Jump to content

[KSP 1.11] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.1 - April 12th, 2021)


Recommended Posts

If you have AVP currently installed, please redownload and reinstall (remove and reinstall if on CKAN) the base mod. I had accidentally left a file from a previous version inside the download, causing the blue/purple haze bug and dropped performance.

Upcoming version v3.72 should see some of the features originally promised for v3.7 rolled out. Thank you for playing with Astronomer's Visual Pack!

yes this is the second time this has occurred. silly me.

Edited by themaster401
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gilbertohasnofb said:

I understand that this mod disables the city lights, but would anyone know how to enable both the city and city lights textures from the Scatterer when using both mods? I just came across these shots here and they look great in my opinion!

Scarrerer does not do city lights, that would be EVE. If this mod doesn’t have city lights you can either add them from the default EVE cfgs or use another visual mod

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Scarrerer does not do city lights, that would be EVE. If this mod doesn’t have city lights you can either add them from the default EVE cfgs or use another visual mod

Thanks for the clarification, really appreciate it! I thought that was Scatterer because of the thread I found those images, but reading it carefully I now understand those are from EVE. I will try using the city and city light textures and cfgs from EVE. Many thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, KSPNoob said:

How do you get the Skybox to work?  I have TextureReplacer installed but the skybox looks the same.

You might need TextureReplacerReplaced

Edited by Messier
Link to post
Share on other sites

GPU temperature  raises too high and very quickly when in Research and Development, even more than when launching or at orbit. I guess problem with Scatterer or AVP itself, but not Kopernicus or EVE.

Edited by Andrey.gr
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am running newest version of AVP and all companion mods, and I have this strange bug:
c0qJw1g.png
TQgz72A.png

Looks like shadows are somehow inverted? If it was only in KSP view I wouldn't mind so much. 
Anything that can be done to fix this?

KSP 1.4.3

EDIT: Also - the Loading Screen Manager doesn't work - just shows the Private Division screen on repeat.

Edited by Barcel
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Barcel said:

I am running newest version of AVP and all companion mods, and I have this strange bug:
c0qJw1g.png
TQgz72A.png

Looks like shadows are somehow inverted? If it was only in KSP view I wouldn't mind so much. 
Anything that can be done to fix this?

KSP 1.4.3

EDIT: Also - the Loading Screen Manager doesn't work - just shows the Private Division screen on repeat.

Think it's a Scatterer issue. Try turn on anti aliasing to least 2x in the graphics options. It renders things upside down with no MSAA. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

hi , i see strange things in config's of this mod maybe is normal but ..... is strange for me ;)

glow.cfg

        name = Moho-ablation
        body = Moho
        altitude = 450000

I compared with another mod this value (because moho have a strange look in my game ) and it is possible that there is an extra zero in your config (45 000 in spectra mod, 450 000 in yours)

duststorms.cfg

        name = Pol-Dust
        body = Pol
        altitude = -42100

I think (but maybe I'm wrong) there's a typo here too (negative altitude?)

I apologize if this message is useless or unwelcome, my English is very bad and it is very difficult for me to read or write in this language.
Thanks for the work provided on this mod.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't seem to get the clouds 48k clouds working, EVE is saying that there needs to be a EVE_CLOUDS{} config file in order to be used, but I have multiple of those in the AstronomersVisualPack/EVE folder... Any ideas on how to fix this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question regarding the AVP visuals.  A few days ago I packed my KSP install full of mods, and have noticed that not all of the mods are working properly.  After some playthrough time, I've come to the conclusion that AVP is also not behaving as it should be (despite the fact that it's one of the only ones not giving me an error saying it's outdated).  I compared the visuals in my game to the screenshots in this forum and realized that the differences were not a result of cinematic effect, but a lack of visual changes from the mod itself.  I'm working on a Mac, which may have something to do with the problem, but I'd like to know if there is anything I did wrong in my installation of the mod and its dependencies.  I can say, however, that the clouds, lightning flashes (but not the lightning), and aurora (from what I can tell) are for sure working as they (I think) should be.  Everything else is pretty clearly not working.

