[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

2 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Hey @themaster401

Is there any chance you will update this soon?

Even just marking this for 1.11 would be really nice for CKAN support. 

Im not entirely sure how you list dependencies, but it would be cool if you changed from old EVE to the Redux version. 

I'm currently waiting on a minor update to EVE to deploy a major update in the works ;)

As for the rest of you folk, apologies for any unresponsiveness on my part. It's been a stressful many months. Hopefully the upcoming update to AVP will rectify the last of our issues to become the greatest, most performant update yet.

7 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

I'm currently waiting on a minor update to EVE to deploy a major update in the works ;)

As for the rest of you folk, apologies for any unresponsiveness on my part. It's been a stressful many months. Hopefully the upcoming update to AVP will rectify the last of our issues to become the greatest, most performant update yet.

EVE Redux was updated today! According to Blackrack, he is now maintaining EVE as the Redux version.  Looking forward to the update. This is tied with ReStock as my most essential mod :D

I totally get it. Life is crazy these days. I just wanted to check in to see what was going on. Glad I didn’t poke the bear too hard :P

I would be surprised if it’s performant. The updates to EVE and Scatterer have made huge strides in performance. 

On 1/31/2021 at 7:33 AM, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Im not entirely sure how you list dependencies, but it would be cool if you changed from old EVE to the Redux version. 

Yes, I am no longer maintaining that other version, so this'd be best until CKAN people hand the dependencies over to blackrack properly.

Edited by R-T-B

On 2/14/2021 at 2:50 AM, Neebel said:

I'm currently playing with AVP and OPM in 1.11 and everything seems to work correct, exept two things: Vall is almost completely black and Eeloo (now a moon of Sarnus) is unusually dark too. Here are images of both. Would be nice if anyone can help me

I'm having a similar issue with AVP in 1.11.1, it wasn't an issue in 1.11.0 but once I updated to 1.11.1 the Mun is now doing the same thing that Vall in your photo is doing. If anyone has a fix for this that'd be great, I've gone through all my mods and singled it down to AVP causing the issue.

I'm only running visual mods btw, AVP is the main one alongside some cockpit interior mods.

14 hours ago, boBylliB said:

I'm having a similar issue with AVP in 1.11.1, it wasn't an issue in 1.11.0 but once I updated to 1.11.1 the Mun is now doing the same thing that Vall in your photo is doing. If anyone has a fix for this that'd be great, I've gone through all my mods and singled it down to AVP causing the issue.

I'm only running visual mods btw, AVP is the main one alongside some cockpit interior mods.

It unfortunately looks like the developer of AVP is currently taking a break (I don't want to say it's something bad although it might sound like that). His last activity on the forum was 17 days ago when he liked someones post. He's maybe working on the update but I wouldn't bet on it. I also couldn't fix the bug, only deleting AVP solved the problem. 

Edited by Neebel

12 minutes ago, Ollz said:

Sorry, but what do the different resolutions of textures mean (I’m really not a computer person ;)) and what Graphics card / other things are recommended for each level? 

I think it’s the resolution of the cloud textures. 
I’m using 8k with an RX 580 and I have no problems. 

Greetings all. I installed this mod but it does not look anything like the video in the first post. I thought i had followed the instructions properly. Copies the AVP folder into gamedata, along with the other dependencies and suggests mods. But this is what I get. What am i doing wrong?

562c1c0c78.jpg

ae7386504a.jpg191e1f12d4.jpg

Hi, I wanted to try out your mod, but it doesn't work for me I guess? I tried CKANed it first, but it doesn't work, so I manually downloaded and installed it in GameData folder, as instruction says. Maybe, is it because of these config files? I deleted EVE's BoulderCO configs because KSP is going to use AVP's right? I have scatterer, ModuleManager and EVE installed at latest versions. eZuGFiQ.jpg

On 2/24/2021 at 3:00 AM, Junyo said:

Greetings all. I installed this mod but it does not look anything like the video in the first post. I thought i had followed the instructions properly. Copies the AVP folder into gamedata, along with the other dependencies and suggests mods. But this is what I get. What am i doing wrong?

