[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

10 hours ago, scubahalo said:

CKAN is showing AVP as incompatible with KSP 1.7.2 (and obviously 1.7.3). Any chance this will be updated soon or should I just roll back my KSP version to 1.7.1?

I'm using it on 1.7.3 with no major issues. I'd recommend installing it manually until the CKAN metadata is updated.

You could also override CKAN's version checking, but I'd only recommend that if you know what you're doing.

10 hours ago, scubahalo said:

CKAN is showing AVP as incompatible with KSP 1.7.2 (and obviously 1.7.3). Any chance this will be updated soon or should I just roll back my KSP version to 1.7.1?

You can safely tell CKAN to mark any 1.7.* mods as compatible. (Settings -> Compatible KSP Versions -> 1.7 [check])

Unfortunately that didn't work either. Guess I'll have to do it manually. On the bright side I am now more familiar with CKAN :)

Edit: Just figured out that if you check version 1.6 as well as 1.7 in "Compatible KSP Versions" everything works fine.

Edited by scubahalo
New info

1 hour ago, scubahalo said:

Unfortunately that didn't work either. Guess I'll have to do it manually. On the bright side I am now more familiar with CKAN :)

Edit: Just figured out that if you check version 1.6 as well as 1.7 in "Compatible KSP Versions" everything works fine.

Ah yes. The old ‘dependency-dependent-dependency’. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, is it normal look of Kerbin or somthing wrong? I haven't play ksp for 3 year or more and don't remember how it should look with avp.

Also city lights are visible on day side of kerbin, i think it's not good.

hRn9Z9b.jpg

2 minutes ago, GjS_RUS said:

Hey guys, is it normal look of Kerbin or somthing wrong? I haven't play ksp for 3 year or more and don't remember how it should look with avp.

hRn9Z9b.jpg

The main menu is not a good indicator for what it looks like in game. Go look in game.

6 hours ago, GjS_RUS said:

Wouldn't those just be the *cities* -- visible on the surface? The planet is kinda small, so they show up pretty easily from above :)

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered.

When I download AVP from GitHub, it already has folders in the GameData > AVP directory for EVE, Scatterer, and TextureReplacer. When I do step 3 of the directions from the OP (updating the dependencies) and download the updated versions of EVE, Scatterer, and TR, do I put those newer downloads under GameData, or put them under GameData > AVP? If I just put them under GameData, do I leave the GameData > AVP folders in place, or remove them?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by VelRahnKoon
clarification

5 hours ago, VelRahnKoon said:

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered.

When I download AVP from GitHub, it already has folders in the GameData > AVP directory for EVE, Scatterer, and TextureReplacer.

Those contain the configs and config changes for those mods as wanted by AVP.

5 hours ago, VelRahnKoon said:

When I do step 3 of the directions from the OP (updating the dependencies) and download the updated versions of EVE, Scatterer, and TR, do I put those newer downloads under GameData, or put them under GameData > AVP? If I just put them under GameData, do I leave the GameData > AVP folders in place, or remove them?

You put the required mods inside GameData, else they aren't where they expect to be and may not work.

On 7/29/2019 at 3:53 PM, Galileo said:

The main menu is not a good indicator for what it looks like in game. Go look in game.

My apologies for the off-topic, but I giggled at your comment for how appropriate it sounded for a Dating for Geeks book. 

Carry on ;) 

Does this pack include visual lightning effects on planets? For some reason I'm seeing what looks like static electricity or some sort of lighting effect or glitch that shows very jagged blue light jumping around on planets. When I zoom out the sides of the planets have very bright white pixels which shoot around as I move away. Is this a KS3P bug? Is it because when I launch the game AVP asks for 1.7.2 but I'm running 1.7.3 (how do I fix that btw?) Just curious why this is happening. 

Set of screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/ESVu6eF

It seems much harder to capture the effect in screenshots but it is doubled when I'm looking at it ingame compared to the pictures. If you cant find the effect even when you zoom I can add some circles for clarity if needed. 

It adds 

1 hour ago, Huh said:

Does this pack include visual lightning effects on planets? For some reason I'm seeing what looks like static electricity or some sort of lighting effect or glitch that shows very jagged blue light jumping around on planets.

There is a lightning effect that is added, which explains most of what you're seeing. As for the white pixels, that sounds like a visual glitch.

1 minute ago, Moose said:

It adds 

There is a lightning effect that is added, which explains most of what you're seeing. As for the white pixels, that sounds like a visual glitch.

Oh wow I didn't expect that much detail thats actually awesome, which mod adds that exactly? As for the weird white pixels does anyone know a fix? Or a config setting? 1498e060d20484e57bcbf38410e69376.png

1 hour ago, themaster401 said:

I've released a hotfix for AVP, fixing the OPM issue and bumping the version. Apologies for any inconvenience :)

https://github.com/themaster402/AstronomersVisualPack/releases/latest

Happy days; hotfix has fixed the textures, yet the addons for OPM aren't working (by that, I specifically mean OPM-VO). Textures for the gas giants are the original found ingame.

I really do apologize, because I feel like this question is really common, however, I seem to not have clouds at all, please let me know what screenshots you want and ill be happy to provide them :D ive searched and tried most solutions but maybe ive been missing one important one.

Edited by MIEPIC

59 minutes ago, MIEPIC said:

I really do apologize, because I feel like this question is really common, however, I seem to not have clouds at all, please let me know what screenshots you want and ill be happy to provide them :D ive searched and tried most solutions but maybe ive been missing one important one.

Post a screenshot of your GameData folder and provide a copy of your KSP logs