UPDATE: I seem to have worked out some of the issue.  It turns out that many of the visual effects were the result of the absence of certain supplemental mods.  I added in KSPRC and TextureReplacer.  TextureReplacer worked very well (still no cool skybox yet, though), but KSPRC had some sort of conflict with AVP and took away the beautiful clouds without adding anything new.  Long story short, now I have SVT and a small part of SVE, and I got rid of KSPRC.  The features I am still missing at this point are CityLights and the custom skybox.

Edited by YamiHikari
UPDATE
Link to post
Share on other sites

hi do I install the "default configs' when in CKAN if I am using Astronomers Pack?  Like PlanetShine has a config checkbox as well, and also Scatter has a default config separate checkbox.

Do I check that or no?

thanks

EDIT:  Just manually installed everything instead.  WAY BETTER.  CKAN wasn't the way to go for me.

Edited by schwank
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2018 at 2:30 AM, themaster401 said:

Fun fact: I have CityLights fully working and ready for usage. The problem is, I personally dislike how CityLights are; from orbit, a beautiful addition to the planet. Flying in atmosphere, much more immersive experience. However, the moment you land on that flat CityLights texture on the ground, it ruins the effect and the beauty entirely. CityLights destroy the beauty of Kerbin's natural state; you can bring them from another mod manually if you'd like.

It would be great if you upload city lights as separate module for thous who don't care about landing on flat CityLights texture.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Having some problems with the clouds when forcing DirectX 11. Can't use OpenGL because it causes unrelated issues with borderless fullscreen and I have to use Dx11 for Textures Unlimited. 

Apparently, I'm not allowed to attach images yet so here's a link to my screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/rdXh8Ll

I think it's an issue related with the 43K clouds because removing ~\GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\EVE\Textures\Cubemaps makes the problem and the clouds go away.

Edited by Gel
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gel said:

Having some problems with the clouds when forcing DirectX 11. Can't use OpenGL because it causes unrelated issues with borderless fullscreen and I have to use Dx11 for Textures Unlimited. 

Apparently, I'm not allowed to attach images yet so here's a link to my screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/rdXh8Ll

I think it's an issue related with the 43K clouds because removing ~\GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\EVE\Textures\Cubemaps makes the problem and the clouds go away.

It’s because 43k clouds, even broken down into smaller cube maps, is not a typical texture size. DX11 expects something like 2048, 4096, or 8192 (2k, 4k, 8k).

When you split a 43k texture you get something DX11 doesn’t like (I think it’s something like 7160x3580 px or somewhere around there).

In short, 43k will never work on DX11. It would need to be 64k or some thing that can be broken down to your typical 8k, 4K or 2k cube map texture, otherwise you get a moire effect as seen in your screenshots.

Edited by Galileo
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Galileo said:

It’s because 43k clouds, even broken down into smaller cube maps, is not a typical texture size. DX11 expects something like 2048, 4096, or 8192 (2k, 4k, 8k).

When you split a 43k texture you get something DX11 doesn’t like (I think it’s something like 7160x3580 px or somewhere around there).

In short, 43k will never work on DX11. It would need to be 64k or some thing that can be broken down to your typical 8k, 4K or 2k cube map texture, otherwise you get a moire effect as seen in your screenshots.

Can I do this myself? Open it up the files in that folder path in Photoshop and resize it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gel said:

Can I do this myself? Open it up the files in that folder path in Photoshop and resize it?

Sure, but stretching a 43k map to a 64k map will lose a lot of quality. You would be better off down scaling to 16k. Each cube map tile would need to be 4K as opposed to 7k.

Edited by Galileo
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Sure, but stretching a 43k map to a 64k map will lose a lot of quality. You would be better off down scaling to 16k. Each cube map tile would need to be 4K as opposed to 7k.

It seems like each of the 6 .dds files are 10800x10800 (10K?) which is 64800x64800.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...