Jump to content

[KSP 1.11] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.1 - April 12th, 2021)


Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Starfire70 said:

You mentioned something about adding rain possibly?

Any clues as to how to implement the 'smoothing' of the Minmus texture on areas where the slope is less than ~10 degrees (as it appears on KSPRC)? I posted about it a week or two back.

It looks really cool. I think on the flats it's so smoothed that it almost looks like ice (as it should).

As for Laythe, in KSPRC its clouds were big long latitudinal arcs (much like what is seen for real on Titan). It set it apart from Kerbin's clouds. Any chance of changing Laythe's clouds to that?

I actually plan on making AVP's Laythe clouds quite like KSPRC's. Still with the bioluminescence, too :).

I'm not sure why the Minmus slopes look different, when you install KSPRC alongside AVP you're getting those exact configurations as you were using KSPRC alone.

Rain absolutely decimates FPS, I can't even navigate the Space Center cause it's rendering there. The feature is done, I'm just considering the benefits and disadvantages of implementing such a performance-killing feature.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2017 at 4:23 AM, themaster401 said:

Thread's been dead for a while. I guess there's nothing left to work on, when I get the inspiration to I'll give Laythe original clouds, as well as replace the detailtexture. For now, I need more suggestions from everyone. What more is there that I can improve on in AVP? What more is there that I can add to such a feature-fledged pack?

Feedback and constructive criticism is always appreciated.

I noticed the clouds above the north pole became small puffy balls, all exactly the same, this was for the lowest cloud layer

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again...these clouds are awesome. :) When the rocket rose out of the cloud layer, it looked we had popped out of the top of a huge cumulonimbus storm cell. "ACE to Auxiliary!"

 

T0SXm1n.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I noticed the clouds above the north pole became small puffy balls, all exactly the same, this was for the lowest cloud layer

Cloud gridding shouldn't occur in the latest update. I'll try another fix, if it doesn't work then it's a problem with EVE...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, themaster401 said:

Cloud gridding shouldn't occur in the latest update. I'll try another fix, if it doesn't work then it's a problem with EVE...

Yeah, I thought it might be due to the spherical shape converging at the poles

travelling to the north pole on the terminator is very pretty

DrearyHappygoluckyDuiker-size_restricted

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I noticed the clouds above the north pole became small puffy balls, all exactly the same, this was for the lowest cloud layer

Sometimes you just have to do a scene change when that happens. It's not a problem with the mod. Sometimes the visuals load too quickly resulting in your issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @themaster401! I've tried installing the mod but it's not working completely.

First off, it crashed during the load of the textures. I switched to launching KSP in 64bits and it managed to launch correctly. However, upon loading my save, nothing seems to have changed. The Loading Screen Module does work and does the slideshow, and I can access its Manager from main menu, but I otherwise see no graphical changes in the game (no clouds, I went into one of my stations orbiting Kerbin and there was definitely no changes to planet texture...)

What am I doing wrong? :/ Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kynrael said:

Hi @themaster401! I've tried installing the mod but it's not working completely.

First off, it crashed during the load of the textures. I switched to launching KSP in 64bits and it managed to launch correctly. However, upon loading my save, nothing seems to have changed. The Loading Screen Module does work and does the slideshow, and I can access its Manager from main menu, but I otherwise see no graphical changes in the game (no clouds, I went into one of my stations orbiting Kerbin and there was definitely no changes to planet texture...)

What am I doing wrong? :/ Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers! :)

I have the same problems. Maybe some photos of the GameData folder should helps us with the installation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kynrael said:

Hi @themaster401! I've tried installing the mod but it's not working completely.

First off, it crashed during the load of the textures. I switched to launching KSP in 64bits and it managed to launch correctly. However, upon loading my save, nothing seems to have changed. The Loading Screen Module does work and does the slideshow, and I can access its Manager from main menu, but I otherwise see no graphical changes in the game (no clouds, I went into one of my stations orbiting Kerbin and there was definitely no changes to planet texture...)