562c1c0c78.jpg

ae7386504a.jpg191e1f12d4.jpg

Wow. That is.....

very broken :o

I recommend uninstalling and then using CKAN to reinstall. 

On 2/24/2021 at 11:29 AM, VencaCZ said:

I tried CKANed it first, but it doesn't work

If you think there was an installation error on CKAN’s part, bring it up in that thread. They usually want feedback on that sort of thing. 
I personally have had no problems with it. 

On 2/25/2021 at 2:04 AM, Junyo said:

unofficial latest version of Scatterer

No entirely sure what you mean by that but maybe switch to the latest stable release? If it’s not a mainstream release it’s not surprising that it’s buggy.
You should definitely ask Blackrack in the Scatterer thread. 

Thank you for creating a beautiful pack! I think I like being able to look at Jool most of all.

@Davian Linhas created Kolyphemus system, which imo is a really cool planet pack.  He's mentioned that you can't use AVP with Kolyphemus as it screws with the cloouds etc, both on Kerbin and planets in his pack...is there a way to get this working?  I know the question has been asked in his thread also.

If not I may have to settle with AVP without Kolyphemus.

13 hours ago, jebalicious said:

Thank you for creating a beautiful pack! I think I like being able to look at Jool most of all.

@Davian Linhas created Kolyphemus system, which imo is a really cool planet pack.  He's mentioned that you can't use AVP with Kolyphemus as it screws with the cloouds etc, both on Kerbin and planets in his pack...is there a way to get this working?  I know the question has been asked in his thread also.

If not I may have to settle with AVP without Kolyphemus.

I am not a creator. I am the co-creator and the one who keeps this mod alive.
AVP will work with Kolyphemus if @themaster401 will create a separate AVP pack for KS, in addition, compatible with the original AVP.

On 1/26/2021 at 8:40 PM, Iodyne said:

Here you go man, it's just the scatterer .half files (and config) from SVE, although I may have changed it a little. Just decompress and drag into your GameData folder. If for some reason it doesn't work let me know. Also, if you are interested, keep an eye out for a modified set of AVP configs I'll be dropping pretty soon.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AyinEdCSUMKWfcRIIanPyytXQJH87ywZ/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: It might not look as good but if you want a simpler fix, go into GameData/AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Scatterer/Planets/Kerbin/atmo.cfg and edit the three "scatteringExposure" values. They are set at 0.23 and lowering these will make the ground easier to see. SVE had values as low as 0.065 but you can fiddle with it until you find the look that you like. Something in between is probably good.

Thank you this really helped me I was wondering if you might have a fix for laythe as the same issue applies and can't figure out how to modify it so I can see through the atmo.

I've been having so many issues trying to get this visual pack to work. I tried it with ks3p but can't access the ks3p menu once I install e.v.e and astro's pack, so now using UTFX but this has some issues with casting shadows on planets and moons when zooming in and out on the map and tracking station, also the mun is very dark by default when using astro profile through TUFX, and kerbin from orbit has no colour or only very very slight difference in colour between mountains desert and  grass and that's only if you can make out the land through the atmo . this gets fixed if I add terrain (default profile) through E.v.e ui I also tried this with the mun and minmus and the mun turns bright white but very detailed and cast nice shadows but it seems far too intense and minmus is too bright to see any detail. at all., I did notice however that adding terrain profile  through E.V.E loads the same cfg parameters regardless of which planetary body you choose. another annoying thing is once I apply the terrain profile I cannot undo it so I have to reinstall astro pack.  

Excuse me, but when I install AVP (think I did it properly) (with 4k textures on 1.11), all other atmospheres work except Eve and Laythe. Below is an image of what this looks like. Has anyone else noticed such a problem? I would really appreciate any help you would be able to offer.

Screen_Shot_2021-03-14_at_9.54.25_AM.png

EDIT: I have Corelian, could that be whats causing it?

Edited by The Minmus Derp

I heard that AVP can be used with Parallax. Is this true? If so what do I need to get that working? Just the StockTextures from Parallax? If so does that override any texture work done by AVP?

Edit: Yes.. yes it can. Lol. Shame we cant delete messages on this forum... Atleast that I know of.

Edited by Motokid600

• 2 weeks later...