to the tracking station and go back again to my crafts, the blue coat is away.

Any ideas? I installed everything new and disabled planet shine but nothing.

Picture1
t9mAs2Z.jpg

Picture2
1riFD2Y.jpg

Thanks for your help,

Rob

Edited by anarchopride

I usually don't use EVE/Scatterer/etc. as I think they bog down the game. But I gave it try today, after a ridiculously long download of scatterer (for some reason, it was going at 30 KB/s.) And the game is just too dark! Even with the sun at noon, ships are really dark. Even at night, there are no stars visible. And in orbit, on the night side of kerbin, you can't see the ship at all. Lights hardly do anything.

Too Dark

Edited by capran

@themaster401 Thank you for taking up the mantle! I’ve been away from KSP and the forum for some time now. I wanted to ask you. Do you have any plans of incorporating the original “stackable” nature of the original AVP folder structure? What I mean is the ability to essentially go shopping for the features you wanted like various lens flare options. Snow, lightning, sandstorms etc...

I for one kinda liked the old JJ Abrams lens flare. But I also like the ability to easily change it. I used to make a lot of cinematics. And the ability to very quickly swap features around was really fantastic! One of the big reasons I preferred AVP over all the rest.

Either way, great work. And I really appreciate you keeping this one alive!

3 hours ago, V8jester said:

@themaster401 Thank you for taking up the mantle! I’ve been away from KSP and the forum for some time now. I wanted to ask you. Do you have any plans of incorporating the original “stackable” nature of the original AVP folder structure? What I mean is the ability to essentially go shopping for the features you wanted like various lens flare options. Snow, lightning, sandstorms etc...

I for one kinda liked the old JJ Abrams lens flare. But I also like the ability to easily change it. I used to make a lot of cinematics. And the ability to very quickly swap features around was really fantastic! One of the big reasons I preferred AVP over all the rest.

Either way, great work. And I really appreciate you keeping this one alive!

Thank you for enjoying AVP! Unfortunately the modular structure of the original AVP was scrapped early on in this project due to issues with CKAN compatibility and the modular structure effectively doubling or tripling the work required for each update. However, I have gone to retain 3 texture resolutions that can be selected by a user, and have also split each visual effect into a separate configuration file. You can delete certain files to rid of an unwanted effect.

14 hours ago, Aremos said:

Hi.

I just updated to the last version, and now all the clouds are gone. 
Does anyone have an idea why?

you did well atention in part 5 of the explanation?

5.(Optional) Use KSPRC's textures alongside Astronomer's Visual Pack:
To install KSPRC side by side with AVP, first download and install Kopernicusdownload the latest KSPRC release, drag and 
drop only the KSPRC folder from the archive into your GameData, and remove the Atmosphere and CityLights folders inside. 
Edited by Hiroshidan

Hey, so there's quite a lot of issues I seem to be having. It seems like most bodies without atmospheres haven't been changed more than they would be if I just had EVE and Scatterer. I also noticed there appear to be no geyser jets coming from minmus, and Jool has no white clouds at all. Jool is also missing the pink tint in low light areas that I've seen in every video. I don't know what's happening but if this is a common issue with a known fix I'd love to hear it