What am I doing wrong? :/ Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers! :)

Did you download and install the dependencies?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Astronomer's Visual Pack: v3.5 "Luminosity"

- New wispy Laythe cloud layer.

- Rain particle texture is hiding in there :wink:

- Lots of tweaks and fixes.

Should be available on GitHub soon

NOTE THAT THE AVP-TEXTURES HAVE ALSO BEEN UPDATED TO v1.3. BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD AVP-TEXTURES v1.3 OR THE MOD WILL NOT FUNCTION.

Edited by themaster401
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, themaster401 said:

Did you download and install the dependencies?

Hi! Thanks for your fast reply :)

I'm guessing you're talking about the "Featured mod" list? I wasn't sure if I should, I misunderstood the "Featured" I think. I'm gonna go ahead and install those and come back to you if it works / doesn't.

Edit: Installing the dependencies worked. Thanks a lot to @themaster401 for his help on Discord :)

Edited by Kynrael
Problem solved
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, themaster401 said:

Astronomer's Visual Pack: v3.5 "Luminosity"

- New wispy Laythe cloud layer.

- Rain particle texture is hiding in there :wink:

- Lots of tweaks and fixes.

Should be available on GitHub soon

NOTE THAT THE AVP-TEXTURES HAVE ALSO BEEN UPDATED TO v1.3. BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD AVP-TEXTURES v1.3 OR THE MOD WILL NOT FUNCTION.

Are KSPRC terrain textures still supported, which would you recommend?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, selfish_meme said:

Are KSPRC terrain textures still supported, which would you recommend?

KSPRC is supported as long as Kopernicus is updated to the latest KSP. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wau this looks great. Currently using SVE but I think I will try AVP pack again. Btw does it work with 1.2.2 ksp? At least on first post it says from KSP 1.2.0+ so I hope yes. Thank you

 

EDIT:  Hmm I have a problem. I downloaded from your github the AVP but there are no textures only config files. Where should I download those AVP-TEXUTRES ?   I do not see this on github.

Edited by Jovzin
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jovzin said:

Wau this looks great. Currently using SVE but I think I will try AVP pack again. Btw does it work with 1.2.2 ksp? At least on first post it says from KSP 1.2.0+ so I hope yes. Thank you

 

EDIT:  Hmm I have a problem. I downloaded from your github the AVP but there are no textures only config files. Where should I download those AVP-TEXUTRES ?   I do not see this on github.

Conserning the textures. It has been asked, and answered, plenty of times in the thread: on github there is a list of dependencies where the last one is AVP-Textures 1.3. Just click it and you'll have the option to choose between the 2-, 4- and 8k versions.

Also, I love this pack!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jovzin said:

Wau this looks great. Currently using SVE but I think I will try AVP pack again. Btw does it work with 1.2.2 ksp? At least on first post it says from KSP 1.2.0+ so I hope yes. Thank you

 

EDIT:  Hmm I have a problem. I downloaded from your github the AVP but there are no textures only config files. Where should I download those AVP-TEXUTRES ?   I do not see this on github.

They are literally right below the configs in the releases section, and linked to in the config release. Please look closer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Starfire70 said:

@themaster401 Did you remove the Mun glow in the last update? I had gotten used to it, now the Mun looks boring and dead without it.

EDIT: Oh, appears to only be in orbital mode where the glow is missing.

It dissipates when you get close as to not create a weird extra-dimensional barrier when crossing the layer where the glow occurs :P

8 hours ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

The mod looks great, just as I remembered it. However, I am having difficulty getting OPM to work in tandem with this mod - the OPM atmospheric planets don't appear to have the same clouds, even after fiddling with Eleusis' submod.

OPMClouds is no longer supported due to file structure changes unfortunately. I highly recommend using the compatible OPM-VO for OPM clouds!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...